+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you Hot?.....ewwww NOT!

No doubt about that, Z3. Unfortunately for the participants, what ABC seems to want us to see is not terribly exciting or fun to watch.

Of course, Lorenzo's participation doesn't help that much.

FORT Newbie
    I will agree with you 100% John... There doesn't seem to be much depth to the show but I think that's why it's only 6 episodes long... I don't think they would retain any viewers long enough to drag it out, like american idol. It will be interesting to see what they do for the final episode.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I can respect your opinion Z3Flyboy, but my main gripe with the series is that there is absolutely no chemistry between the judges, who themselves are morons. In a way, those that participate are meant to be puppets and put on display for all of America to judge... that's the whole premise of reality TV right - watching a train wreck? I don't have a problem with the concept.... the commercials attracted me to watch for a bit of the first episode and I loved Howard Stern's rendition of it on his show. Why, because the judges were funny and the contestants were usually competing for breast implants or being evaluated for playboy, and the bit was not taken seriously... it was FUNNY and SILLY.

BUT the judges and host are lacking something besides just being mean. AND the fact that the contestants don't take it as a joke is beyond me... how insecure and self-deprecating you do have to be to go on a show like that just to reaffirm to yourself that you like what you see in the mirror. Being hot should come from within... as cliche and overplayed as that sounds.

I'm sorry but I do think it's moronic to demonstrate any sense of self worth from simply being hot. How much attention do they must crave to need to prove their "hotness" on national TV...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    As a viewer and amateur critic, it is very hard to fall in love with any of these contestants. On American Idol, you can route for the underdog who may have been shy in school but amazing when he/she belts out a tune (i.e. unconventionally hot Clay and Ruben). There are no underdogs to route for on this show... it's hard to feel sorry for someone who is crying about being eliminated for not being attractive enough... I mean the contestants should feel like they are above and beyond everyone else's opinion, especially for their looks.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    and as you said eariler: "It took a lot of guts for them to set themselves up for such harsh slandering by the judges in front of millions of viewers. "

Don't tell me these contestants don't revel in the spotlight and to get attention?! No one in their right mind would otherwise!

FORT Newbie
    I know one of the finalists who auditioned because her modeling agent sent her. She never expected to REALLY get picked. She is very sweet. The concept of the show was very vague - they are told they are going to be scored, but not that they are going to be bashed. They were not allowed to watch what was happening on stage, so until their turn - they were clueless has to what would happen. Z3 is exactly right. The show is brutal behind stage. Do you honestly think these kids (most are under 21 and KIDS) intend to cry on TV? It is obviously something is happening in the interviews to provoke and make them break. Get real.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    But why would one choose to be on a show when they are unsure about what it's going to be about? It's silly... and either way you cut it the show's a bomb.

I think you read my post wrong. I just quoted what someone else said. I don't really think that they are morons. If you see any other posts I make - I like these people. It's my favorite show on television right now. I was defending it.

I was just saying, part of the entertainment is seeing these "blahblahblah people" which is, what you said... what the producers want you to think.

And you are right about that taking taking a lot of guts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12