+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howard Stern suing Are You Hot?

FORT Fan

Howard Stern suing Are You Hot?

I did a search and didn't see anything being discussed about this, but from what I have heard hinted on his show, Stern is taking legal action against the show for stealing his 'The Evaluators' idea. Scott Eizenger is a producer on Are You Hot (I believe) and he used to work for Stern before going off to work for ABC, and it is believed the idea came from him.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I wouldn't beleive a thing stern says. he just shoots his mouth off to keep his name in the press, he has gotten old and stale.

JR.
    This show is a total rip-off of a bit he's been doing for years, right down to the laser pointer.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think it's probably true that he is suing. Why not, everyone else does?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

If they stole his idea (and it appears they did) I can't say I blame him really.
    "That's Numberwang!"

That's true Fluff!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

yes, b/c we ALL know that stern needs MORE money.

let it go, howard! maybe they'll let you be a judge next season. can't possibly be any worse than horny lorenzo.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    What kind of involvement does Jackie have in the series? I personally miss Jackie on the HS show, even though Arty is funny too. Jackie's involvement made the show hysterical... without him HS just shoots his mouth about how hot he finds anorexic and bullemic girls!

FORT Newbie
    It isn't about the money. Scott Einzinger is the Producer/supposed creator of Are You Hot? Scott was the producer of the E! show. Howard even went to his wedding and considered him a friend. He wished him luck on air the day he left for Hollywood.

Are you Hot is a blatant rip off of his Playboy evals including the laser pointer usually wielded by his sylist Ralph.
    The fact that Jackie is listed as Consultant is just a slap in the face. If it wasn't done so obviously, Howard wouldn't be sueing. Even Howard admits it is a bad show.
    Rumor is that he was in talks with Showtime to do an evaluation series - with naked girls but that Are You Hot messed it up.

I agree actually. I've read much more on this in recent days than I originally knew.

I think Howard Stern has every right to sue. I only listen to his show about 20-25 minutes a day (on my commute to work) and when I heard about this show on ABC I thought it sounded exactly like what they did on the radio.

The fact that one of his producers from the HS show is the producer of this show is just flat out wrong (if not completely illegal).

I don't think it matters how much money you have...If someone steals your idea (and in such an in-your-face way), they should have every right to sue just as someone without money would.

This Scott Einzinger guy is a bastard and I hope he gets his due.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast