+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Randolph Duke - Are You Hot Judge

Randolph Duke - Are You Hot Judge

Randolph Duke, known as one of Hollywood's designers of choice, has received rave reviews since he launched his own signature line. Having been Halston International's design director for many years, Duke had the ideal training to go it alone. His evening wear has recently been spotted on superstars Sharon Stone and Celine Dion. Duke has an eye for layering and mixing unlikely fabrications and his collections are made all the more interesting because of it.

In September 1996 Randolph Duke was hired as (Halston's) designer. Duke's design background began in swimwear on the west coast. Following stints at Jantzen and Anne Cole, he came east and developed a sportswear line under his own name from 1987 to 1992, and again in 1993 to 1995. He built a following for lively, young clothing on the cutting edge of innovative fabric use. He returned to swimwear at Gottex and more recently became a design consultant at Henri Bendel.

At Halston International he hit the ground running, having the level of energy and dedication to pull together a snappy spring Sleep and Innerwear collection in three weeks, as he gave focus and direction to a spring sportswear collection. Even now he can't remember leaving the office before 9 PM.

I have no idea who he is, but that face was not what I pictured to go with that name.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I saw his picture and was like "Oh, he's actually handsome, I didn't expect that!"

He comes up with some great designs.
    I have seen him on The View once before.
    "That's Numberwang!"

You know, Randolph Duke makes me think of Trading Places.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Official ABC Bio:

[IMG]images/stor/hot_biopic_Duke.jpg[/IMG]
    Randolph Duke's inimitable designs grace the red carpet at every major awards ceremony, having dressed such A-list nominees and winners as Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Aniston, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Minnie Driver, Faith Hill, Rita Wilson, Hilary Swank and Sharon Stone. Duke may be best known for his masterful resurrection of one of the most influential names in fashion, Halston's Signature Collection. He has worked as creative and design director for numerous key retailers and manufacturers, lending his expertise in product image, marketing and visual merchandising.

This judge is a pompous jerk

And I thought that *Lorenzo* was going to be the biggest, most rude jerk of them all, but no, I was wrong. This guy takes the cake. Where Lorenzo is kind of "smarmy-jerky" (commenting too bluntly on women's rear ends, laser pointing their crotch area), this guy is just old-fashioned rude-jerky.

I especially couldn't stand his comment to one woman, that she had a face "suited only for radio, but not even an FM station."

I believe it was he (or maybe Lorenzo?) who told one very skinny lady to "immediately drop by a Burger King and go eat a cheese burger." -- it's one thing for some of us here at this board to discuss some of these things, but for this judge to tell this woman this to her face in front of a live and televised audience was just very rude and tacky.

It could very well be that that girl is bulemic or anorexic, so he should've been a lot more delicate. It's like, you should not go up to a sad-looking person and tell them to "just smile," because they may have just lost a loved one or they may suffer from clinical depression.

This judge just seems so pompous.

I didn't care for the way he just blurted out to another contestant that his "eyes were just too close together," and he told one or two other men that they had 'chicken legs' or something.

~ Good night, learn what "tactful" means.

Where most of you seem to like picking on the contestants in these shows (and sometimes rightfully so, don't misunderstand me!), I'm sorry, but my sympathy usually goes to them. It's the judges who need to be brought down a peg or two, in my book!

+ Reply to Thread