+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo Lamas - Are You Hot Judge

Lamas = Simon

I'm afraid that Lamas is going to be the Simon (from American Idol) judge of the show, with the mean insults. I just saw a commerical for this "Are You Hot" program where Lamas was telling one person (a guy who was really built), "Does your mother let you leave the house dressed like that?"

Hello Simon and Lorenzo? There is a way of being _tactfully_ blunt. You can break negatives to someone without ripping apart their dignity and self esteem and coming across like a rude jackass.

see grommit, I see it this way, if either Simon or Lorenzo were to say the things they do to someone walking down the street, I'd agree with you, but these reality show contestants should know what they are getting into. If you can't sing don't go on AI and if you're not the full package don't go on AYH.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I saw a clip where he asid to one young woman, "two words immeadiately come to mind, how much?"

Cruel, but it made me laugh

I think you can be fully clothed and still be incredibly hot, it isn't just about showing skin.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    gromit, I had exactly the same reaction to the commercials -- that Lorenzo is trying to be just like Simon. I bet they have someone writing his insulting lines, though ... he doesn't seem quite as bright as Simon.

FORT Newbie
    the contestants are all hot but the judges are so MEAN!
    It's becoming too much like American Idol with Lorenzo acting so much like Simon Colwell, right?

Lorenzo Lamas' career has hit a desperate new low. Then again, maybe this is a step up from "Celebrity Boot Camp", where Mr. Martial arts bad ass Lorenzo got beat in a strength/endurance test by former Baywatch bimbo Traci Bingham.

At least here Lorenzo gets to troll for chicks now that his Playboy playmate wife is divorcing him.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    With AI a big sucess then why not have the judges copycat, Its the American way.

Originally posted by cali
    ya know, I have no idea if the guy can act (yes, I did watch Renegade) but he has that certain something to me.

I don't know what it is.. I used to hate him, then when I met him I realized how cute, funny, charming and intelligent he really is. Then I woke up.
    Well, I don't totally want to repeat myself here, as I just commented on my impression of Lorenzo in another thread... so I'll try to keep this part brief: I thought he was a mixed big (on this show). At times he seemed very nice to the contestants and at other times he seemed rather snotty, overly picky, and rude.

I have to wonder if the producers coached him and the other judges to act a certain way; maybe they wanted him to be the "Simon" (the "meanie") on the panel, but then, the other male judge was at times EVEN RUDER or meaner than Lorenzo, but I'll save that part for the thread on that guy ("Randolph" is it??)

I mean, when Lorenzo told one girl who was in a black outfit, "How much?" (he was implying that she looked like a prostitute), it sounded a bit scripted to me.

I wasn't totally offended by his use of a laser pointer on the wanna-be models as some other posters here are. I understand that was just his way of explaining his reasons for liking or dislking a person's body part, but...

when he used the pointer on the girl whose thighs did not touch, I was miffed. He had picked on her in the previous show-- or pre-show, or whatever you call it. The man would not leave the poor girl alone, all because her stupid thighs were not touching.

Also, I found him hypocritical on that issue, because he told one or two other girls that he didn't like the fact that their thighs WERE touching. It's like make up your mind already.

BTW -- I could not STAND the yellow sun glasses he wore in parts of the show, I thought they looked stupid. I figured maybe he was trying to look like Bono from the pop group U2. -- if he's gonna be all nit picky on judging the people on the show, then I'm going to nit pick on him, bwa ha ha!

Originally posted by fluff
    I saw a clip where he asid to one young woman, "two words immeadiately come to mind, how much?"

Cruel, but it made me laugh

I think you can be fully clothed and still be incredibly hot, it isn't just about showing skin.
    Yes, same thought I had. I noticed many of the contestants went on half-dressed. The dudes quite frequently either wore a vest (with no shirt underneath) or else no shirt at all (they'd rip it off for the camera).

The females were letting their boobs hang out all over the place. When will people learn that looking hot/being hot is not necessarily synonymous with dressing like a 'ho -- or acting like one?

Originally posted by cali
    see grommit, I see it this way, if either Simon or Lorenzo were to say the things they do to someone walking down the street, I'd agree with you, but these reality show contestants should know what they are getting into. If you can't sing don't go on AI and if you're not the full package don't go on AYH.
    I respectfully disagree, to an extent, though I can appreciate what you're saying

I'm one of those people who feels that no matter the place -- whether something is televised or not -- that people should be sensitive to other people's feelings and keep a sense of decorum. I think it makes *the judges* look worse to be rude jerks than it does for a contestant to be singing off-key on American Idol.

I'm not against the judges being critical per se, but I don't think there's a need to be cruel about it. I don't enjoy watching people get humiliated on a show by someone else.

Another problem is this: there were people on the 'Are You Hot' show who looked okay to me, and I suspect most of you'd agree that they were okay or great looking, yet one or more judges would make the most negative comments about these people, as if they should be wearing bags on their faces 24/7. Even if someone is that unattractive, I don't think one should just blurt it out to them, television show or not.

I've seen some of these people crying after they walk off the stage. There are feelings involved. Instead of looking at it like "well, it was his/her choice to go on the show, so they deserve whatever they get," I look at it as though they were BRAVE enough to try out. How many of us here would actually have the guts to go before the cameras and judges?

If I'm channel surfing and stop to watch a "Jerry Springer-ish" type show and it starts to get very nasty, with someone crying and just falling apart -- I have to turn the channel. I don't think that real-life human suffering should be considered 'entertainment' and fun. I don't want to get my jollies off of some other human being's suffering and anguish -- even if it is from a silly "Are you hot" type show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast