+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rachel Hunter - Are You Hot Judge

Rachel Hunter - Are You Hot Judge

Rachel Hunter
    Birthdate: 9/9/69

Rachel Hunter was born September 9, 1969, to a middle-class family in Auckland, New Zealand. Her parents endured a rocky relationship, and they eventually divorced when Rachel was still a child.

Although Rachel was more reserved and inhibited as a young girl, her personality seemed to undergo a dramatic transformation in 1982 when she was diagnosed with a rare blood disease. Following her recovery, Rachel became much more extroverted, which may have given her the fuel she needed to pursue a career in the spotlight.

While she had always dreamed of becoming a ballerina, Rachel inevitably wound up posing for the camera. A model by age 17, Rachel soon graced the covers of countless fashion magazines, including Vogue and Cosmopolitan.

At the young age of 21, Rachel's life in the public eye took on a whole new meaning when she wed Rod Stewart, who was 24 years her senior. Together they had two children: Renee and Liam, now nine and seven respectively.

By 1994, Rachel had established herself as a top fashion model, both on the runway and on magazine covers. She began appearing in the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, as well as the accompanying videos.

In January 1999, Rachel and Rod separated, and both quickly went their separate ways. Rachel has apparently been romantically linked with everyone from Mark McGrath to Bruce Willis. For the time being though, she remains single.

Life after Rod has been a busy one for Rachel. She worked on several independent films, including 1999's A Walk in the Park and 2000's Two Shades of Blue, and had a small part in 2001's Rock Star. In addition, she also hosted a fitness program for VH-1 and released several exercise videos.

She has also been very vocal about animal rights, making a notable trip to Congo to bring awareness to the gorilla crisis that is ongoing there.

But life for Rachel after marriage hasn't been without its setbacks, most notably a cancer scare, which, luckily, proved to be non-threatening.

While her workload is not as hectic, career wise, Rachel is raising her two children while continuing to fight for her charitable causes and auditioning for films.

I've always though she's very pretty.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Official ABC Bio:

[IMG]images/stor/hot_biopic_hunter.jpg[/IMG]
    Rachel Hunter catapulted to fame in 1989 with that year's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, and quickly became one of the most photographed cover models in the world. In the early '90s she embarked on her career as an actress, with numerous guest-starring roles on The Drew Carey Show, Mad About You and Suddenly Susan, as well as her own successful workout video. She soon advanced to feature film work and can be seen in the forthcoming movies Haunted Lighthouse, El Padrino, and Perfect Partners.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Now she's hot.

I actually saw in her person once. I was attending the Advanced Micro Devices 20th (or 25th, can't remember) employee picnic; Rod Stewart was the band and she was there. Ah, back when the tech companies were booming. Good times.

I hope I don't get ripped apart for saying this, but I've never thought of Rachael Hunter as being very pretty. I'm not saying she is ugly mind you, but to me, she's always been kind of "blah" looking.

When Lorenzo whipped out his laser pointer, she objected to that at least twice, so good for her.

I think that she poorly judged a handful of people in the final scoring... and the audience at the taping noticed and boo'ed her on it.

Overall, I think she was a little nicer than the other two judges. . . she did make the occasional semi-rude remark, however, like she kept telling one muscular guy that he "looks like a gorilla." She clearly does not like men who are very built -- and no, I'm not even talking "Mr. Universe" kind of built. She seems to favor men who are only a tad on the muscular side.

I noticed that she was the only one to comment on the female contestant's make-up.. she told one brunette, for instance, that she needs to be wearing darker colored make up. The two male judges didn't seem to notice make-up.

One of the contestants flirted with her while he was in front of the judges being scored, but she didn't like that. He seemed nervous.

As for the females, she seems to prefer women who are very, very skinny, but NOT the ones who are so thin that they look anorexic.

Edited to Add:
    Almost forgot. She used to be married to Rod Stewart, who, IMHO, is NOT a good looking guy, and, in his old age, he appears to be "paunchy." So I find it a wee bit hypocritical or something that Rachael Hunter -- who chose to marry this so-so looking aging rock star -- is permitted to judge male model wanna-be's on this show.

+ Reply to Thread