+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

I really don't remember who I liked from the auditions except Simone and Alex and Sierra. Love Alex and Sierra, hopefully they will make the 4 chair contest.

Lillie for me and Rachel Potter. I would love to see them both make it through
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Forming these new groups is unfair to the others.

Jeff Gutt looks like he'll be the pimped guy this season. Expect him to make the top six, at least.
    How is it not fair to the others? The odds are not in favor of a new group succeeding. Simon had mad success with One Direction but that does not mean it will happen again. It seems he has found his niche in mentoring groups though; he looked very happy.

Kelly wanted the over 25, we heard her say that twice.

I have no clue who Paulina is; I don't like her much. She may grow on me. Off to google her.

As far as it not being fair to other soloists, well they just were not as good as the 3 he chose.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 09-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.

FORT Newbie

I didn't think Simon was too happy to get the groups this year. Unlike last year, no one in the groups really stood out this year. I'm very interest in the new twist this year. Will this be the way the pick top 4 with each category?!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by farside View Post
    I didn't think Simon was too happy to get the groups this year. Unlike last year, no one in the groups really stood out this year. I'm very interest in the new twist this year. Will this be the way the pick top 4 with each category?!
    What is the new twist; I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What is the new twist; I missed it?
    They call it the 4 chair challenge, but haven't really explained how it will work. They showed a preview with 4 empty chairs on the stage. Cue ominous music!

Will they be cutting their teams from 10 down to 4 in one night?
    I forget how the boot camp round worked last year and how many on each team actually make it to the live voting rounds.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    They call it the 4 chair challenge, but haven't really explained how it will work. They showed a preview with 4 empty chairs on the stage. Cue ominous music!

Will they be cutting their teams from 10 down to 4 in one night?
    I forget how the boot camp round worked last year and how many on each team actually make it to the live voting rounds.
    Ahhhhh, yes. Thanks. I did see that.

FORT Fogey

It looks like the 4 chair challenge will work exactly like it did with the auditions in judge's homes - only the other judges will be there. From the previews, it looked like each of the 40 remaining would sing in front of the judges and an audience, and the mentor for each group either has to put the person in a chair, or send them home. Once the chairs are full, in order to keep someone, the mentor has to choose which person to send home. Based on the clips (and the past in judge's homes) it looks like only the mentor will have a say, but the other judges can react to what they think are good and bad choices.

Anyone watching? I will be in an hour when it comes on here.

FORT Fogey

I watched. I liked the format. It was more entertaining than the judges home thing. But once again I thought they were too forgiving to some weaker singers. If the show wants credibility, they have to say no to mediocre.

+ Reply to Thread