+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

A decision has been made and Fox has conceded that XFactor is no more. Simon is going back to the UK to be on XFactor there. Wonder if his girlfriend and child will be living in the UK as well. I really enjoyed watching Simon promote the show on late night talk shows especially with Jay Leno. They both had a good time and Jay could always make Simon laugh. Simon was always at his best chatting with people, so I will miss seeing him.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    A decision has been made and Fox has conceded that XFactor is no more. Simon is going back to the UK to be on XFactor there. Wonder if his girlfriend and child will be living in the UK as well. I really enjoyed watching Simon promote the show on late night talk shows especially with Jay Leno. They both had a good time and Jay could always make Simon laugh. Simon was always at his best chatting with people, so I will miss seeing him.
    And lets hope that this egomaniac remains in the UK where he will perhaps give us more of the wonderful teletubbies.

Good for Fox.
    ibot2much and AcookerTV like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Simon created the teletubbies?

o.m.g. Just the thought made me laugh so hard, I almost fell off my chair!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Simon put AI on the map! AGT is a mega hit! X-Factor sucked! 2 out of three is a win. Sorry to see him go.

AI is a joke without him.
    norealityhere likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Simon created the teletubbies?

o.m.g. Just the thought made me laugh so hard, I almost fell off my chair!
    I don't know if you remember contestant Chris Sligh? Well, this is absolutely hilarious. Watch what he does to Simon.

Chris Sligh embarasses Simon Cowell & makes him look stupid! - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Simon put AI on the map! AGT is a mega hit! X-Factor sucked! 2 out of three is a win. Sorry to see him go.

AI is a joke without him.
    You & I throughout our history on this site have been on opposite sides of many an argument & this is yet another. Simon Cowell became a distracted bored individual on AI. His insipid stupid comments to the contestants made absolutely no sense whatsoever & gave those kids nothing from which to work to improve themselves. Simon made AI about Simon. He may have put AI on the map in the beginning but he was a huge cause of it's downfall in the end.

AI is now the best it has been in many seasons & it is only going to improve from here.

Good riddance to the ego & his knock off show. And where are all those mega stars X Factor was to bring forth to the world?
    Misty8723 likes this.

FORT Fogey

In looking at Simon's successes and failures, shows like Cupid that failed so bad they've been forgotten can't be left out. And didn't he also have an invention show so bad I can't remember the name? He's been lucky with two hits. And AI stuck with the normal Simin formula of "see someone else's success and latch on calling it your own". I'd agree that Simon put AI on the map. That said, the format for such a show advanced and improved and left Simin behind. People tuned in to AI to see what he'd say. But when it became about that instead of the singing, it started to fall apart. Others saw that, Simon never did. That sort of egotistical move that shows he's out of touch leads to his downfall.

I think Simon is talented and I think he also had a lot of luck with his projects, but some where along the line I think he lost perspective. I never understood how someone so intellignet and savy would have made the mistakes that The X Factor made. The money he paid to Spears was a huge waste of budget for that show. He never seemed to really get the right judges. And there were so many problems with the way the show was set up. It seemed to have problems from day one and instead of fixing them, they just added to them.

I'm glad it's over, but wish Simon the best and look forward to his new creations.

FORT Fogey

I think he never got the right judges because he focused on the wrong things. Instead of focusing on people who would give direct constructive criticism to help singers improve, he was concerned with stunts that would generate buzz, and fights between the judges. Paula can't offer constuctive feedback, which we all knew from Idol. But Simon went for her because it would generate press coverage. Same thing with Britney, though the press coverage was for different reasons. Demi was able to give good feedback at times, but she always seemed more concerned with fighting with Simon than focusing on the performers. Makes me wonder if she was not instructed that way by the producers. Kelly was fantastic, and LA Reid was perhaps the best the show ever had. Paulina, and Nicole were never more than seat fillers. The selection of judges proves that Simon seemed to forget that the key reason that people tune in to a singing competition show was to hear people sing. He gave so much attention to everything else that he got stuck with very mediocre singers who were not intriguing to watch.
    Debb70 likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Meh. I don't care much for the X Factor anyway. If anything, it's one less singing show in the US that the country cult can ruin.

+ Reply to Thread