+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

Simon used to be my favorite judge to hear anytime on any show. But I think he's started to believe his own hype so much that he's losing credibility with me. I'll admit part of it is thinking that his behavior getting his married girlfriend pregnant is disgusting, and it probably carries over in how I view the way he does his job. But his judge comments are just so predictable now. If a group performs, he thinks they were great and anyone who doesn't doens't know wat they are talking about. If it is a group he CREATED, look out world - no one has ever sung so perfectly. And if it is a person that Demi mentored, no question about it, the performance stunk. If the audience reaction is so postive he can't criticize the singing, then Demi made horrible choices with the staging, costume, dancing, or song choice. And if the performer picked every one of those things, then it's still Demi's fault.

FORT Fogey

All the singing shows bore me. Despite my age I like current music which they rarely sing because they have not been released. Give me Katie Perry, Beyonce and Miley's new stuff over a tired rehash of songs I never liked to beging with. I am an old hippie so I do have some favorites from the 60s and 70s but I doubt they would ever do Jethro Tull. They murder Beatles songs. Don't change Imagine for cryin out loud. I sound grouchy today and I am really in a good mood.

I like the blind autitions on The Voice and do not tune in again until they start eliminating. That is tonight!

Lopez is a bad judge but Harry should be good; he is not afraid to criticize. I do like Jimmy Iovine. They all go on my DVR so I can FF.

I love Demi, Simon and LA Reid. I am ending on a positive note.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    All the singing shows bore me. Despite my age I like current music which they rarely sing because they have not been released. Give me Katie Perry, Beyonce and Miley's new stuff over a tired rehash of songs I never liked to beging with. I am an old hippie so I do have some favorites from the 60s and 70s but I doubt they would ever do Jethro Tull. They murder Beatles songs. Don't change Imagine for cryin out loud. I sound grouchy today and I am really in a good mood.

I like the blind autitions on The Voice and do not tune in again until they start eliminating. That is tonight!

Lopez is a bad judge but Harry should be good; he is not afraid to criticize. I do like Jimmy Iovine. They all go on my DVR so I can FF.

I love Demi, Simon and LA Reid. I am ending on a positive note.
    They do me .I love my FF .LOL I also love me some Simon , if I didn't I wouldn't tune in. I am hoping AI doesn't just have teeny boppers on again, one thing I like about X, all ages can and do sing
    I read a nice article on Randy and Simon - those two also remain friends
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

LA Reid was a great judge and I am curious as to why he left... announcing it even before the winner was presented struck me as odd.

He was the best judge Simon had selected in any season.
    NEPASue likes this.

I really like Kelly
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I got the feeling with LA's departure that he was fed up with the politics of the show. The judge rivalries seem so forced and fake to me on X Factor that I assume producers encourage them to go after each other. When LA joined the show, he said that he saw a lot of great talent coming up through these shows and wanted access to the acts. I got the impression that after two years, he got tired of having to pretend and saw that he wasn't getting to sign many good acts -- Simon had them all tied up. The costs didn't outweigh the benefits for being on the show, and it wasn't worth risking his intregity anymore. Kelly I adore. She's one of my favorite judges for any show of all time. I look forward to what she brings to the panel.

La said he was too busy, he was just pissed he didn't get the group he wanted
    Shoepie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    La said he was too busy, he was just pissed he didn't get the group he wanted
    He was and if memory serves he won! There just wasn't room for his and Simon's egos. THAT, I think, is the crux of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    He was and if memory serves he won! There just wasn't room for his and Simon's egos. THAT, I think, is the crux of it.
    I found him boring, kind of like Tyler was on AI.
    -Andy Rooney-

Here are the Favorites rankings:

Alex & Sierra 18.35%
    Lillie McCloud 16.76%
    Ellona Santiago 14.80%
    Restless Road 12.82%

Rion Paige 7.45%
    Jeff Gutt 5.76%
    Rachel Potter 6.36%
    Sweet Suspense 5.12%