+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 553
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

  1. #201
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    Totally agree on Paulina. Music competition shows have brought a lot of bad judges through the years but I'm not sure I've ever seen someone who brings so little to a show as Paulina. The thing that baffles me is that she's been a judge for shows in other countries, so Simon knew exactly what he was getting with her. How can he consider Paula Abdul worth dumping ... twice, but think Paulina should have a job judging?

  2. #202
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,192

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I liked Motown during it's time but I am not keen on 2 hours of it now. Retrospectives have been done for years. Enough already.



    Bet2win, where is this coming from? Just curious.

    I rarely take a strong dislike to people on TV but Paulina is doing that to me now. I really, reallly do not like this woman.
    Kid, she is just a kid. Paulina is liked by Latino viewers, and she is cheaper than Paula. I tune in to see the singers, she has Tim
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #203
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Totally agree on Paulina. Music competition shows have brought a lot of bad judges through the years but I'm not sure I've ever seen someone who brings so little to a show as Paulina. The thing that baffles me is that she's been a judge for shows in other countries, so Simon knew exactly what he was getting with her. How can he consider Paula Abdul worth dumping ... twice, but think Paulina should have a job judging?
    Yep, that is a real head scratcher. I don't think he knew that she did poorly judging in other countries and maybe she didn't. I never heard why he did not ask Paula back. He was very attached to her in his AI years.

    One more thing about Paulina. Her hair color is atrocious and the style is from the 80s.

  4. #204
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I liked Motown during it's time but I am not keen on 2 hours of it now. Retrospectives have been done for years. Enough already.



    Bet2win, where is this coming from? Just curious.

    I rarely take a strong dislike to people on TV but Paulina is doing that to me now. I really, reallly do not like this woman.
    Shoepie, I'm not sure what you're asking. The quote about Lillie and east coasters ... is that from one of my posts, because if it is, I don't remember posting it, nor do I have any idea what it's about.

  5. #205
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,192

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Shoepie, I'm not sure what you're asking. The quote about Lillie and east coasters ... is that from one of my posts, because if it is, I don't remember posting it, nor do I have any idea what it's about.
    That's was from the voting( last week) Lillie was behind in east coast voting, the west hadn't even seen her. Sorry sounds confusing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #206
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's was from the voting( last week) Lillie was behind in east coast voting, the west hadn't even seen her. Sorry sounds confusing

    Thanks, Fanny!

  7. #207
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Shoepie, I'm not sure what you're asking. The quote about Lillie and east coasters ... is that from one of my posts, because if it is, I don't remember posting it, nor do I have any idea what it's about.
    It was jammyjoe who posted that! Does this mean I have to write myself a posted note because my memory is down down to 3 seconds and I cannot even remember when I scroll down?! Oh dear.

    I have a hunch Lillie is not pulling a lot of votes from the other time zones either. To me, she is dated for this show, and is more suited for Broadway or a small venue in Vegas.

    I am not drawn to anyone yet. I see many who do not impress me though.
    Bet2Win likes this.

  8. #208
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,192

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Thanks, Fanny!
    You are welcome, just watched Tim again, def a
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #209
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    On the judges, I think that Paula wasn't asked back after season one because selecting her was a ratings stunt, and when the ratings for the show were not huge, Simon blamed her. He figured if he brought in bigger names they show would get bigger ratings. Last season proved he was wrong. He'll keep on switching out the judges until Fox decides the ratings are too low and ends the show. All the while, he'll never consider that maybe he ratings are low because the singers they get are not that great, and the product he puts out is not as good as other shows in the genre. I watched devotedly the first season because I thought several of the singers were great. I watched a lot the second season because I was curious to see what Simon would to and I really liked LA Reid. This season, I find myself recording it when it airs, and if I have nothing else to do during the week, I watch. It's no longer a priority to watch show for me, and if I ended up with conflicts for recording on Wednesday or Thursday nights, it's the first show I'd drop from my DVR. I lose interest in a singing competition show if I don't think the singers are good or the judges are honest. I initially liked the concept of each judge mentoring some of the contestants. But Simon has made it into such a sideshow that I think each judge is encouraged to be dishonest in the critiques depending on which team he/she is mentoring, and which judge he/she is supposed to have a rivalry with. When I hear a singer that is a total dud get praised by a judge because he's on the right team, or hear someone who was great get criticized for wearing the wrong dress, I get bored.
    Shoepie likes this.

  10. #210
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,192

    Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

    I disagree Paula said she didn't want to do it again in an interview. ( they remain good friends btw) the judges last time were

    I like Demi and I like Kelly and I tune in to hear Simon. Its way better than AI, and watching the Voice bored me -it seems so so rehearsed. Nobody stands out for me.
    So I will keep watching to see how this goes, its the only one I watch Go TIM .Go Jeff!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.