+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

Caught a couple of performances tonight, not impressed.

To steal a line from Simon "That was so cheesy and corny."

Is the British version the same way? If so, Simon has lost his touch.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, and whoever ruled out a group winning, maybe shouldn't
    Who stood out?

I see that RoXxy Montana was cut.

Yet Simon called them, in their audition, the "best group to ever be on this show", right? And Simon has the groups again.

So he keeps his manufactured boy and girl group and gets rid of a real group.

Unless RoXxy were bad. Were they?

FORT Fogey

Roxy Montana was good but he made the right choice given popular opinion on the twitter poll they showed on the screen (or whatever that was). I am surprised he hesitated as much as he did. They were barely registering interest in Roxy.

I agree with Simon 100%. Lily has a fabulous voice but dated, very much so. Last week her gold dress screamed Dianna Ross circa 1960s. Tonight was no different in that regard.

I don't care for Paulina at all. I am surprised to see her as a judge. Sure, she has had a lot of success in central and south America but her presence says Simon could not find anyone else!

The groups stood out to me more than anyone else, for now. Maybe because solo artists are all we see on other shows.

I like the couple but they need a stylist to give them a current, cutting edge look.

FORT Fogey

I did give it a chnce when it started, but decided to skip the auditions. I put it on last night late and caught Simon's reaction to the older black female singer. I heard "dated" "theatrical" and "Broadway".....all major sins in Simon's book since he in only looking for a current bubble-gum kid or group.

The stage continues to look too busy with too many lights and dancers.....like a video. Again Simon is
    showing his fixation.
    I was wondering after the winner that they had no interest in from last year, are there any country singers this sesaon....or can Simon not take tht risk again?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Who stood out?

I see that RoXxy Montana was cut.

Yet Simon called them, in their audition, the "best group to ever be on this show", right? And Simon has the groups again.

So he keeps his manufactured boy and girl group and gets rid of a real group.

Unless RoXxy were bad. Were they?
    . I liked RoXXy, but he had choices. I don't care what Simon says about Lillie, I still love her( so does Kelly) I am just glad Paulina kept Tim, he has a really nice voice but his nerves are super bad, looking at other polls he was ahead of Carlos
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I did give it a chnce when it started, but decided to skip the auditions. I put it on last night late and caught Simon's reaction to the older black female singer. I heard "dated" "theatrical" and "Broadway".....all major sins in Simon's book since he in only looking for a current bubble-gum kid or group.The stage continues to look too busy with too many lights and dancers.....like a video. Again Simon is
    showing his fixation.
    I was wondering after the winner that they had no interest in from last year, are there any country singers this sesaon....or can Simon not take tht risk again?
    Yes, he is. He is looking to book someone. He is a business man and looking for current talent that will sell records. He does well and knows this business. One Direction speaks loudly about his instincts. I like Lily and bet she gets some gigs after this show, maybe on Broadway. Frenchy was scooped up after she was booted from AI.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes, he is. He is looking to book someone. He is a business man and looking for current talent that will sell records. He does well and knows this business. One Direction speaks loudly about his instincts. I like Lily and bet she gets some gigs after this show, maybe on Broadway. Frenchy was scooped up after she was booted from AI.
    I'm going with One Direction was a lucky break...can he do it again...and in American?? Not so much so far.

I'm going with One Direction was a lucky break...can he do it again...and in American?? Not so much so far.
    Simon is laughing all the way to the bank good for him

I agree Shoepie, one direction is a big hit.

Simon also put together Il Divo
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I don't believe in luck or coinsidence. He has a skill. Whether he can do it again this season, who knows. If he doesn't, it does not mean he failed. No one hits the mark at every try. He will sign the winner whether it is his group or not, if he thinks they will succeed. No one else has a label, on the panel, that I know of.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

This is from a website that thinks Restless Road could win this year:

This "country man band" was designed to win. The trio of young country singers has everything that typically wins these kinds of competitions. Also, since mentor Simon Cowell created the group, he's going to use everything in his power to make them win, proving that he's the genius he believes himself to be.
    It's true. It's true. Absolutely true. I could manipulate the public too. It's too easy.

+ Reply to Thread