+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    There are just too many singing competitions on now. I can't keep them all straight! And it does get repetitive seeing them on all the time. Will the other two be done by the time AI starts up?
    I think so, yes. Although isn't the voice on twice a year. I agree, like daytime talk shows, there are way too many singing shows
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, The Voice is on twice a year although they rotate their judges now. Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green along with Adam Levine and Blake Shelton are on now for S5 -- while Usher and Shakira will take season 6 in the spring of 2014 along with Blake and Adam. They will start S6 right after the Winter Olympics. I gave up watching AI when Nicki Minaj joined them along with the fact that their format that they continued to stick with just tired me after watching for so many years. I grew tired of the themed weeks. This year the fact that they are bringing Jlo back will keep me from watching it again. I liked Jlo and Steven Tyler their first season, but then for me it became all about promoting Jlo. I have tried X Factor, but just as The Voice doesn't do it for some people the X Factor doesn't do it for me.

I agree that now there are lots of singing competitions, but I just prefer The Voice. I like the fact that they don't consider themselves judges, but coaches who along with mentors coach their teams, and once the live shows begin actually preform with their teams, and have the teams perform with each other. They also each have their own individual performance to be voted upon. For me I find that really entertaining. It's almost like watching a variety show. Just non stop music.

The Voice won an Emmy this year for the best Reality Competition Series edging out Amazing Race which normally gets that honor and something that (surprisingly for me) that AI has never been able to do in their long run.

I think there is something to please everyone's taste. I was even happy to learn that The Sing-Off which is set to air as a holiday strip over several nights later this year will be returning. I started watching the Sing Off when it aired as a week-long strip in December 2009 and 2010, as part of the network’s holiday programming. But when it was changed to a two hour weekly series in 2011 it ended up getting cancelled. Now it’s reverting back to that original format and additionally, Mark Burnett, the producer who made The Voice such a smash hit will be overseeing the Sing Off. The program showcases the country’s top a cappella groups. The entire cast of Ben Folds, Shawn Stockman, and original host Nick Lachey will return. The only replacement will be Jewel who replaces Sara Bareilles as another judge. For those who may not be familiar with Jewel besides being a singer she hosted Nashville Star, Platinum Hit and even was a guest judge on S5 of AI. She released a greatest hits album this year featuring duets with Kelly Clarkson and the Pistol Annies and most recently starred as June Carter Cash in the Lifetime movie Ring Of Fire based on Cash’s life. I know it's not for everyone and surprised myself when I enjoyed it as much as I did, watching these incredible groups make music without any instruments, but their own voices.

FORT Fogey

I kind of like this show. I like Simon and Demi so that is my focus. I don't care about the contestants as much as the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I kind of like this show. I like Simon and Demi so that is my focus. I don't care about the contestants as much as the process.
    Same here. I will be watching tonight, as its finally on!!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Are the judges eliminating one from each team again like in seasons past?

yes, they are

Jeff Gutt is killing it
    -Andy Rooney-

Kelly is a great mentor.
    -Andy Rooney-

Rachel, Jeff and Lillie in for the over 25's