+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

Re: The X Factor 3 Show Comments

Ashly Williams shouldn't have left. She had a better voice than Ellona and Rion. Demi should have gotten rid of Jamie Pineda instead of Ashly. I like Danielle and Kaya.

FORT Fogey

Primrose was so off it was shocking! It was like a bad AI audition.

When Demi was contemplating who to dismiss for Ellona I have to believe she was contemplating choosing Rion but could not bring herself to do that. The judges want to win, bottom line. How commercial these singers are play as big a part as their voice. Rion is only 13 and her handicap may not be in her favor.

Simon's comment about Rylie's clothes was right on. The dress was terrible and the shoes, worse. Who wears wedges on stage? She would have looked better in jeans and a t-shirt. If you have bad legs wear pants until they love you! Looking your age is key and certainly chosing a cutting edge look is the way to go.

I like seeing their style evolve once this gets rolling. They all need a stylist's helping hand.

I love Dani! She and Lily are the standouts to me, so far. James, too.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-04-2013 at 08:45 AM.

FORT Fogey

I totally agree with you on Primrose. I was glad that Demi said what she did in explaining why she wasn't keeping her, because she was spot on. She went out there so focused on showing off that she could dance that it hurt her singing. You could tell at one point in the performance that she was out of breath from dancing, screwing up her singing. When she realized she was not going to make it, she resorted to singing random songs in hopes of changing their mnds. She should have focused on the singing for her minute and a half -- not showing off her dancing which is for another Fox show. I respected that her dad, knowing he was on camera, still shook his head and acknowledged that what she was doing was a mistake. I think that show he'll help her to see what mistakes she made so that she can change them and move forward stronger because of the mistake.

I don't think Demi was going to get rid of Rion, that girl can sing. I think she chose the best 4. Primrose was pretty good in the audition wasnt she, what happened? Ellona was way better in her audition. I just happy she didn't get rid of Khaya.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think Demi would have been nuts to have gotten rid of Rion. I enjoy her as a singer, but to me, she personifies the whole concept of an x-factor. She has a way of changing the mood of a room when she's on stage. She reminds me a lot of Rachel Cook from the first season.

Yes ,she lights up when she is on stage, she also sounds older when she sings.
    -Andy Rooney-

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I personally do not like this 4-chair format. First, I think it was a huge mistake to narrow down the groups to a top 10 based on their initial audition. Surely there were at least 2 other girls who deserved to be in the top 10 more than Primrose and Bree. I also cannot stand the looks of anguish on the faces of the contestants who are in the 4 chairs as others are performing. Instead of being happy for the person performing well, all they can do is hope that the judges don't think the performer should take their seat. Fortunately I have a DVR and can FF through that pain.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I personally do not like this 4-chair format. First, I think it was a huge mistake to narrow down the groups to a top 10 based on their initial audition. Surely there were at least 2 other girls who deserved to be in the top 10 more than Primrose and Bree. I also cannot stand the looks of anguish on the faces of the contestants who are in the 4 chairs as others are performing. Instead of being happy for the person performing well, all they can do is hope that the judges don't think the performer should take their seat. Fortunately I have a DVR and can FF through that pain.
    I agree with you on every point. I also don't care for the fact that it is done in front of the audience (it is distracting, and their thumbs down/up) and I think it should be strictly the coaches job on their own to put through contestants. Example, Demi not knowing what to do and sounds like she was halfway listening to the audience. I also did not like watching the contestants already in their chairs looking like they did, just prolonging the agony. Not a fan of this new format, but this is just me.

I felt sorry for them, but I like the new format from me
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

One thing I liked about this format was that it tests initial impression of a performance and how memorable it is. A singer had to be good enough to get to sit down. Then they also had to be good enough for the mentor to not want to lose that person after hearing another good singer. I think in some ways, that tests how likely an audience will be to call and vote an hour after someone has sung.

+ Reply to Thread