Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Re: 12/19 and 12/20 Performance and Results Shows.......Spoilers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 12/19 and 12/20 Performance and Results Shows.......Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Where is everyone tonight?
    I guess it's just you and me!

I thought Carly Rose was incredible tonight. Particularly on Hallelujah! Unfortunately for Carly Rose, Simon pimped 5th Harmony so much that I fear for Carly's survival. I'm sad that LA has stopped pointing out that a 5 member harmony group is still relying on backup singers.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I pretty much lost interest in X Factor this season. I watched The Voice and relied on FORT to keep me up to date on X Factor. I don't really like any of the finalists enough to vote so now it's time to wait for SYTYCD to come on!

FORT Fogey

OMG..what did they do to Carly? Her first song was one she had done for audition and it was in that song we saw her as the in-the-zone singer with amazing emotion. Since that time she has become mini-Brit and her performance and costume were those of a Pop Princess. If they didn't have the old footage, it would not have been as obvious the DAMAGE they did to this girl.

The second song with LeAnne!!! I thought I was watching an old Judy Garland performance. Life has not been kind to LAR and it showed. Carly should not have been saddled with her for her big night. Terrible choice.

The third song has been done better by many other people and probably would have been done better by Carly several weeks ago. It was her best outfit, but again she was more Pop Princess rather than the former girl who would have song the song emotionally and powerfully.

I know Simon hates Broadway so they did their best to get that out of Carly....but that was her strength and now she is something other than what she started as....and the result is not as good.
    monie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I guess it's just you and me!

I thought Carly Rose was incredible tonight. Particularly on Hallelujah! Unfortunately for Carly Rose, Simon pimped 5th Harmony so much that I fear for Carly's survival. I'm sad that LA has stopped pointing out that a 5 member harmony group is still relying on backup singers.
    She really did a lovely job with Hallelujah!! gave me goosebumps. I think its between her Tate still, with Tate winning( sorry ) I didnt vote, I wouldnt know who to vote for. Fifth Harmony sounded so good last night as well( sigh)

I dont think FH got the pimp spot, he even said he didnt see them winning. Nobody got the lavish praise non stop that Cassadee Pope did on the The Voice, even if I think they deserved it more than she did
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

First, I hate the recycling of songs. Gimme something new!!!

Carly's duet with LeeAnn Rimes was awwwwkkkward. Does Carly even know who Rimes is? And the song was such a bad choice for her.

Tate's bbq, coolers, & lounge chairs duet with whoever that band was was strange, too. Why not Garth Brooks??? That's right up his alley.

I thought 5th Dimension outsang Demi.

The tribute song with all of the contestants was very nice.

Based only on last night, Tate outperformed the others and had his best night .... mostly due to excellent song choices. But...

I think Carly Rose wins it.

X-Factor is losing me, though. Wayyyy too much "production" and not enough singing substance. I mean, how the heck do you have a singing contest with 4, 8, 10 backup singers supporting the songs???
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Regular

Oh, please...... this intro is so shallow.

I'm going to have to record this so I can fast-forward through all the Hollywood BS.
    CupidGuest and Jezebella like this.

Same here. I'm watching a movie and will FF through most of the fluff to get to the results later.

35 million votes last night...wow

I'm glad to update you all but someone has to take over at the 9 PM hour Eastern because I'm watching Person of Interest. LOL

Fifth Harmony is singing a Christmas song...badly.

Fifth Harmony's families are wishing them congratulations. Each of the clips is of a girl's family wishing her and Fifth Harmony good luck! Awwww

Now, Carly Rose is singing "All I want for Christmas is You". There are Nutcracker Soldiers dancing ni the background...breakdancing. lol

Carly's family and friends are congratulating her in a video clip. Awwwwww
    Last edited by CupidGuest; 12-20-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Tate sounded good on his Xmas song. Fifth Harmony was rather screetchy sounding on their Xmas song, and Carly sounds bad on her Xmas song IMO.

I must have missed the clip of Tate's family wishing him luck/congratulations etc. So sorry I missed that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast