+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Re: 12/19 and 12/20 Performance and Results Shows.......Spoilers

Re: 12/19 and 12/20 Performance and Results Shows.......Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I was hoping Tate would win it only because Carly has already found some success and I don't see her fading into nothing now. Look at Lea Michele...Broadway as a child and now she's on a hit television show. Carly has a bright future ahead of her and I feel like this was Tate's last chance to really make a go of it. So I'm happy with the results.
    Well said! I agree. I am so glad he got this chance, and he isn't even old compared to me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Sad to see Country take over another vocal competition.
    I didn't watch the show this year - everything about it bugged me, from the judges, to the over production numbers, to the hosts. However, I did see some of the last 3 and I thought Tate was the best, so I was happy to see him win. However, the song he sang after he won - he sounded an awful lot like the original.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Hubby just saw the finale. He picked out Tate from the start of this , so he's very happy
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I was hoping Tate would win it only because Carly has already found some success and I don't see her fading into nothing now. Look at Lea Michele...Broadway as a child and now she's on a hit television show. Carly has a bright future ahead of her and I feel like this was Tate's last chance to really make a go of it. So I'm happy with the results.
    The only country I dates back to Waylon and Willie or earlier. Everything after that is manufactured for sales. There is nothing authentic about it (same with pop thanks to people like Simon Cowell). But, I'm ok that Tate won even though I preferred Carly by a mile. I think/hope She will be fine. Tate needed the victory.

I also like the fact that someone his age could win. The world needs to embrace all ages as being valuable entities on this planet.
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234