+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 12/12 and 12/13 Performance and Results Shows.......Spoilers

Re: 12/12 and 12/13 Performance and Results Shows.......Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Carly would probably do well on Broadway but that is a whole different life!

You may be right about a girl group. The spice girls did well. If they continued with the whimsical style of their first number on Monday, maybe they can work that into and brand.

I like LA, sorry to hear he is leaving. Simon needs a man in the business end of things to replace him. Jimmy Iovine would be perfect but he is probably locked in with AI.
    LA said it takes up too much time. I would like Jimmy, I don't want another 'whats up dawg' Randy type.. Its very hard to get judges that are likable
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LA said it takes up too much time. I would like Jimmy, I don't want another 'whats up dawg' Randy type.. Its very hard to get judges that are likable
    Randy bores me to tears. Hopefully he will be able to find someone with an edge who is skilled.
    NEPASue likes this.

It seems that girl groups just don't have staying power. They break up on their own soon after their success. Often because one wants to be a solo artists. Recall the groups TLC, Destiny's Child, The Go Gos, etc. It's usually internal bickering that splits them up right after their first level of success.

True . But while they are young they can take it all in. One Direction were asked about going solo, they all said no, not a chance. Well that's not true, the money the fame, that would take over being the boy band of the moment.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

Love Simom, AI is a muddle without him
    I can't disagree with you...but XF is a muddle with him LOL
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I can't disagree with you...but XF is a muddle with him LOL
    Love me some Simon, even the nicer one.
    Shoepie, Uncle David and NEPASue like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Carly would probably do well on Broadway but that is a whole different life!

You may be right about a girl group. The spice girls did well. If they continued with the whimsical style of their first number on Monday, maybe they can work that into and brand.

I like LA, sorry to hear he is leaving. Simon needs a man in the business end of things to replace him. Jimmy Iovine would be perfect but he is probably locked in with AI.
    Carly has already been in two Broadway shows!

I don't think Carly needs to do an upbeat song--that wont be the WOW performance that gets her enough votes to negate Tate's built-in country following. To win Carly has to have a moment where folks who don't normally vote go "good grief, that talent deserves a vote"...these are folks like me who don't vote but when they see/hear a jaw dropping performance they are COMPELLED to pick up the phone and dial in a few times (I did it with Somewhere Over the Rainbow this season). Doing a song like "Hit Me Baby One More Time" won't inspire those folks to rush to their computers or phones and it certainly isn't who Carly is...if she strays from who she is as an artist she could lose this thing to a general voting bloc and that would be a travesty.

Carly has the raw talent and determination to win this thing and I am absolutely ok with her belting a song and not wasting my time with some type of teenie-bop rendition of a meaningless song just to be "different." Folks listen to Whitney, Celine and other powerhouse vocalists and never expect/(ed) a pop/rap fusion or something new--we just know we will hear an amazing voice on a solid track.

With that in mind I'd love to hear Carly do some of these songs:
    At Last
    All By Myself
    Beautiful
    Creep

I would love if they changed these songs up just a bit to make them different (obviously creep would need some adjustments but it could be amazing!)
    luvlady345 and Uncle David like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I am a huge fan of Creep! Particularly this acoustic version of Creep which I think Carly would rock vocally. However, I'm afraid the lyrics just won't work on Carly Rose. Still, mindy, I'm in agreement with your mindset as to Carly's need to do an uptempo song.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I am a huge fan of Creep! Particularly this acoustic version of Creep which I think Carly would rock vocally. However, I'm afraid the lyrics just won't work on Carly Rose. Still, mindy, I'm in agreement with your mindset as to Carly's need to do an uptempo song.
    I like that song , but for Carly? hmm nope not imho
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast