+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 12/12 and 12/13 Performance and Results Shows.......Spoilers

Re: 12/12 and 12/13 Performance and Results Shows.......Spoilers

I loved both of Carly's songs and I think her fans will vote for her like crazy. I do think she will survive tonight. I think Tate will too.

I thought they all did a great job, though Fifth Harmony's second song was my least favorite of the eveing. Loved their first one. They really stepped it up, but I wonder if it was too late to get votes. Would any of the other fans give their votes up for them?

I really liked Tate and Emblem 3 too! I know Carly Rose is my favorite, but I can't decide who I liked second best. They were all so good!

Isn't there just one act going home tonight?
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-13-2012 at 10:42 AM.

FORT Fogey

MArio said just one. I thought that maybe they cut back to one since there was a good chance that Simon would lose both his acts tonight and he would not be happy with nobody in the finals LOL.

They said 3 acts all along. I don't think Simon is worried

This is the first time I am worried for Carly
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I was trying to remember what they did last year....were there three in the final show?
    I don't remember Mario saying any number about this year until last night.
    I thought two leaving at a time during the last few shows was different, but maybe I am misremembering. Did they move out that fast last year?

Of course Simon isn't worried NOW, one has to be his. If there were just two, he would have been odd man out along with Demi.

I think Simon thinks E3 might win, and even if they don't - They have a heck of a following already
    NEPASue likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I just can't see those people who have loved Carly all along failing to vote for her based on last night's performances. Besides, it's supposed to be about the act that has The X Factor. Who really has it? Carly does IMO. Tate is a great singer, but I don't think he has the X Factor. Neither does Fifth Harmony. Good performers, but not that special thing that just knocks you out. Emblem three.......I'm not sure. Maybe.
    Shoepie and NEPASue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just can't see those people who have loved Carly all along failing to vote for her based on last night's performances. Besides, it's supposed to be about the act that has The X Factor. Who really has it? Carly does IMO. Tate is a great singer, but I don't think he has the X Factor. Neither does Fifth Harmony. Good performers, but not that special thing that just knocks you out. Emblem three.......I'm not sure. Maybe.
    I am sure she is safe. I just didn't like Imagine. I think she has a superb voice, I would put her along side Cassadee on the voice any day
    Shoepie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I can see Carly and Tate in F2. Emblem 3 has never been above them on the leader board. I think they may go right after 5th Harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    Emblem3 had two very strong performances tonight, and Tate did as well. Carly has such an amazing voice, but I am tired of her singing the same type of song everytime. I'd like to see her do an upbeat song and liven it up a bit. I love Fifth Harmony as well. It's so hard to decide. I'm sure Tate will get a record deal no matter where he places.
    I would love to see Carly do something upbeat, she is young, we need to see that side of her imho. Go Carly!!!!!!
    CupidGuest and Shoepie like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

This is my first comment in the X factor thread as I have been watching The Voice which is still my favorite show. I am not putting anyone down who prefers this show. I watch both, just wasn't able to watch both at the same time this season for many reasons. I apologize for the length of it as well. Just wanted to share some of my thoughts and they are JMO.

I had a lot of catching up to do with X Factor, but had it all on my DVR. First of all, it started out horrible with the sound being so off and all the screaming going on that I heard nothing. I am happy that they addressed that problem and was one of the reasons I did not enjoy it last season or the beginning of this season.

At first I like Demi L, but she seems to have taken over for Christina A on The Voice and actually much worse. All the bickering that goes on between all the judges is another reason why I prefer The Voice, but I only mention that because when I heard Britney Spears with Wil-I-Am do Scream and Shout, I couldn't help, but wonder if this is what music has become to these days? IMO that is not music and my apologizes to anyone who liked it. What happened to music being about the voices? I also, have to add that Demi completely destroyed her contestants chances with what she ended up doing to them.

I am only going the address the contestants who are left although I did like Vino, but because he is gone there is not much point. I will say that one thing that did IMO result in Vino's early dismissal is the same problem with all the judges. Let the contestants pick their own music and the type of artists they want to be. L.A. Reid should never have given Vino that song. Other decisions of these judges have had impact on the rest of the contestants as well.

Carly Rose

Last night's performance of Carly who has an amazing voice (definitely an old soul and just wonder what type of music they will give her when she records)? I say that because Melanie last year's winner who also had an incredible voice finally came out with her album and I did not like that song at all). Not anything like I would have expected her songs to be like.

What was Britney thinking last night? I absolutely love the song Imagine and thought it would be another wonderful performance. Her idea of it being at the piano, and they made such a big deal of in the outtakes they show, seemed like a great idea. I didn't understand why, but she totally was shouting when singing the chorus and had an angry look to her face. It was totally ruined and I have to say Simon said it all at the end with his comment. "I would have kept you at the piano," Simon said. "It was like five things went on during that song. It made a beautiful song fussy. I'm not sure that song needs those big notes. I didn't like the arrangement, and I thought it was over-complicated." Though I felt bad for Carly, I agreed with all of Simon's points. I still think that there is no way she will not be in the finals. Why was the last song the one who should get any of these contestants into the finals? What about all the other weeks that allowed them to get this far. I think the voting public understands that, and will forget about that one bad performance Carly had, and I just say shame on Britney, her mentor and certainly not anything with Carly. I did like Carly's first song which was her choice.

One final note. Did you notice that the piano she was playing continued playing after she got up and left it? She was already across the stage when it stopped. Seemed like it was one of those old time player pianos.

Tate Stevens

Let me just say that first of all I love all music (except for rap) and that includes country music. I liked Tate from the start. When he sang "Bonfire" I will say one thing I felt like I was at a concert. I think Tate always feels at home on stage and knows how to entertain. I noticed Brit who pretty much always just says things like it was amazing said she thought at this point of the competition she didn't think it was his best. I again agreed with Simon saying this was you saying "this is who I am." All the other judges loved it as well.

For his second performance which was supposed to be the performance that got you into the finals for all these contestants (again not understanding that logic). LA picked "Fall". Judges all loved it even Brit although when she said she changed her mind and even though you have been hit or miss I wondered why would she say something like that? He has been first for many weeks and never lower than 2nd. I totally think Tate will make it into the finals and even if he does not win I am betting we hear him on the radio in the country world long before any of the other contestants.

Emblem3

For me I think it is very clear that Simon gave all his energy into this group. This to me is an example of where it does not matter if you have a good voice at all. The blond singer has no voice at all. I know he plays the guitar, but does not have vocals at all. I am sure with auto tune and all the technology they use today it will work. LA already mentioned before that he would sign them. I think of Bieber and his success and he doesn't have the best voice by any means, but the girls love him and I am sure the girls will love these guys. Their first song of "Baby I Love Your Way" worked because they made it light, fun, fresh and worked the audience. I always thought they were from sunny California until I heard them say they actually came from the state of Washington.

The second song of "Hey Jude" picked by Simon then had his boys do the Beatles' "Hey Jude," - it was not bad. They had the non singer blond boy rap and the one who was taking the role of Paul McCartney stayed in tune. The end with all the background singers helped drown out any imperfections so it was fun. I just have to add that I thought they were too over praised. As a lover of the Beatles who have all their music there is no way these guys can ever be the Beatles. They are fun, likeable and may do okay, but will they even replace "One Direction". Not sure. IMO

Fifth Harmony

I think this group of girls have been the underdogs and I don't see Simon putting the same effort with them as his boy band. I really liked their first performance which was their pick. They sang "Anything Could Happen." They seemed fresh, their harmonies were great. They received wonderful comments from the judges. Simon even said it will take a miracle to get you into the finals, but after that anything can happen.

Where Simon clearly showed favoritism was when he chose their last number again the one that was suppose to get you in the finals. He had complained when Britney had Diamond re-sing a song earlier and yet it was okay for him to do with his own group. I think it backfired on him and I really got the feeling that he clearly is willing to give them up. All his intentions are on his boy band and winning.

I feel bad for the girls as I think some of them have beautiful voices. They have had to work the hardest as they were thrown together to form a group. I think they have much better voices than Emblem3. Yet, better voices or not I think Emblem3 will go into the finals over them.

I guess because for me music always was more about the voices of a singer and yet I see music of today being so different. Again, I mention Britney's new song Scream and Shout, we saw Kesha perform and I see that must be the direction CeeCee was going for or Demi was going for - for her. Carly has the voice and if it is about the voice she should win. I would like to see her do some younger, fun songs. I guess I will pull a Simon and say "Anything Can Happen." Carly and Tate IMO will definitely be in the finals. Who will advance between the boy band and Fifth Harmony? Probably Emblem3 and I find that rather sad. Kind of wished Simon had put more energy into the ones with the voices.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast