+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 12/5 and 12/6 Performance and Results shows........Spoilers.

Re: 12/5 and 12/6 Performance and Results shows........Spoilers.

I'm a huge country fan, though I also keep up with pop music. I listen to both every day. I watch CMT's top 20 Country Video Countdown every Saturday, so I know most all of the country chart toppers. In light of that, I can say that Tate's vocals are comparable to other current male artists, but there are things that Tate doesn't have going for him. He's a nice guy, but he's not a heartthrobe like Luke Bryan, Keith Urban and others. I'm not sure if that would hinder him, but I guess if he gets the votes, it's The X Factor's job to figure out what to do with him.

Let's hope they do a better job than they have done with Melanie, last season's winner. Where has she been? They made a comment that she had just gotten back to singing. Really? Why hasn't she been singing since she won? Odd. Plus, that song she performed was horrible, IMO. I could sleep through that one. It didn't even sound like her singing.

Carly Rose has a superior voice to others in the pop category right now. She has the total package and has time to grow. I think she could go places with the right direction and guidance. Though she could win 5 million, I hate to think that her talent could be wasted like they wasted Melanie's talent from last season.
    Shoepie likes this.

I dont like Keith Urban that much,. that's why I am surprised I enjoy Tate.

Melanie had some trouble with her vocal chords, maybe thats why she wasn't singing?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Carly Rose has a superior voice to others in the pop category right now. She has the total package and has time to grow. I think she could go places with the right direction and guidance. Though she could win 5 million, I hate to think that her talent could be wasted like they wasted Melanie's talent from last season.
    I was thinking much the same about CR. The girls has an amazing talent and I am hopeful that it will not be wasted by this show. I think she lives in NY so I was surprised that the family didn't trot her to NYC and get her associated with someone who could head her to Broadway.

The lack of noice from anybody last year has not helped XF's credibility. Astro?? the little girl who was susposed to have been signed by a TV group ?? and the two top placers ???/Not much from any of them.

Regarding Tate....he does have a look similar to Garth. Since Garth has gone back to his family life more than professional, there might be a void for Tate to fill

I hope Carly wins. The only thing, she always looks so serious for one so young.That's why I loved Diamonds smile ( and attitude
    -Andy Rooney-

Loved the results! As for Country Music, I grew up with it, when country wasn't cool. I do not like all country and think many need to get back to the country roots. I think Tate does that.

Carly Rose is amazing! Such a young person who can really feel the music and the song.

I would not be disappointed if either Carly or Tate won. They are both deserving of the title.
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Fogey

I would like Carly to win. I think she is able to go bigger and further than Tate. I can see her a pop senation.
    Debb70 likes this.

Is it just me or did the show just exclude CeCe's "journey" video clip? All the other contestants that were eliminated got one. Heck, even Diamond got one. What is up with that? It's one thing to not like a contestant, but I really find it loathesome when they unceremoniously eject a contestant without even the decency of providing a "journey" video clip to go along with that exit. CeCe may not have been universally liked, but she sure as hell didn't deserve that nasty send-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo View Post
    Is it just me or did the show just exclude CeCe's "journey" video clip? All the other contestants that were eliminated got one. Heck, even Diamond got one. What is up with that? It's one thing to not like a contestant, but I really find it loathesome when they unceremoniously eject a contestant without even the decency of providing a "journey" video clip to go along with that exit. CeCe may not have been universally liked, but she sure as hell didn't deserve that nasty send-off.
    I think they ran out of time. Same thing happened on DWTS, 2nd place didnt get the same send off as the person that came in third.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think they ran out of time. Same thing happened on DWTS, 2nd place didnt get the same send off as the person that came in third.
    IIRC, Paige Thomas (who was eliminated immediately on the previous week) got a decent send-off. The same courtesy was not given to CeCe (who was eliminated immediately this week). Something is very wrong with that picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678