+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 12/5 and 12/6 Performance and Results shows........Spoilers.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 12/5 and 12/6 Performance and Results shows........Spoilers.

Tate took back #1? Ugh. Ok. But I want Carly to win.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    He did??? wow. Well, he did sing well. .
    Carly for the win!!!!!!! I hope
    JohnnyK likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I thought Carly would get more votes as the non-Country people lost contestants to vote for. Hopefully Carly will pick up more votes as others are eliminated. I like Tate, but I LOVE Carly.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Thank you CeCe for teaching me to love myself.

Arrogant to the end.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Would it be ignorant if I asked if overall the USA's favorite style of music is country? Because country singers do so well on all these shows.

Would it be ignorant if I asked if overall the USA's favorite style of music is country? Because country singers do so well on all these shows.
    I don't like country music, but somehow I enjoy Tate. I don't know what it is about him.
    I think Diamond White is such a happy soul. When they were looking back at her journey, she said they lived in a shoebox, and her mum and her shared a bed. I so want to buy that child a bed of her own.

Cece could learn a lot from Diamond.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

IMO Country singers do so well because their fans vote as a block. Everyone else is split between numerous other genres. Many of those other genre's voters stop voting when their genre is no longer represented. It should also be noted that Country music is not just popular in the US. Country does well in Canada and England as well.

I do have a problem with Country music taking over all of the singing competitions. I feel there should be separate competitions for Country music. After all, Country music has deemed it appropriate to have their own Country Music Awards which exclude all other genres of music. (seems like there's a different one each week). Since they themselves have separated from mainstream music with awards shows I believe they should also have their own competition shows.
    Thor, mesachick and BlondeOne like this.

I wasnt surprise because they put him in the pimp spot. His first song was strange because he let the bacground singers do the high parts in the chorus then i agree with Demi about his 2nd song, it put me to sleep.

As for Cece, she should have gone a long time ago. I cant even believe she made it this far and the fact that she had more votes than Vino and Paige and Diamond last week. Vino should have stayed though over Diamond but Simon chose Diamond because she has more mainstream appeal.

What is the format of the semifinals? I thought we are in the semifinals. Are the judges not deciding anymore who to send home? Are we only eliminating one contestant by audience votes?

I know around here, country music has made a comeback with the younger demographic. When I still had facebook, my boys' friends were on my friend list and there were tons of postings of videos and country music lyrics and talk about country concerts. I think the new generation of younger country music stars might have something to so with it. I can tolerate it but I'm not a fan.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Glad to see the two I wanted gone, gone lol. Nothing against either of them, but Cece was horrible, and Diamond not that much better. With Diamond though, I could see her re-emerging once she gets a little longer in the tooth and some maturity hits her voice.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast