+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11-29 Results Show

FORT Newbie

Re: 11-29 Results Show

Paige performed much better this week--and so did CeCe. Paige had good reviews, which can cause voter complacency, while CeCe was attacked by the judges which can cause backlash from the voters. I concede that the voters rarely disagree with Simon, but this was the surprising exception to the rule. She performed towards the end of the show in a big production and did hold her own in it. Also, CeCe had outpolled Paige before, I think 2 weeks ago (Paige beat her last week). Neither was helped much by Demi and they haven't had a consistent theme or "story arc" to generate momentum and increasing interest/votes. (Paige as a single Mom and CeCe as the mean girl finding humility won't cut it.) They both are attractive and have strong voices, especially as seen in their Boot Camp singoff, but the fact is they aren't in the same league voicewise as Carley Rose (or Amaro). So they need other things for the audience to look for and enjoy watching and listening to them more than the others. Demi probably realized that but the makeovers and some of the staging with these girls were ridiculous. You can tell that CeCe is very inexperienced performing but there has been improvement, particularly last night. That, her draw and her underdog status with the judges, together with her better-practiced vocals with no obviously bad notes that I heard, carried CeCe over Paige. If CeCe went back to her original look and confident strutting she would do even better, I think, but it's too late to change again. The revival of her trademark spots helped some (I know I'm in the minority but they are memorable, generating notice). She looks great on camera, especially close up, but she'll have to be really strong next week to survive. Simon would have cut her, as he said for her to pack her bags. For a young Post Office clerk she's done pretty well to make the top 6.
    Bet2Win likes this.

I think Simon booted Vino over Diamond because he was bigger competition. I doubt he'd have been in the bottom again next week and Diamond has been down there the whole time. He's guessing he can get rid of her in the near future. JMO.
    Uncle David and Debb70 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I don't agree that viewers "rarely" disagree with Simon. I have found that on AI, we saw that Simon's BIG prohouncements aften sent voters out to show him up .

What saved Cece was his pronouncement that she better pack her suitcase.

FORT Fogey

I knew Vino would go when I saw the bottom 2. Simon wants a young winner and clearly Brit and Demi would not save him.

I think most viewers agree with Simon the most of the time, I know I do.

It takes more than a good voice to be successful and Diamond has more ability to be a pop star. That said, I am not sure she will make it past the next elimination. Perhaps with Paige gone she will gather more support.

Cece needs to change herself again. Get that dead overly bleached blonde hair cut, tone down the color and dress currently. The costuming that Demi chooses only shows a Lady Ga Ga wanna be in the making. Leave that up to her and Nicki Minaj. She has a fabulous voice but it gets cluttered by the poor mentoring.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Ugh. My two favorites are gone
    But who stopped voting for Paige. The one thing I like about 'this' Paige, she is far far more confident than she was when she arrived on the show She was often crying, and very emotional .I saw a very strong girl last night - no tears, looking stunning, and talking about the career ahead of her. I took solace in that
    JavaJo likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Vino showed a bit of poor sportsmanship there, but I get it. He was poorly mentored, imo.

I think Vino way outsang Diamond -- that's his type of song, grungy soulful -- and Simon took the easy way out.

I don't get the CeCe votes.
    I concur!!!!!

I think most viewers agree with Simon the most of the time, I know I do.
    Same here Shoepie, I do agree with him most of the time.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Vino showed a bit of poor sportsmanship there, but I get it. He was poorly mentored, imo.

I think Vino way outsang Diamond -- that's his type of song, grungy soulful -- and Simon took the easy way out.
    I don't get the CeCe votes.
    The easy way out would have been to create a tie and let the viewer vote decide. I don't understand how voting for Vino was the easy way out.

I knew it was a mistake to bring back Diamond! She ended up causing Vino to got home way too early. I'm mad that this happened. I would rather they just stop that sing off and let the votes decide. I bet Vino was safe and Diamond was not.
    Uncle David likes this.

FORT Fogey

The voters apparently did not agree with Simon because she wasn't even in the bottom 3...People voted for her so she would not have to pack her suitcases.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast