+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion...Spoilers

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion...Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It is impossible to guess who will go but I think Harmony 5 and Emblem 3 are in danger. Historically groups don't do well on this show. Diamond could be there too.
    I don't think both groups will be in the bottom. I think one of the groups and Cece. I loved the song choice for 5th Harmony .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

And when Khloe and Demi are going, they can take Brittany with them. That girl looks drugged out....and she adds nothing. "I am so proud of you" seems to be her go-to phrase with very little else. I am sure they are not paying K and D that much money while B seemed to be what Simon thought would be a huge drawing card so her payday is quite large.....and I don't think she was ( or is) attracting any more people.

I was also disappointed in Vino..that is a killer song but he didn't get to the heart of it so I am guessing it just wasn't his type of song. Tate followed the right path with something different. I loved the beginning of Diamond's song. What a great change up from the usual cover.

I think I disagree with many posters here on the performances last night. I may be way off on my predictions, but, we'll see. I'll post my predictions on the prediction thread.

I think Emblem 3 did well and the votes will reflect it.

Tate was okay. I like him. I'm always suspicious of people who wear their love for their spouse/partner on their sleeve. I'll leave it at that.

I wish Fifth Harmony could get some direction on how to sing as a group. Why is that so difficult for them. They don't even know how to stand as a group who is performing. It's not that difficult. Why doesn't someone show them. They did do a pretty good job, but it could have have been VERY impressive if they had the right direction, IMO. I blame Simon for that.

I'm worried about Vino, whom I love, but I'm scared for him.

CeCe's peformance would have been a snooze fest, if it wasn't so trashy. It was a repeat of that song almost to the letter of others I have seen do it. Please.

Watching Demi do a critique is really painful to watch. What does she know? I'm glad Simon put her in her place.

I still don't think that Paige is relating to the viewers. Maybe it's just me, but I was not entertained by her number.

Carly Rose is my #1 favorite, but Emblem 3 was the most entertaining to me last night.

Poor Diamond. I don't think she's not ready.

FORT Fogey

I didn't know that the finale was set for the middle of Dec. With AI coming on in the middle of January, I thought that they would be closer. Now that I think about it, the Christmas holidays would interfere with the show so it is over in three weeks. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I didn't know that the finale was set for the middle of Dec. With AI coming on in the middle of January, I thought that they would be closer. Now that I think about it, the Christmas holidays would interfere with the show so it is over in three weeks. WOW
    Yes, then the wreck of a show AI starts. .I am dying to see borrrrrrrrring Mariah and that other flake as judges.
    -Andy Rooney-

This is my first real season of X-Factor (I tried to get into it in the past and was shocked at how pitiful everyone was vocal wise so I cut my losses upfront) and I have to say I have been impressed with a few things:

1-Carly Rose. This is, like the vocal coach mentioned, a vocal prodigy. She could be up there with some of the all-time greats one day. I find that VERY exciting.

2- Khloe. I know she is stiff as a board with the teleprompter but when she is off-script I really find her refreshing--she's so unpolished and blunt that she just says whatever she is thinking and really puts the judges in awkward positions sometimes...and I LOVE it ! When the judges spew crap she will often speak up and challenge their nonsense and that is something as an audience we never get to see! So, let's have Mario handle the core hosting gig and let Khloe wander around asking the tough questions for my entertainment, that will do just fine

3- Beatrice. I liked everything about this girl/her story and Im so sad she got sick and sent home for some producer manipulated drama designed to keep "make my ears bleed Cece." Her breathy voice and raspy tone could really be developed and turn her into a true artist and I really enjoyed her performances. I also loved how geniune she was and her awesome family. Finally, I'm quite shocked and pleased with how TPTB handled Beatrice's backstory--they didn't reveal her family unit immediately and try to turn it into some unusual victim story, instead, they waited an incredibly long time in reality years to actually even confirm that unique family unit Beatrice comes from and that gives me a little hope for our collective future. I also applaud Beatrice for not trying to play a victim card--you can tell she's very happy and loved and I'm so proud of her not trying to complain or make an issue out of her family unit just to get votes (see almost every other reality contestant these days--"Im sad because I have a great-uncle that passed away from old age once!").

4- Simon. I love him putting Demi in her place--she's terrible.

5- Britney. She is a horrible actress so it's kind of interesting reading her true feelings with many of the contestants. Also, she was a gigantic pop star so kudos on actually obtaining a judge with some market cred. Of course, AI has countered with one of the greatest singers of all-time so let's keep this competition rolling (obviously being an incredible vocalist or huge star doesn't necessarily translate to coaching/judging ability but it's fun to watch).

I don't really care for the other performers and I typically fast forward through everyone sans Carly & Fifth Harmony (the only singers left, who IMO, actually have the vocal chops to really grab my attention) but I do enjoy about 20-30 mins of this show on Wednesdays so that's saying something
    Last edited by mindy384; 11-29-2012 at 01:03 PM.

FORT Regular

Huge fail by all the judges this week, imo. Wrong songs for every act, or songs that created pitch issues.

I wanted to fast-forward through the whole show.

Tate needs to go in the direction of Garth Brooks. Carly Rose doesn't need to be handcuffed by a "trying to be different" arrangement. Diamond has bad pitch issues. Simon chose the wrong girl for the lead from Fifth Harmony. Cece -- no costumes, stand still, prove to me you can kill a song w/out going shrill or off key. Awful song for Vino -- let's get some dirtier, grungier soulful music for him. And stop putting jackets on him, he looks silly because he shrugs all the time. Paige's coach hurt her the least, but I didn't hear anything that impressed me.

/rant

Simon, people switching back & forth between X-Factor and Voice are seeing much better Voice singers going home early versus the one singer on X-Factor -- CRS.

Simon, people switching back & forth between X-Factor and Voice are seeing much better Voice singers going home early versus the one singer on X-Factor -- CRS.
    I tried to like the Voice, I cannot stand the judges. I dislike Cee Lo( creepy guy) I prefer the X factor and never see other singing shows while its on.

I am happy with the X factor. Last night was one of the better shows this season ( for me )
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't think both groups will be in the bottom. I think one of the groups and Cece. I loved the song choice for 5th Harmony .
    The one with the lowest votes goes first, then the next 2 have a sing off and judges choose who will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The one with the lowest votes goes first, then the next 2 have a sing off and judges choose who will stay.
    I still dont see both groups in the bottom( 2 or 3) but I was wrong once before
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast