+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 11/21 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 11/21 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    9. Cece Frey (ugh, flat in the low registers and didn't finish the song, why is she still around?)
    YES! She was really flat. It's almost like she can't sing anything lower than a Soprano II. When she does, she loses it. Then she hits those high notes and sounds beautiful. Demi needs to give her songs that better suit her voice. Whitney or Christina or something.

Paige...her first audition was terrific. When she went head to head with Cece singing a Whitney song, she was terrific. Then she had to sing with Cece and didn't pick the song and bombed. Demi is picking her music now and she can't get a handle on it. I think Demi should give her options so she can choose what she is comfortable with. The girl knows what she can do better than Demi does, obviously (Cece, too). And I know I'm beating a dead horse but their make-overs are horrible. There was nothing wrong with Paige's look before Demi got her hands on her. She looked like a pop star. Cece had her cheetah thing going on and it seems like once Demi changed them, they lost their confidence. Notice, Demi is the only one who completely made over her group. She had the strongest group (imo) and now she has the weakest. It's unfortunate.
    sunshine3331 and Debb70 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Everyone keeps saying Vino's song was cheesy, but to me it was the perfect song to dedicate to the troops for their service. Had he just came out one random week and sang the song without rhyme or reason, then it would have been cheesy, imo. But I thought it was a very fitting song choice, especially with it being American Thanksgiving and all.

I really like Vino...he seems so sincere. And it's too bad, not to mention, quite ridiculous, that he couldn't serve his country because of tattoos.

Lots of tear-jerker moments with everyone's stories. And forgive me, I'm not sure of all the contestant's names yet, but I think it was Cece...her story about her sister literally had me balling. So many touching stories...Paige's story is heartbreaking as well.

Just how incredible is Diamond White and the girl who sang at the very end of the show (name escapes me)??? That much talent while yet so young? Unbelievable...
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Some favorites are emerging for me.

My top Three:

1.Carly Rose is phenomenal and should win this.
    2. Diamond
    3. Beatrice, I adore her but she cannot win. I hope she makes connections from this show.

Now comes the rest:

Vino has a good voice but I am just not feeling him.
    Paige. I used to favor her but no more. She is too emotional and not the best voice.

On the bottom of my list:

The groups
    Tate
    Arin
    Cece. She is dead last for me.

I expect to see Arin and Paige go next week. And I bet we see Carly #1.

FORT Fogey

Finally---no dancers. It only took a full season and part of this one for the over produced cheese-fests to stop!!

Even the singers were to the side or in the back allowing the SINGER to sing with out distractions.

Still too much staging, but so much better than the original concept for X Factor

I loved Vino and Carly Rose last night. They should be number 1 and 2, IMO.

Most everyone did pretty well. I don't get why CeCe's crying was so out of control. Yes, it's touching about her sister dying, but she doesn't remember her sister. IT's not like she knew her and lost her. I found that odd. I think she may have been crying over something else. Still, I liked parts of her song.

I thought Aaron did a good job with his song. He's not as strong as the others. They are asking him to do something he can't do. That was apparent when they put him through to the live rounds. IMO, it was his best performance.

I liked Beatrice a lot too. I was the least impressed with Diamond, Paige, and CeCe. Demi should be shot for her horrible makeovers on her team. Ugggghhhh.

FORT Fogey

Demi might end up like Pauls...with her whole team washed out midway through the season

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I loved Vino and Carly Rose last night. They should be number 1 and 2, IMO.

Most everyone did pretty well. I don't get why CeCe's crying was so out of control. Yes, it's touching about her sister dying, but she doesn't remember her sister. IT's not like she knew her and lost her. I found that odd. I think she may have been crying over something else. Still, I liked parts of her song.
    I thought Aaron did a good job with his song. He's not as strong as the others. They are asking him to do something he can't do. That was apparent when they put him through to the live rounds. IMO, it was his best performance.

I liked Beatrice a lot too. I was the least impressed with Diamond, Paige, and CeCe. Demi should be shot for her horrible makeovers on her team. Ugggghhhh.
    I thought the same thing about Cece. I am surprised that none of the judges commented on the difference between singing a song with feeling but staying in control. This was said last year to someone or some show and it makes sense.

I wondered if her real emotion was about being the child who lived under the shadow of her sister's memory. That certainly had to affect her as a child living with grieving parents who, still, to this day cannot talk about her without crying. She also got off on the wrong foot and that has kept her on an emotional tipping point the entire season. When your mentor says, you are not liked so we have to change you to be likeable, how can you deal with that? She is not having fun, that is for sure.

I agree, Demi did a huge disservice to her team with the extreme changes she made.

Paige, Aren, CeeCee, and the girl group were the worst tonight.
    I think Paige and Aren will be saying adios.

I find it amusing that the "overs", who LA thought didn't have a chance in hell, are pulling in high scores each week. I like both Vino and Tate, and I also like Beatriz and Carly.
    ibot2much likes this.

Everyone keeps saying Vino's song was cheesy, but to me it was the perfect song to dedicate to the troops for their service. Had he just came out one random week and sang the song without rhyme or reason, then it would have been cheesy, imo. But I thought it was a very fitting song choice, especially with it being American Thanksgiving and all.
    I agree BSL. I thought it prefect, I love his growly voice.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

THere is no thread for the results show. Hope it's ok to post. I am watching tonight. OMG. Beatrie's breakdown was just to much. Being sick can't help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast