+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 11/14/12 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 11/14/12 Show Discussion Thread

I was sick to my stomach at what Britney and Demi have done to their team members last night. OMG, they are clueless. My mom is 71 and she was bored with True Colors. Britney was happy with it? Really? What's wrong with her. And then the boring song by Madonna. Why?

Then we have Demi who is such a know-it-all. She has ruined most of her team, but she's too proud to turn it around. I just wish that they would speak out and say, "My coach has forced me to do this and I hate it. Text your support to have me freed from her control."
    Shoepie and Bet2Win like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was sick to my stomach at what Britney and Demi have done to their team members last night. OMG, they are clueless. My mom is 71 and she was bored with True Colors. Britney was happy with it? Really? What's wrong with her. And then the boring song by Madonna. Why?
    Honestly, I have no idea what she's doing with Beatrice. That girl clearly has a voice that was made to sing Indie type music. Brit should be giving her songs by artists like Ingrid Michaelson. A Fine Frenzy has a song called What I Wouldn't Do. Her voice would be amazing singing that track. The songs Brit gives her don't really showcase her unique tone. And I'm sorry, but even tone deaf people can sing Time After Time. It's the easiest song out there to sing (except for maybe Sweet Dreams). Give the girl a challenge.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea what she's doing with Beatrice. That girl clearly has a voice that was made to sing Indie type music. Brit should be giving her songs by artists like Ingrid Michaelson. A Fine Frenzy has a song called What I Wouldn't Do. Her voice would be amazing singing that track. The songs Brit gives her don't really showcase her unique tone. And I'm sorry, but even tone deaf people can sing Time After Time. It's the easiest song out there to sing (except for maybe Sweet Dreams). Give the girl a challenge.
    The problem is it was Diva night, and, much as I love her, Ms Michaelson is not a Diva. In fact the only Indie Divas that come immediately come to mind are Amy Winehouse and Adele. The second problem is that typically people vote for songs they know. With the exception of Be OK and The Way I Am most of Michaelson's tracts are unknown to the general public. Having said that, I agree that Brit is ruining Beatrice's chances to continue. Beatrice should be up there with Carly Rose. I don't think it's the fault of the voting public. They're getting it right. We are not seeing Beatrice's amazing talent on display. And, during the song, we're not seeing the adorable nature of this sweet girl that we see when she isn't performing. Luckily, CeCe is a hot mess, and will probably be responsible for Beatrice getting another week to redeem herself.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    The problem is it was Diva night, and, much as I love her, Ms Michaelson is not a Diva. In fact the only Indie Divas that come immediately come to mind are Amy Winehouse and Adele. The second problem is that typically people vote for songs they know. With the exception of Be OK and The Way I Am most of Michaelson's tracts are unknown to the general public.
    Cyndi Lauper isn't a Diva, either, nor is Queen but that didn't stop them from letting them sing songs by those artists. I guess I'm wishing that Demi would lead her in that direction from here on out if she sticks around. It wouldn't have to be Ingrid songs. I was using her as an example. There are numerous indie female singers ....Fiona Apple, Lily Allen, Lisa Loeb, Regina Spektor, Ellie Goulding. Plenty to choose from that people will recognize.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

FORT Fogey

I agree with what most of you have said and 'liked' them all.

As I watched Jenell I thought, ohhhhh not good, she is going to get bad comments and they all loved her. That happened with a few others, too. When the judges listened back I wonder if they heard what I did. Bee Stung Lips, I thought the reason was the key that was too low for them, too.

The sound mix is still not good, but much better. The band is too loud. And there is no reason for anyone to scream during a performance, especially a ballad. Certainly the audience can be told when it is appropriate to scream!

I don't like country music but Tate has a beautiful voice and I can see he and Carly staying on top.

I think this show should be renamed "you did amazing." What the hell kind of grammar is that? "That was an amazing performance," is proper if compelled to use the word. It seems to have replaced awesome.

Lyric 145 is the only group I like but I think their audience is limited and I don't expect them to win. Someone will sign them though.

I adore Beatrice, precious girl.

I think Armin will go tonight. It seems so obvious.

Demi is failing as a mentor but she listened to Simon and made some changes this week.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Shoepie, I could not agree more regarding Janell. I literally cringed at her performance and was cussing Demi out for giving her a Tina Turner song. No one can do Tina, except Tina. I was flabberghasted at the judge's comments, and hope when Simon watches the playback, he too is straining his ears to hear the singers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Shoepie, I could not agree more regarding Janell. I literally cringed at her performance and was cussing Demi out for giving her a Tina Turner song. No one can do Tina, except Tina. I was flabberghasted at the judge's comments, and hope when Simon watches the playback, he too is straining his ears to hear the singers.
    They gave praise to some others who I thought were way off, too. I cannot remember who, at the moment. I don't think the judges can hear them well with the band and a noisy audience behind them.

Diva week was NOT a good idea. One of the main criticisms on this and AI is contestants choosing songs by divas!
    Debb70 likes this.

So why didn't they do the double elimination last week? Kinda not fair that Janell went home as only Lyric 145 should have just gone home this week and Cece should have been gone home last week if they had this double elimination. I just couldn't bear to watch Cece perform again and I can't believe she went up 7 places! Yea I get that she got the pimp spot and Janelle got the death spot. Looks like it's Tate's game to lose and Carly Rose can't seem too break his hold. I think top 3 for the whole series will be Tate, Carly Rose and Emblem 3. Those country voters are intense voters as everyone has realized when the last two finalists from American Idol the year before were country singers.

I was happy Vino was still in 3rd place . I think everyone thought he would be gone by now.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

How the hell is Cece still there when Lyric145 and Jennel is not? Baffling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast