+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 11/14/12 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 11/14/12 Show Discussion Thread

What did you guys think of the group performances?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I liked them all. I don't usually like groups
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

WOW! this forum is certainly quite....does that represent what most think of the X factor this season!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by javajo View Post
    eek! Cece was really bad tonight. Her high notes that she held were good but the rest...not so much.

Funny because my autocorrect tried to spell cece as feces
    lmao
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I love Lyric 145! Each week they've been awesome, imo. Each of the members lends presence to the group. The female rapper is phenomenal; I love the group's stage presence. Don't know what the hell the judges were smoking last night as Lyric 145 was anything but horrible. For me I hear a mixture of L'il Jon and Outcast. They seem like they'd be comfortable fusing many different styles of music with Rap. And excuse me, Demi, dear, there's no law that states that rap groups have to stick to straight hip hop. Fusing Rap with Rock, a, la Run DMC and Aerosmith twentysome years ago was a pivotal moment in proving that rap and rock DO mix. But then again, what does a musically illiterate eighteen year old, whose idea of good music is the nonsense cluttering up the current top 40 lists, know about anything?

Anyway, hats off to Lyric 145. They're the only act I look forward to seeing on this show, this season. The rest of the acts are mostly just meh for me. Although I will say Vino's voice is lovely, but I'd like to see him dig a little deeper into his performances. The little thirteen year old (who wore the hat) has a lovely voice too. Her tone is pretty amazing for her age.

Other than that, it's all Lyric 145 for me, and I hope they go on to a great success after this show, since it's a pretty safe bet they won't win.
    mindy384 and Fanny Mare like this.

Other than that, it's all Lyric 145 for me, and I hope they go on to a great success after this show, since it's a pretty safe bet they won't win
    Someone will sign them ( for sure) they have a successful career ahead of them
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm with you on Lyric145. I think that maybe last weeks performance was one of the best I've seen on a talent show. It certainly was my favorite. It's hard to believe they haven't been performing together for ages. I'm a middle aged white woman and I'll tell you right now...they put out an album and I will buy it.

Paige is so talented and Demi is screwing that poor girl over. Remember her audition? She came out in tights, short shorts, funky hair and looked like a pop star. She sang that Mary J song like a pop star, too. I think Demi has changed her so much that she's undermined her confidence. The futuristic costumes aren't right for her and the song choices are horrendous. Give that girl a pop song with some depth, let her style herself (she didn't need any help in that department) and let the girl do her thing. She's one that just needs a little guidance, not a major overhaul. And again, why the hell is Cece blonde? It looks awful. I think Demi did it so Cece wouldn't get lost in the sea of brunettes, but really, we all know who Cece is. She just looks so.....lost. And I'm sorry, but why does Demi keep saying Jennel is a rocker? She sang a top 40 pop song for her audition and nailed it. She's not a rocker, she's a pop artist with a lot of sass. Demi has stripped her of everything I loved about her, too. I like Demi, but she is clueless with these girls.

Vino....I could close my eyes and listen to him talk all day long. He has such a sexy, soothing voice. I'm a fan.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm with you on Lyric145. I think that maybe last weeks performance was one of the best I've seen on a talent show. It certainly was my favorite. It's hard to believe they haven't been performing together for ages. I'm a middle aged white woman and I'll tell you right now...they put out an album and I will buy it.

Paige is so talented and Demi is screwing that poor girl over. Remember her audition? She came out in tights, short shorts, funky hair and looked like a pop star. She sang that Mary J song like a pop star, too. I think Demi has changed her so much that she's undermined her confidence. The futuristic costumes aren't right for her and the song choices are horrendous. Give that girl a pop song with some depth, let her style herself (she didn't need any help in that department) and let the girl do her thing. She's one that just needs a little guidance, not a major overhaul. And again, why the hell is Cece blonde? It looks awful. I think Demi did it so Cece wouldn't get lost in the sea of brunettes, but really, we all know who Cece is. She just looks so.....lost. And I'm sorry, but why does Demi keep saying Jennel is a rocker? She sang a top 40 pop song for her audition and nailed it. She's not a rocker, she's a pop artist with a lot of sass. Demi has stripped her of everything I loved about her, too. I like Demi, but she is clueless with these girls.

Vino....I could close my eyes and listen to him talk all day long. He has such a sexy, soothing voice. I'm a fan.
    Agree with you on all points.

Jennel, forgot all about her. Her audition was AMAZING, making her one of the early standouts for me. But gradually, she's morphed into something entirely different and I see none of the appeal and pizazz that drew me to her in the first place. Agree with you about Paige too. Less focus on silly costumes and more focus on vocals. She certainly did have a Mary J. Blige vibe earlier on. But to me, Demi's trying to make her into a Rhianna clone and it's not working.
    Shoepie, JavaJo and Debb70 like this.

But to me, Demi's trying to make her into a Rhianna clone and it's not working.
    Yes!! they just had a clip of Rihanna( who I don't care for) and I thought the same thing, thats what Demi is wanting. I wish Paige had a different mentor

I am with you Java, I love Vino
    bee stung lips likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes!! they just had a clip of Rihanna( who I don't care for) and I thought the same thing, thats what Demi is wanting. I wish Paige had a different mentor

I am with you Java, I love Vino
    Good to be amongst like company. Cannot stomach Rhianna's " music" to say nothing of her ridiculously contrived image with all the overtly sexual costumes etc. She should really stop trying so hard.

And 'ain't Vino sexy? Can't get enough of him caressing the camera with his eyes...lol
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast