+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1/12 Show Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/1/12 Show Discussion Thread

I don't think David was "the star" at all. He was the stereotypical rocker with the tattoos and piercings ....We've seen that before in a thousand different people. I hope when Jason leaves, the publicity here will get him a job in a LV review ...he is perfect for that. Again with the tattoos and Vino...does he have a tattooed hair line??? He looks like somebody in prision....not a good look for middle America voting.

I will stick with the country guy in this category
    Thor and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

I thought it was ironic that LA picks 4 men, the two young female judges pick all young girls and Simon picks two of the groups he "made"... Discuss among yourselves what this means. LOL
    Debb70 likes this.

I don't mind the tattoos or even the piercings. I have 6 tattoos (7 if you count my eyeliner) and have my nose pierced, but I do think Vino went overboard though. He seems like a really nice guy with lots of heart, so the above the shoulder tattoos don't really fit what we know about him. I do love his voice, though. Jason should be on Broadway or in Vegas. I adore him and the first time he sang, he blew me away, but I dont' see where he'd fit in on the charts. Tate is adorable and sings well, but I'm not a country music fan so.....I was hoping David would get the boot.

I can't believe Brit sent Diamond home, I would have let Beatrice go.

I like Emblem 3 and the rapping trio. The all girl group doesn't really seem like a group to me. They are individual singers, singing individual parts with very little harmonizing and group singing.

I think Demi sent the right person home. I can't believe she cut Paiges hair and made Cece blonde. Ick.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Why did LA say, who do I keep.The entertainer or the star - and he keeps the entertainer. I will miss him as well.
    I have a soft spot for Vino, so I am glad he got through

Demi looked strange last night, way too old looking.

I like Mario as the host/MC. We don't need two of them.
    I loved the way Demi looked last night! Her makeup was fabulous and it showed her beauty. When she has heavy eyes and bright lips you almost cannot see what she really looks like.

I said this above, I get why LA chose Jason, the entertainer. Why not? He cannot win with any of his team so took a long shot that Jason, with some more tweaking, could catch a fan base. David would be in competition with the other, younger males and Jason is in a catagory all by himself. LA is looking to sign someone, winner or not.

Britney letting Diamond go was a mistake. Again, Armin is in competition with the young boy group IMO and will not survive. Diamond would have outlasted Beatrice, at the very least.

Simon's
    best bet is Emblem 3.
    Brittany's best shot is Carly Rose
    Demi has a jewel in Jennel or Paige
    LA, last man standing will be Tate probably

Mario is the best host and yes, we just need one. I think Kloe was chosen to gather viewers since she has fans.

Right on the front page of x factor you can tweet to the show. I have sent 2 to complain about the screaming. Join me in that effort!

I love Demi usually, last night

Don't agree about David I am not a huge fan of Tate

I would join you, I don't tweet
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No matter how much she tries to erase her earlier actions I still remember the endless drama, attitude and bad will CeCe brought to the auditions and boot camp and I hope everyone else does too. I know she has given many excuses but I think her actions speak for themselves and the way she talked to some of the other contestants (trying to bait them and elimnate her comp) made sick.

Poor khloe is just following Mario around and looks so awkward! She's actually the only bearable kardashian so I want her to be the successful one but I'm not sure this is the route...
    Shoepie and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

I think Demi sent the right person home. I can't believe she cut Paiges hair and made Cece blonde. Ick.
    For a while there I thought I was watching America's Next Top XFactor with the crazy make-overs Demi gave her team. Jennel's new look is really good though, so Demi did something right. The other 2 girls looked horrendous however.
    BuckeyeAddict and JavaJo like this.

FORT Regular

As for CeCe - I was not a fan at all, until Demi gave her a wake up call and told her that she comes off very unlikeable. I think in her head, she thought she had to be confident - which came off as cocky. I enjoy her voice and seeing her softer side (confidence, instead of cockiness) is turning me into a fan. Vino - love, love, LOVE him!!! My favs are: Simon - Emblem 3, Demi - Janelle, Britney - Carly, and LA - Vino. Those are my final 4. Id bet money that Carly takes it all. Her voice is truly amazing

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post

And yes, people should complain about the screaming girls. It must be stopped. They are annoying. They should all be put way in the back, on the balcony!! There should be no screaming when there is singing (especially when a contestant is having a vulnerable moment), when the judge are talking and when the hosts are talking. This takes away from the enjoyment of watching the show considering that the audio is already so bad when the contestants are singing (they sound like they are singing in a huge well).
    Someone on another board said that the show encourages the screaming. She/he was at one of the shows last season, and said it was horrendous, they hold up cue cards for them to scream. I don't know what they expect to gain by it, but they're losing fans because they can't stand the screaming.
    JohnnyK likes this.

In a couple of interviews I read, LA admitted that choosing Jason over David was a no brainer for him, because he thought David was too safe and had an air of trying too hard.
    Also, someone (Simon I think) admitted that they all went wrong in choosing songs and that they should listen more to the artists. The only ones that chose their own song was Emblem 3 and they did the best, according to him.
    Also, regarding the screaming, the audience was actually told to tone it down.

+ Reply to Thread