+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1/12 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 11/1/12 Show Discussion Thread

I really love Jason, but he shouldn't have stayed over David.

I would make a lousy judge.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Cece may have a great voice but can anyone forget her arrogant start? I don't care for her and her new look has taken away from her looks. She was never beautiful but she was more attractive than she is now. Her hair and dress tonight were terrible. I couldn't hear her sing because of the screaming either!
    I can't forget it, and she didn't sound that great with the first song she auditioned with either. I don't think she sounded good with the song she sang tonight either. She won't get my vote when we're finally allowed to vote.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I could see LA's mind at work. If Susan Boyle could win in the UK, maybe, just maybe he has a better chance with the quirky guy than the one in a million tattooed, pierced singers. David's looks and voice is very generic. LA knows that none of his team has the slightest chance of wining. He is just going through the motions.
    But Susan Boyle didn't win BGT. She came in 2nd. I also don't think David looks generic. I think he looks a bit unique.

The cut that surprised me the most was Diamond. I don't think she should have left. She was, like, my favorite of the teens.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Jason is much more suited for Broadway or Vegas act. LA is a fool, he picked David to go home.
    Simon looked at LA like he lost his mind.
    I totally agree on all counts. LA made a mistake. Sad to see David go. I hope he still can get a career in music.

FORT Fogey

I joined twitter and tweeted Simon about the audience! He is getting so many tweets it will be lost. Everyone on twitter just keep sending him tweets about this. He doesn't read them, I am sure, but his staff does.
    JohnnyK likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    But Susan Boyle didn't win BGT. She came in 2nd. I also don't think David looks generic. I think he looks a bit unique.

The cut that surprised me the most was Diamond. I don't think she should have left. She was, like, my favorite of the teens.
    Really? Thousands of people have tattoos, that hair cut and piercings. It is a trend that has been around for a long time.

I'd like to add that Jason Brock sounded more like he was yelling and struggled with the song at the end.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'll miss David.

I still like my statue audience idea.
    xmaskat and Shoepie like this.

There were a couple of bad decisions tonite.

First and foremost is LA. David is a lot better singer than Jason. Jason really struggled in his song while David was very heartfelt. David's voice is also better than Jason's. Jason is whiny and high-pitched when he sings and his act is only good for Vegas and Broadway. We are looking for a recording artist in this show. Jason will be the first to go next week. David is the best vocalist in his group so I thought it would be Jason and Vino or Tate in the bottom 2 and he will let go of Jason.

Second mistake was made by Britney. I really thought she'll let go of Beatrice because she and Carly Rose are similar but Carly Rose is the much better singer. I was expecting her and Arin in the bottom 2. Was totally not expecting Diamond in the bottom 2 let alone sent home as I think she has more fans than Beatrice.

Letting go of Willie was the right choice by Demi but he should not have made it to the live show in the first place so Demi made the wrong choice of choosing him over Jillian. Willie's performance last night had no wow factor. There was no range, no glory notes, it just stayed on one key (save for couple of super low notes) and he did the same thing to save his life. WTH! He's really not a very good vocalist and was only there because he was unique.

As for Simon, he would never get rid of 1423 (Glad they are changing their name again because I thought it was horrendous!) even though they didn't perform as well as Sister C because that's his baby. They were the right bottom 2 but I would have kept Sister C only because they performed better, they have been together a while, and also we don't have anything like them in the country scene. Unfortunately, I don't think the audience will ever warm up to them as they look like a trio of brats.

LOL on Simon. He sounded like Paula last year when she didn;t want to say that she's "sending home" a contestant. But Mario Lopez didn't buckle and made him say what's on the script! As I proposed last year and should have been changed this year, that SENDING HOME sounds very negative. "I am saving or keeping" should have been the right phrase to keep the theme positive. Speaking of Mario Lopez, it felt like I'm watching America's Best Dance Crew. Not a fan of that Kardashian girl as a host. She's not very good. Just get rid of her.

And yes, people should complain about the screaming girls. It must be stopped. They are annoying. They should all be put way in the back, on the balcony!! There should be no screaming when there is singing (especially when a contestant is having a vulnerable moment), when the judge are talking and when the hosts are talking. This takes away from the enjoyment of watching the show considering that the audio is already so bad when the contestants are singing (they sound like they are singing in a huge well).
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-02-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'll miss David.

I still like my statue audience idea.
    Why did LA say, who do I keep.The entertainer or the star - and he keeps the entertainer. I will miss him as well.
    I have a soft spot for Vino, so I am glad he got through

Demi looked strange last night, way too old looking.

I like Mario as the host/MC. We don't need two of them.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread