+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1/12 Show Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/1/12 Show Discussion Thread

Again, I will say anyone can start a thread. I have been doing it but ended up not watching last night. I caught the show this morning.

I would love to see AI give the ranking. I loved that. It might get more people voting.

The country voters really come out in droves! Tate as #1 shocked me.

Carly Rose as #2 tells me she can possibly win this.

I was sorry to see Beatrice 2nd from bottom. I expected to see Jason go. I hope something comes his way with this.

Harmony Five placing in the middle is a head scratcher until you realize there are 5 families and friends voting for them.

I agree that Demi should have chosen Jillian instead of Cece. I believe she will be the next elimination.

I've been super busy with personal stuff lately, so I haven't been around to start the threads and I haven't been watching most of the shows until a later time. I'll try to pop in here and start the weekly thread, although since there isn't a lot of traffic, I might just start one for the show and the results combined each week. If there isn't a thread, feel free to make one. Just use the same title with the current date each time.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Age group? I don't know. The same that always votes for the country singer, I guess?

I don't know which I hate more. Hot young guys always winning or older family country men with sob stories winning.
    This just goes to show you, if you like someone VOTE! I think thats what they were doing. Tate is good, never heard his story, he's a nice man. Will he win? I say nope.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I did enjoy Simon's chagrin when his groups were lower than he expected. If I recall correctly, at least the top four were all singers who did not have a lot of staging...They just sang alone on the stage. Maybe that will tell the mentors something ( demi!!!)
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I did enjoy Simon's chagrin when his groups were lower than he expected. If I recall correctly, at least the top four were all singers who did not have a lot of staging...They just sang alone on the stage. Maybe that will tell the mentors something ( demi!!!)
    THank you. To be so smart, the experts on that show need some help.

What I don't like about Demi is that she seems to be such a know-it-all. At least Simon said the scores gave him information that he would need to adjust his team members. Demi seems like she is too stubborn to learn from anyone.

FORT Fogey

I didn't realize thast this new hot group was a throw together group from the British XFactor. No wonder Simon took the groups this year...looking madly to do it again in America?

I would have thought that is information about the rankings would have been available to the mentors in the past. Doesn't seem possilbe that it would have been with held from them.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I didn't realize thast this new hot group was a throw together group from the British XFactor. No wonder Simon took the groups this year...looking madly to do it again in America?

I would have thought that is information about the rankings would have been available to the mentors in the past. Doesn't seem possilbe that it would have been with held from them.
    One direction are a huge hit in the UK. Huge. So possibly he would do it in the US But heck he already has Il Divo, they are his as well
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    This just goes to show you, if you like someone VOTE! I think thats what they were doing. Tate is good, never heard his story, he's a nice man. Will he win? I say nope.
    I agree ... but then I didn't think McCreery would win AI.

I was surprised Lyric145 wasn't higher in the rankings. Guess I'm going to have to start voting if I don't want Tate to ultimately win it. My personal favorite right now is Diamond White ... Carly has the better voice, but Diamond is more the whole package. Arin reminds me of Michael Jackson in the Off The Wall days, very charismatic, just not sure if there's spot in today's market.

As far as the groups, Lyric145 is my favorite; I don't have a favorite in the over's or the young adults.

I don't know who I want to win yet. I like Lyric 145- very very good I think Diamonds song was too big for her.Whitney Houston, really?
    JavaJo likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know who I want to win yet. I like Lyric 145- very very good I think Diamonds song was too big for her.Whitney Houston, really?
    I'm surprised as well. Simon was so critical of anyone on AI that tried to take on a Whitney Houston song ... yet he had last year's winner sing several Houston songs.

+ Reply to Thread