+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 10/31 Live show discussion thread.

FORT Fogey

10/31 Live show discussion thread.

First let me say the screaming girls were way too loud. It was difficult to hear the judges. I am sure the warm up person encouraged this and hopefully on replay Simon, will realize this and correct it. Either mix the sound better or instruct the audience to settle down when the judges are talking.

Simon. I was not wowed by any of his groups but from audience reaction Emblem 3 seems to have a leg up.

LA. I didn't care for any of them.

Briteny. Diamond White is my favorite and I like the other girls.

Demi. Jenell and Paige stood out to me. Hard to know who will go. Cece is still not likable nor did she sing well last night, but they all see her as talented and will let her slide by this time. Willie may go.

If I remember correctly they do not eliminate evenly across the board at some point. I think I remember all of Paula's groups going before many other contestants.

I agreed with every critique Simon gave with the exception of raving about his own groups!

Kloe was nervous and did a passable job. She will warm up to it and by the end and probably gather skill.

Kudos to all the judges for giving and honest critique, especially Demi and Simon.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-01-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Regular

Re: 10/31 Live show discussion thread.

I thought most of them sounded awful, but also blamed it on the sound and the audience. Some of my favs were flops, I am hoping it was first time stage jitters. I was actually thinking opposite - I thought Simon's groups did the best except for the 5 girls (which were my favorite group up until last nights show)

I wasn't very impressed either. Carly Rose was the best solo performance, and that's across all the age ranges. It's hers to lose IMO. Emblem 3 was really good as well. I would imagine that they will end up with a recording contract regardless of when/if they get eliminated.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I didn't catch the entire show, (I saw about 80%) but from what I did see, I wasn't too impressed. They seemed to sing better in their auditions. In most cases the songs didn't seem to do much for them. Why have someone with a fantastic voice sing a song that requires no real vocal skill? I found that confusing.

FORT Fogey

The staging was way over the top for most and oddly uneven with Simon. Sister C sang on a bare stage and Lyric 145 had way too much going on. The dancers, in all cases, were distracting.
    AmyKay and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

The staging and dancers were a huge issue last season and I thought Simon commented that they would indeed tone it down this years.

I didn't see the show, but have read some comments that Brittany's kids were not good. Of course, just because you can sing and SOMEBODY can put together an act for you...that doesn't mean that you have the talent to do the same for somebody else...just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    The staging and dancers were a huge issue last season and I thought Simon commented that they would indeed tone it down this years.

I didn't see the show, but have read some comments that Brittany's kids were not good. Of course, just because you can sing and SOMEBODY can put together an act for you...that doesn't mean that you have the talent to do the same for somebody else...just sayin'.
    Right. What I don't get is that Britney's kids were super talented in their auditions. Why did getting them help, bring their performance level down. I don't understand.

It seems they throw them on this HUGE stage, with dancers and costumes, and they dont know what to do with it all.The earpieces are hard to get used to, and that screaming non stop, has to stop.

I loved looking at Paige, she reminded me of a young Whitney Houston. I liked the last group.I have it all recorded so I will look again. I think it will be better with less of them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Right. What I don't get is that Britney's kids were super talented in their auditions. Why did getting them help, bring their performance level down. I don't understand.
    I think it because this was their first performance singing in front of a huge audience and TV cameras.

I was underwhelmed-really wanted to be more "whelmed". Do the judges chose the songs? In some instances I was wondering what the heck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast