+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 10/31 Live show discussion thread.

Re: 10/31 Live show discussion thread.

I was under the impression the judges "suggested" songs and helped with arrangments and staging.

I think L.A. Reid sandbagged his whole team with song choices. Simon, as usual, is smug and delusional when it comes to "his" team. I was most impressed with Demi's staging, she may have a knack for that area of production.

Over all I didn't sense any "standouts" at this point and am still NOT a fan of cece. I am guessing that one from each group will go tonight since the judges have the "say". We shall see!

FORT Fogey

The judges chose the songs for them. They criticized their fellow judges song choices last night, liberally!

I think Cece may go. It sure seemed clear that she was not made more likable or able to get there. She didn't sing well either. This could be wishful thinking. She has put viewers off since she auditioned; I don't know what it would take to change our minds. Not blonde hair! C Sisters, same thing. meh

I loved Simon last night, I just watched him and he just makes me LOL! LA gets all pissy, and Simon doesn't care. Demi sure is good, I love how she said to Simon- " May I finish please!!! " WTG Demi - Simon can handle it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Between the horrible song choices and the over production of the performances, the judges did no favors to anyone on their teams.

The two best performances were from singers who didn't have a million back up dancers, laser lights, or other distractions going on during their song.

FORT Fogey

The show has had problems from the start....mostly because Simon can't tone it down. He doesn't have a vision for it in and of itself. He just wants it to be bigger than American Idol so he glitzes it up. At least start low keyed until these kids get used to the stage. Between the huge screaming audience and all the staging and a million dancers, you don't hear the kids.....and that is the reason we watch the show.
    AmyKay likes this.

I cant find a listing for it tonight, I hope its on.
    -Andy Rooney-

I only saw bits and pieces in between Survivor, and I didnt watch last season at all, but the "audio" (hosts/singing/judges) seemed to be turned way down and the background music/clapping turned way up. Hard to hear, seemed like sometimes they were yelling.

I will give it another chance, but dont know if I will stick with it. Do they have a "recap" on Thurs show? I dont have dvr and wouldnt be able to watch Wed show if Survivor is on, thats my priority
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Maybe Simon's being stupid and thinking that most "superstars" today have successful songs that do not require vocal talent so he wants to do the same with these contestants.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I cant find a listing for it tonight, I hope its on.
    It is on, 2 hours. Not sure how they are going to fill that. I like this show. Off to start a thread for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It is on, 2 hours. Not sure how they are going to fill that. I like this show. Off to start a thread for tonight.
    I found it online- when its on ( two hours is too long)
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast