+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Renewed for Season 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Renewed for Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Frankly, I can tolerate KK to a point (she's pretty much the ONLY Kardashian I CAN sometimes tolerate for more than 30 seconds!), but I never understood why they wasted time and money to put her ass on the show, anyway.

Please.
    I am pretty sure that it was the same as BS.....Simon thought the name would be enough to attract more audience and he was wrong. I have no idea who follows that K family but they really are so unlikable.

Fifth Harmony was on The Today Show last week. They really have been practicing. They were very polished. They sounded pretty good, though, I think their handlers may have sucked their original charm and originality out of them. I liked them better competing on the show than now.

I don't follow this show & I thoroughly dislike Simon Cowell, but he has just cut the winners prize by $4 Million. Perhaps if he actually produced a recording star things would be different.

I just did a little research on the winners from season one and two. I don't think Melanie's album was ever released and certainly not promoted by Epic Records. They have since released her from their label or should I say, she no longer appears on their roster.

And Tate was released from RCA Nashville with one song released. I'm not sure how well it did.

It's really sad. How can they build up how great winning the thing is, when in fact, it's not that great. I certainly hope those winners got their 5 million dollars. I'm not sure how that works.

FORT Fogey

WOW. Thanks for that info. I thought that some (all?) of the $5 mil was tied up in the record production.....like that "prize" money was what they were going to put into making/publicizing the album. I do not know that for sure so I hope both of the "winners' got to keep a lot of the money since they aren't going to be recording stars.

I find this article that is from before last season. Simon says the winner gets 5 million in cash, PLUS appearance on the Super Bowl for a commercial. So, I guess Melanie and Tate got their 5 million. I guess losing a record deal isn't such a big deal, as long as you get that much money. If it's managed well, it would set you up for a nice life.

Simon: 'X Factor' winner will get $5 million in cash - TODAY.com

It looks like that if Simon is lowering the prize to one million, that says that the winners aren't worth it. However, I think the show needs to work on making their winners successful in the music industry. If not, they are just making a big deal over not so much.

Emblem three didn't have to win to do well

Looking forward to tonight
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

This sh** premiered tonight didn't it?

Doesn't look like anybody was around to watch it.

I'm not interested. The first two seasons were pretty lame imo.

I saw the hour and was blown away by one woman, totally blown away. I saw at least 4 acts I would love to see in the show, then remember they have just started. I loved all the judges
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Were there any country singers? If so, I completely despise them already before even having seen or heard them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast