+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread

wil.i.am said Reed was like a little emporer kid. I get that.

I guess we are not going to know who they have chosen until next week. Less than 10 minutes left and Brit has one more contestant to hear. damn.

It's all about the drama Shoepie!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    It's all about the drama Shoepie!
    I know, I know. sigh I want to know now!

FORT Fogey

I am actually really enjoying the X-factor. I did last season and do again this season.

I thought I'd burn out with all the singing shows, but apparently I did not. This show has the most amazing performers - in all age brackets. The kids are especially AMAZING!
    Shoepie and NEPASue like this.

FORT Fogey

Oh, and one thing about Britney. She kind sucks as a judge in the live shows, but I was really glad she got the kids. I think/hope that this show is a little therapeutic for her. She needs to find her own voice in this world, and I think this show could help with that.

I think Simon saw that.

Demi is amazing. She's bright and articulate. What a lovely surprise. It's all working (for me) this season.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree with both your posts, Jexter.

Britney seemed to be uptight and not connected to will.i.am at all. It made me wonder if she really knows him. He must have been chosen by production. The way she dresses is a bit of a disconnect, too. The dress she wore was very conservative and not hip or cutting edge at all. Her new image? I like her but there was something very fragile that came out last night.

All of the judges say positive things and doubts about each contestant so we will be left wondering. Britney didn't do a convincing job, all she could say is, I don't know if they can handle the stress. LA was transparent. He doesn't like any of his team!

My guesses for the teams:

Britney: Carly Rose, Diamond, Reed and Arin.

LA: Daryl, David, Tate, Vino

Simon: Lyric 145, Emblem 3, Sister C, Playback (he likes the idea of a group of Beibers).

Demi: Paige, CeCe, Jillian, Willie

Here are my guesses:

Groups: Lyric 145, LYLAS, Emblem 3, Sister C. Simon never listens to anyone and he gets what he wants even though it's a mistake (i.e. last year's Simone and Tiah, although if Mariah Carey was there they would not have made it to the live show) so he will cut one of these groups to put in a group less deserving like Playback (which apparently he loves).

Young Adults: Jillian, Jennel, Cece, Paige. Unless the producers decide that they need at least one boy then Willie stays and either Paige or Jennel goes.

Teens: Carly Rose, Diamond, Reed. The 4th spot will either go to Arin or Beatrice. Beatrice was outshown by Carly Rose in bootcamp and they are a little similar so I think they will go with a guy, Arin takes the last spot.

Over 25s: Vino & David are the keepers....I really didn't care for the others because they sounded generic. I would put Jeff Gutt here but because he didn't make the judges homes I guess i'll go with whiny Jason and boring Tate. LA and company didn't care much about Daryl's and Tara's performances.

There might be surprise twist. A wildcard round.

The X Factor USA Wild Card | Facebook

X Factor live shows 'to get shock wild card twist' | Metro.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree on both points I think the nerves get the better of them. I knew Cece was hiding behind that tough persona she had us believe was her

Sophie ( Genes daughter) didn't make it through did she?
    No she got cut already
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Thanks to all for the reviews of Thursday night's show. I recorded it, but it disappeared before I got to watch it.

A wildcard round would make all kinds of sense. They seem to always want to pull some kind of surprise twist. Last year it was Simon's decision to bring Melanie back into the fold (which I fully believe was planned from the start, but that's another story). I, like so many others, was stunned and completely disappointed that Jeffrey did not make it. Maybe his songs in boot camp didn't reach the pinnacle that "Hallelujah" did, but how many times have people been kept on because of prior performances? And to not even make the top 6, when LA doesn't even think any of them have a chance???? I smell another setup. I hope I do anyway. And I wonder if it might make LA a little happier about the group he got.

I think there were a couple others who I was disappointed that didn't make it, but I'm not remembering right now. What I do remember is how disappointed I was that the one woman in the 25 & Up group made it. I don't like her personality, her over confidence and over singing. Maybe she made it because she's the only female.

Isn't it funny that we really did not see Panda at all during boot camp, though??? Could she be a big surprise wildcard addition? People would go nuts. I found this article in which she was interviewed. She's a riot! But she explains what happened during boot camp - or at least what she knows, and when she got cut. BTW, she's lost at least 60 lbs due to gastric bypass. That would be another huge surprise - and maybe extra good news for LA if he were to get her on his team.
    Whatever Happened To Panda Ross? Simon Cowell
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 10-13-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Nice, thanks for the link. Imagine if she came back for the Wildcard <3.

I knew Jeffrey was going to be cut (thanks to some spoilers I read), and I knew people here weren't going to be happy. As for me, I don't care.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast