+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 10/4 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 10/4 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I'd like to hear Panda again too.
    They also haven't shown Sopie Tweed Simmons singing other than her initial audition, have they?
    Did the heavy set guy in the wheelchair make it through? They showed him blanking on the words to his song, which 9 times out of 10 gets you cut.
    I think Freddy went through, yes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The first cut, yes, but the second cut hasn't been made yet, has it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The first cut, yes, but the second cut hasn't been made yet, has it?
    No, there is another cut this week.

I am going to guess that Panda definately makes it through and the wheelchair man does not. And the young girl who was over shadowed by Tara will go through and Tara will not.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-07-2012 at 09:41 AM.

I don't like Tara, or CeCe all that much, based on personalities. But Simon loves these kinds of people. Remember Tiah and Simone and how he just couldn't let go of them?

I like Cece's voice. I don't care much about anything else .She nearly broke down when she spoke about why she should be there.She isn't the tough cookie she wants to come across.I hope he doesn't let her go.Simon knows talent, that much I do know
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Simon picks which judges get which group too. For this year, I predict that Britney will get the Young girls; the other girl judge will get the groups, Simon gets the young boys and L.A. gets the older people. I think that is why L.A. is so outraged in the previews. You know he wanted the young guys or girls. It's very unlikely that a group or older person will win this thing, IMO. They may be just as talented, but they won't get the votes.
    Shoepie likes this.

Which is a shame. Sometimes I wish it wasn't the public that decided who wins. Bring in some actual experts who know what they're doing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think Simon picks which judges get which group too. For this year, I predict that Britney will get the Young girls; the other girl judge will get the groups, Simon gets the young boys and L.A. gets the older people. I think that is why L.A. is so outraged in the previews. You know he wanted the young guys or girls. It's very unlikely that a group or older person will win this thing, IMO. They may be just as talented, but they won't get the votes.
    Demi exclaimed, 'that is exactly the group I wanted!' This made me think she got the young girls. Why would she be excited about groups? That said, you make sense. LA would only be that angry about getting the older group.

I believe it was Simon who commented that Tara's voice was overly trained. I don't think he liked her.

Singers are chosen for their ability to win and/or create drama for entertainment. I don't think Tara can do either.

You may be right about Demi getting the girls, but I'm just trying to get into Simon's head. If he was negotiating a deal with Britney to appear as a coach on the show, I would think that he would offer her the option of being a coach for the young girls. Because of her career as a young girl in music, I would think she would want that. Demi may too, but Britney was paid more money to go on the show. Perhaps they gave Demi the young boys group!

I think that Simon would give the groups most likely to win to Britney and himself.
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You may be right about Demi getting the girls, but I'm just trying to get into Simon's head. If he was negotiating a deal with Britney to appear as a coach on the show, I would think that he would offer her the option of being a coach for the young girls. Because of her career as a young girl in music, I would think she would want that. Demi may too, but Britney was paid more money to go on the show. Perhaps they gave Demi the young boys group!

I think that Simon would give the groups most likely to win to Britney and himself.
    Not sure but I think the groups are by age, not sex. Very young, young, groups and older. It does make sense to give Brittany a choice group; he wants her to stick around. It makes sense that Simon would choose young and give very young to Brit.

Simon was asked in an interview who he liked better, Brit or Demi. The wording may have not been that direct but the meaning was clear. Without so much as a pause he said Brittany.

I am still not sure if Simon does the choosing. I can see a producer giving the two biggest stars on the panel the best groups so the outcome would be the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast