+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 9/13 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Johnny was the first guy who rapped. Jason was the Adam Lambert guy, yeah. He surprised me, too.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Keep in mind the auditions are taped a while back and JK is live or at least taped today....so Brittany may have been better before. I thought that when I saw the show on Wed......how will she be live? If what you say is accurate, then she may not survive the live shows.
    Maybe I should clarify. I thought that she had been doing well and in a better place for at least a couple of years now. From what I saw on the show and Jimmy Kimmel is that all is not well with Britney. She seems "spaced out". I know it's been awhile since she has performed and maybe is uncomfortable just being herself. She seemed to be so bubbly and personable before all her troubles started. I dunno. She is still under conservator ship and is engaged so I just assumed she was stable. I love Simon, but if he is exploiting her if she is not well~~then that is despicable.

Didn't think I'd like Demi but she is adorable from the little I've seen. L.A. is the same. Why does he always wave his pen in front of his face? He should be over the camera-shyness by now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavid
    I would never liken him to Adam. Adam is so much better looking, but Jason is a much better performer. He blew me away!
    A better performer than Adam? I gotta go check that out! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyMare
    I thought he looked like a chubby Adam Lambert
    Oh Fanny you crack me up!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I'm going to guess that Britney is on anxiety medicine and not drugged out. You could tell she was really nervous, but when she spoke, she made sense (unlike Paula). They also end up sitting there, waiting....a lot. From what I've read, they don't parade the acts on stage one right after the other. They have to prepare the music and whatever else it is they do, so they have some downtime. She looked more bored than anything to me. And I have several "druggies" in my family...I'm, unfortunately, familiar with what that looks like up close...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I thought Brit was significantly better on the first episode.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I liked her. Its funny that she would be so nervous. But she didnt act like a diva~ a big plus
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Up until last night I had only watched The Voice which I am really liking even with Christina. lol I did see the first episode of X Factor last night and now will have to watch the 2nd to see Brittney. I thought she was okay on the first episode and based on what you have posted am curious to see how she acts on the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I loved two of the contestants tonight that surprised me One was Jason, who looked a little like Adam Lambert( sorry Adam) but his voice!! and the little girl Carly.What an old soul she was! very very good tonight
    Fanny now you have really sparked my interest because you know I like me some Adam Lambert. I will have to let you know what I think after I check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I agree! Britney was good last night. The show was really good. In fact, I liked it so much more than The Voice, so far. I'm tired of seeing Christina Aguillera (sp?), so I'm enjoying Britney and Demi.
    I had the opposite feeling between the two shows, but in fairness have only seen one of the X Factor and all three of The Voice. I agree about Christina, but then I am not a fan of L.A. so for me they wash each other out. I love Blake Shelton so that helps for me and I have to say both shows seems to have some good talent. My DVR is on overload with all the new shows starting and up against each other.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm going to guess that Britney is on anxiety medicine and not drugged out. You could tell she was really nervous, but when she spoke, she made sense (unlike Paula). They also end up sitting there, waiting....a lot. From what I've read, they don't parade the acts on stage one right after the other. They have to prepare the music and whatever else it is they do, so they have some downtime. She looked more bored than anything to me. And I have several "druggies" in my family...I'm, unfortunately, familiar with what that looks like up close...
    Maybe her anxiety drug dosage is too strong? I do know that she does seem very nervous. When the official announcement came out and she was in front of the media, they noticed that she was always chewing her fingernails. Chewed down to nothing, her hands were a mess. I just want to see her well and maybe she will calm down once she finds her groove and feels more comfortable.

I find it interesting that Simon would hire two girls who have had mental health issues in the past. Demi's were more recent and it's been a few years since Britney had her meltdown. On one hand, every TV show covets that younger demographic so he is smart in getting the girls as judges. Yet, if he is hoping that one has a meltdown(s) for ratings that bugs the heck out of me. Especially since Simon has his own issues. From what he describes it sounds like he may suffer from depression or maybe bi-polar. I just don't want him exploiting others if they are not mentally healthy.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I dont think he believes these girls will have a meltdown.I am not even sure where that comes from He has sort of taken a backseat ( for now) and let them get comfortable I dont know if either of them are on any medications.No more so than Paula, who answers were often uncomfortable to watch, and he was always one of the first, when interviewed, to come to her defense.As for Simon, he suffers with insomnia and has for years, that can lead to depression. But again , that is speculation and I don't know if he suffers with that or not.

I like him on my screen.. AI without him was bland.
    Bet2Win and NEPASue like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast