+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Simon's firing everyone

Simon's firing everyone

According to multiple sources today, Steve Jones, Nicole Scherringer & Paula will not be back next year. Now it he'd only fire himself even I might watch.

FORT Fogey

Re: Simon's firing everyone

Steve Jones has already confirmed he's not back. I think that's a good move. He didn't add anything to the show, and at times was a distraction. A host can't pretend to be in charge of that show with Simon there, and Steve seemed to try. They need someone more dynamic. Nicole I'd completely agree with going too. She seemed too much like Paula to me, and they need some kind of contrast. But I'd be VERY surprised if Paula is not brought back. Simon got so much good press for stepping up to bring her back to a singing talent show ... why would he give that up? Besides, Paula seemed stronger and more normal on X Factor than she ever did on Idol.

FORT Fogey

Steve did say that they got rid of him, Nicole's story is that she needed to spend more time on her music so the impression is that she left....nothing much coming out about why Paula left......but apparently Simon has to put blame somewhere in that the $5000000 prize did not make it bigger than AI. Also hope they tone down the lights and glitz and background singers and costumes and dancers......there was always too much going on that was a distraction to the kid's actual voice and performance....but bigger than life has always been the Simon trade mark
    Debb70 likes this.

According the this Paula is gone.

Paula Abdul Also Not Returning to X Factor! - E! Online

Paula Abdul Also Not Returning to X Factor!

Talk about cleaning house!
    Sources tell E! News that Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones aren't the only ones not coming back to X Factor next season.

Believe it or not, Fox has informed Simon Cowell's longtime friend Paula Abdul she won't be needed for the series' next installment.

"She found out today," says a show source. "At this point, the only ones staying are Simon and L.A. Reid."

Another source confirms to E! News that both Paula and Nicole were not renewed, "Simon wants to take the show in a different direction," says the insider.

Might Paula ultimately be brought in? Is this just a negotiating ploy? Our sources both say no, that they are moving on and, a source says, "the plan is to part ways amicably."
    Nigel Lythgoe was also shocked by the news, tweeting, "Shocked to see Simon has fired Paula Abdul, Nicole and Steve from the X-Factor."
    And then there were two.

Perhaps THE EGO can't look in the mirror & realise that he was the issue. Physician heal thyself!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I didn't really watch X Factor this year unless nothing else was on, but tuned in at the beginning out of curiousity's sake. What I find funny is that they sacked the original judge (Cheryl?) because they didn't feel she was relatable to the audience and that her accent was too hard for people to understand (I know Simon had his version of why she was let go). However, she got better reviews in her two episodes from critics and fans than Nicole, the host was criticized for trying to downplay his accent, and from what I've seen of her on Youtube, I don't find her hard to understand at all. She seemed very nice and sweet. I think she was worth giving a season's shot. She might have won over audiences better than Nicole (whom I never liked) or Paula.

I didn't find X Factor to be worth the year's worth of hype that it received. I was actually pretty surprised that it didn't get the ratings Simon predicted or that the ratings never went up. Not that 11 million is anything to cry over; most networks consider that a success, and I can see why FOX especially thought so. But I have to think Simon was disappointed it didn't even come close to his estimated figure of 20 million. I expect quite a few drastic changes, but I don't know if they'll be the right changes. I hate when shows make it so much about the judges. I could care less if they have a big name or not, and I don't think that'll matter in the ratings, unless they get someone controversial. I think having kids on here is a bad idea. I didn't see that one episode of that young girl who collapsed onstage when she was eliminated, though I saw the clip over and over on various news programs. That's just painful, and I don't know if kids that young are ready for the pressure and rejection a show like this can bring. Again, X Factor wasn't anything spectacular or different than any other talent show. AGT has a live audience, a big stage, live auditions, a variety of ages and acts, and the judges deciding who goes home for several weeks in the beginning out of the bottom 2. Idol is Idol. The Voice has mentors, and I think a better concept with the blind auditions. I didn't like the categories on this show, I think Paula would have been better with either the girls or the overs, and I don't think them gloating about their prize makes their show any more different in concept. Too much on the theatrics. Maybe it works better over in the UK, although I heard the last season over there did pretty badly. I am pretty surprised Paula is gone. I didn't expect that at all. So much for all the hype about Simon and Paula together again. The host was forgettable, but I did feel sorry for him. Maybe he can find a less stressful element elsewhere on TV if he wants a career in the states.
    Debb70 likes this.

I agree with Simon.I dont think Paula enjoyed it as much as she thought she would( from an interview I read on the plane) I am glad he's keeping LA. I think this show was thrown together, the next one will be much better.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The thing is Simon thinks with tunnel vision. His and Paula's chemistry worked on Idol but didn't on XFactor because they were also competing against each other. I'm glad he fired Nicole and that awful host. Nicole was annoying especially the fake crying and not being able to make a decision. But if he brings in Mariah, well I have mixed feelings about that. She did make a good mentor on Idol but she will be like most other judges in that they won't really judge because she will be worried about her fans getting mad at her decisions.

I said I wouldn't watch again, it would depend on who Simon brings on as judges. If it someone I like, then maybe I will. I highly doubt the show will ever gain the popularity of Idol. There are just way too many singing competitions. They do have one advantage and that is the over 30's (groups suck) and that they will put through acts/singers that you will probably not see on Idol. Idol is pretty vanilla and middle america, XFactor is more for those singers outside of the box. I am really looking forward to the Voice tho. Gooo Blake!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I dont mind the Voice But once was enough for me, those silly chairs etc , I dunno.Wasn't the show for me.I havent seen much of AI, I dont care for the stories that go along with the auditions.I caught the last one on last night, and she was only put through because of her story. I look forward to X factor and Simon
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

I do find it amusing with all his conceit, Simon has made SO MANY errors with his baby that would wipe the floor with AI---the X Factor. I never saw Paula and Simon having chemistry"....he made a fool of her repeatedly on AI and by seating her next to him, he continued to do on this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast