+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Simon's firing everyone

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Simon's firing everyone

'X Factor': Britney Spears and Demi Lovato agree to judge show - report - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Neither one has signed on the dotted line, so this could just be a way to keep the show in the news. Interesting choices, if true, but I don't think it'll do much for the show.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Lame.
    karalott likes this.

Britney wouldn't exactly have me grabbing the remote to watch. Her casting just reeks of publicity of a former pop star gone crazy. I don't entirely see her being an effective judge, but I don't think that's a requirement, anyway. Since Christina has become popular from The Voice, they could be hoping for something similar here. Still not sure if the Demi Lovato rumor is true, but she's an odd choice. I've seen bunch of Disney starlets pop up, and I guess I can understand wanting to tap into the younger fanbase. But, like Britney, I don't expect much from her. People may tune in for a potential trainwreck, but I don't think it'll hold viewers interest. Plus, I'm convinced Simon will be looking for a boy band this year given the success of One Direction from the UK version. So let the teeny bopper girls have their phones to text and vote and we already know what the outcome will be To be that age again.

No word yet on who might be hosting. I heard Miley Cyrus's name thrown out, but I kind of doubt that. Aren't they going for two hosts this year? I thought I read Corbin Bleu was originally going to be the host alongside Nicole Scherzinger, but Nicole didn't like him, and they went with Steve Jones. And then Nicole wound up becoming a judge anyway.

You already have a judge from Disney, Britney Spears who was a former Mouseketeer. Now they bring in a 19yo Demi Lovato? I don't even know she existed until I heard the news. And what's a 19yo doing mentoring over 30 contestants? Isn't that a bit awkward? A 19yo isn't old enough to share life experiences and emote them through songs especially when they are coaching the over 30s. She's not even old enough to drink. I don't care if she's from the industry, she doesn't have the clout or qualifications to be a mentor. Simon's bloated ego coming to play here again. The show needs a judge who has been around a while with a reputable background in the music industry, and maybe even revered as icons (i.e. Mariah Carey). They will probably assign the girls to Lovato anyway.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    You already have a judge from Disney, Britney Spears who was a former Mouseketeer. Now they bring in a 19yo Demi Lovato? I don't even know she existed until I heard the news. And what's a 19yo doing mentoring over 30 contestants? Isn't that a bit awkward? A 19yo isn't old enough to share life experiences and emote them through songs especially when they are coaching the over 30s. She's not even old enough to drink. I don't care if she's from the industry, she doesn't have the clout or qualifications to be a mentor. Simon's bloated ego coming to play here again. The show needs a judge who has been around a while with a reputable background in the music industry, and maybe even revered as icons (i.e. Mariah Carey). They will probably assign the girls to Lovato anyway.
    He wants that stupid demographic they all talk about. The judging on these shows sucks. I don't like idol and their three stooges;

AGT, Howard stern gives me hives, stupid egoistical man and now Spears

I will tune in as I like Simon. Idol is soooooooooo boring without him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He wants that stupid demographic they all talk about. The judging on these shows sucks. I don't like idol and their three stooges;

AGT, Howard stern gives me hives, stupid egoistical man and now Spears

I will tune in as I like Simon. Idol is soooooooooo boring without him
    I thought I missed Simon, but watching the show last fall, not so much. On the judging panel, I definitely preferred him to the other 3. I don't mind Paula and am actually surprised she's gone, but LA does nothing for me and I can't stand Nicole. A lot of what I didn't like about last season was the hype surrounding the show as taking over for AI and being the next biggest TV event and all the hype surrounding the prizes and contract. I think it humbled Simon quite a bit that the show didn't exactly catch on. I don't know that it will. Even with Britney and Demi as judges. If they wanted a crazed Britney, they're a few years too late on that. She's still under guardianship, and I don't think her dad would allow her to go on her with the intent of the show making a spectacle of her. Demi Lovato is another story. Hopefully she gets the girls or boys because I can't see her managing the over 30s so well. Simon will probably take the groups this year, since they failed miserably last time, and One Direction is becoming a hit over here (I guess). I won't be surprised at the end of the fall season to find out Britney and/or Demi are getting the boot. Demi just seems like a random choice for the younger crowd, but I think they could have done better.

I'll still be watching, though

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I thought I missed Simon, but watching the show last fall, not so much. On the judging panel, I definitely preferred him to the other 3. I don't mind Paula and am actually surprised she's gone, but LA does nothing for me and I can't stand Nicole. A lot of what I didn't like about last season was the hype surrounding the show as taking over for AI and being the next biggest TV event and all the hype surrounding the prizes and contract. I think it humbled Simon quite a bit that the show didn't exactly catch on. I don't know that it will. Even with Britney and Demi as judges. If they wanted a crazed Britney, they're a few years too late on that. She's still under guardianship, and I don't think her dad would allow her to go on her with the intent of the show making a spectacle of her. Demi Lovato is another story. Hopefully she gets the girls or boys because I can't see her managing the over 30s so well. Simon will probably take the groups this year, since they failed miserably last time, and One Direction is becoming a hit over here (I guess). I won't be surprised at the end of the fall season to find out Britney and/or Demi are getting the boot. Demi just seems like a random choice for the younger crowd, but I think they could have done better.

I'll still be watching, though
    He did say( Simon) that he got it all wrong last season.I will tune , as I am a glutton for punishment- to see what he does this season.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He did say( Simon) that he got it all wrong last season.I will tune , as I am a glutton for punishment- to see what he does this season.
    Yeah, I half-tuned out last season, but still caught up later online. I didn't really care about any of the acts last season, except Astro, and I'm usually not big on the egotistical teeny boppers. Go out and prove yourself and start raking in the cash and then get an ego. But he had the talent, and I can't deny that rapping is a skill. Did the winner ever release an album? I had heard they weren't going to rush it and take their time. But I've heard more about the second and third place guys than I have about her (Melanie I think it was?)

I'll tune in, too. It's a bad guilty pleasure, but I think Britney will be entertaining, even if she's boring. So much like AGT hooked me with Howard Stern, I guess casting Britney worked for now for X. I'm wondering who they'll get as a host. And they're doing a co-host, too. I think the one host format works better, but then that's after a few seasons of watching Brooke on DWTS.

Maybe they could take Brooke ?

No, that wouldn't work Even if she was a tad better this season.
    -Andy Rooney-

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Anyone else have tickets to see the XFactor auditions this year?
    I have free tickets to the Greensboro NC auditions.
    I am hoping that Britney & Demi won't be there and that someone else will be filling in...
    Should be interesting anyways. I'm looking forward to seeing Simon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast