+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Simon's firing everyone

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Simon's firing everyone

Personally, I think Simon has the wrong approach in trying to go after big names and think that'll boost the ratings. I would be very surprised for The X Factor to ever realistically reach his 20 million viewer goal, because there's too much competition on the airwaves already. X isn't any different and adds nothing new that we can't get on Idol or The Voice or even America's Got Talent. Even if the winner or one of the runners up/finalists go on to become a huge superstar I don't think it'll boost the ratings. I would also be surprised to see someone in the caliber of Janet Jackson or Fergie to do the show. Why do they need it and want to be associated with a train wreck? Granted, I never thought I would see the day JLo and Steven Tyler judged a singing competition, but I guess there's exceptions to the rule. And it's not like their presence has kept Idol's ratings. People may tune in for the curiousity factor but that likely won't last. I don't really know what Simon could do to help his show, but I think it's more than the judges and hosts.

FORT Fogey

I read it as desperation on Simon's part. He is determined to beat out AI and concentrates on that rather than objectively making XF the best show it can be
    karalott likes this.

Simon knows what he is doing. Of course he wants to beat AI, just like the Voice does( or is)

I wish he would bring some judges over from the UK.
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

He's being a judge on Britain's Got Talent again.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    He's being a judge on Britain's Got Talent again.
    Yes , they are up against The Voice over there. I doubt he's given much thought to X factor here .
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Oh god...Brittany Spears 15 mil. Does he realize that she is not that popular?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Didn't Simon decide not to bring Britney in afterall?

FORT Fogey

I heard that it was on ,then off and now back on.

I heard there is a dollar dispute .They were saying that Tyler and Jennifer get 20 million or close to that , so Spears would like the same. Right, like she is worth that much! For that matter the other two are not worth that much. So much money for so little work
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't see why Simon is attracted to people who've had the "crazy" label attached to their name. I can see why, given Brit's past antics and somewhat controversial nature, that he'd hope she'd bring in the ratings and do something crazy and zany. But I don't think it'll happen. I'm over judges as these shows as it is. I don't really care if it's some huge, legit, big name ho knows their stuff, or a virtual unknown that has no credibility. It's not going to matter in the end. I'm curious what other format changes, if any, Simon goes ahead with. Last year seemed all hype and nothing unique and different. Watching the interviews with Simon and company was pitiful when they were trying to justify why they were so much different from their counterparts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast