+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Finale Results *** SPOILERS ***

Re: Finale Results *** SPOILERS ***

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I don't think one of these screamy diva types have ever won AI? Or any other show that I've watched. But Simon has been trying for years, including stacking the deck a few times on AI.
    I only started watching AI in Season 4. However, I've heard that Jennifer Hudson's season was packed with these types and that's one of the reasons she was booted off early; they were splitting the votes. Talk about having the last laugh.

So I was pretty sure Melanie would find a way to win on this one. I wish her well, but I would never in a million years buy her music (or any other screamy/screechy diva type).
    Same here. I got over my Whitney love many years ago, and I have never, ever liked Celine or Mariah. Won't spend money on any of their clones, either.

Chris should probably have won because he is the better performer, even though his singing is weak. But listening to Justin Beiber (accidentally caught some it when I flipped back too quick), singing well isn't a pre-requisite for becoming a star.
    That's what I'm thinking. As much as I loved Josh's voice, I will admit that he was hampered by a lack of stage presence. Chris had the whole package: likability, creativity (mixing rap with music, singing his own songs), and confidence on the stage. And yeah, you're right. You no longer have to be a great singer to be a star. As long as you appeal to some segment of the population (like tween girls), TPTB will find a way to market you.

Josh was my favorite, but I knew he didn't have a chance to win. I hope he goes on to some kind of career. I don't think you need a 5 million dollar record deal or to be a superstar to have a good life doing what you love to do and getting paid fairly well to do it
    Amen. Josh has a great voice but just needs some polishing and real mentoring. I hope somebody will give him that so he can have a nice career, even if he never becomes a mega-star.

Scotty is doing very well. He is the youngest male artist to have his CD enter the charts at #1 and also the first country artist to top the charts with his #1. He just won best new artist of 2011 or some such award. He had two records on the top 10 country charts, both went to #1 I think. His CD so far has sold about 750K.
    I'm glad. Even though I'm not a country fan, I hope he does well because he is such a nice young man.

I think the winner of the voice (can't remember his name) was another one that the show was pushing and he has already had a chance or two and didn't catch on.
    Javier was the guy on The Voice. Nice guy, sympathetic story with his young kids. (Yeah, he had been dropped by his old label, but to be fair, half the contestants on that show had had prior experience). I remember people here at FORT raving about him after his audition, when he did this fanciful rendition of "Time After Time" that I hated. I had a feeling he would win after that. Either I've gotten good at predicting these shows or the shows have become way too predictable. Guess which theory I lean towards?

I think a lot of people (myself included) just enjoy the comptetion aspect of these shows and once it's over you tend to forget about the contestants for the most part.
    Bingo! I totally agree.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I don't think one of these screamy diva types have ever won AI? Or any other show that I've watched. But Simon has been trying for years, including stacking the deck a few times on AI. So I was pretty sure Melanie would find a way to win on this one. I wish her well, but I would never in a million years buy her music (or any other screamy/screechy diva type). Chris should probably have won because he is the better performer, even though his singing is weak. But listening to Justin Beiber (accidentally caught some it when I flipped back too quick), singing well isn't a pre-requisite for becoming a star. Josh was my favorite, but I knew he didn't have a chance to win. I hope he goes on to some kind of career. I don't think you need a 5 million dollar record deal or to be a superstar to have a good life doing what you love to do and getting paid fairly well to do it
    Scotty is doing very well. He is the youngest male artist to have his CD enter the charts at #1 and also the first country artist to top the charts with his #1. He just won best new artist of 2011 or some such award. He had two records on the top 10 country charts, both went to #1 I think. His CD so far has sold about 750K.

I think the winner of the voice (can't remember his name) was another one that the show was pushing and he has already had a chance or two and didn't catch on. There was another show on CMT and I liked the guy who won but haven't seen anything about him since then either (can't remember his name now to tell you the truth).

I think a lot of people (myself included) just enjoy the comptetion aspect of these shows and once it's over you tend to forget about the contestants for the most part.
    Fantasia won.= screaming Diva
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I have to admit, you took that so well!!! I was watching it last night and when they announced your boy took 3rd I was thinking "oh no, poor BSL will not be pleased". But I agree with you that he will be a success

Admittedly, it hit me in the gut...lol...but I got over it the moment I remembered Chris Daughtry and Adam Lambert. I hope Chris Rene finds the same level of success. Like someone else mentioned in an earlier thread / post, he just looks so comfortable out there, connecting wtih his audience etc. Like he's been at it for years. I hope for the best for Josh also. Although I do think he looked a little lost out there this week. Nerves maybe...either way, I hope he does well too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont think she won that way ...she was likable, she had a good voice. I think all three will do well.

Kudos to Melanie she won..

Kudos to the guys they also won

What a great Christmas gift!
    I agree with you. I think Melanie won because she has a beautiful voice. They should all be proud to have made it to the top 3 over so many contestants. I am sure that they will all do fine. Other shows have shown that you don't have to win to go on and have a successful career. Everyone has different tastes and I think it is a question of who picks up the phone or whatever method they choose to vote. Congratulations to Melanie for coming in first and yes what a great Christmas gift!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I don't think one of these screamy diva types have ever won AI? Or any other show that I've watched. But Simon has been trying for years, including stacking the deck a few times on AI. So I was pretty sure Melanie would find a way to win on this one. I wish her well, but I would never in a million years buy her music (or any other screamy/screechy diva type). Chris should probably have won because he is the better performer, even though his singing is weak. But listening to Justin Beiber (accidentally caught some it when I flipped back too quick), singing well isn't a pre-requisite for becoming a star. Josh was my favorite, but I knew he didn't have a chance to win. I hope he goes on to some kind of career. I don't think you need a 5 million dollar record deal or to be a superstar to have a good life doing what you love to do and getting paid fairly well to do it

I think the winner of the voice (can't remember his name) was another one that the show was pushing and he has already had a chance or two and didn't catch on. There was another show on CMT and I liked the guy who won but haven't seen anything about him since then either (can't remember his name now to tell you the truth).

I meant to reply with quote, but it posted at end and I am trying to get rid of it. LOL

Not sure if you are talking about Nashville Star. Chris Young won that and is doing fine. Chris Young had a winning night as he not only performed his recent #1 smash “Voices”, but was honored by being awarded Single Of The Year for the song and Breakthrough Artist Of The Year at the American Country Awards. The show, which aired live on FOX, is fan voted, making the award especially meaningful.

The winner of The Voice was Javier Colon.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Admittedly, it hit me in the gut...lol...but I got over it the moment I remembered Chris Daughtry and Adam Lambert. I hope Chris Rene finds the same level of success. Like someone else mentioned in an earlier thread / post, he just looks so comfortable out there, connecting wtih his audience etc. Like he's been at it for years. I hope for the best for Josh also. Although I do think he looked a little lost out there this week. Nerves maybe...either way, I hope he does well too.
    I sure agree with you when it comes to Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry. I thought Chris Rene was a very nice guy and knew how to entertain the crowd I just wish his vocals were a little better. He was very popular and I am sure he will do great!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I personally feel that Simon was far more interested in getting himself a POP Princess...one of the young girls. Drew appeared to me the chosen one, and I could not figure out why
    I felt the same way about Drew and then when I heard Leona Lewis perform I think she reminded me of what he was trying to do with Drew. Not in looks, but singing style.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I felt the same way about Drew and then when I heard Leona Lewis perform I think she reminded me of what he was trying to do with Drew. Not in looks, but singing style.
    I think Leona Lewis is great!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Other than the Simon connection, I find absolutely nothing similar between Drew and Leona. I can pick Leona's singing voice out of a crowded field... Drew's too. And for the record, I'm not a fan of either (not a hater, just not a fan).
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I meant to reply with quote, but it posted at end and I am trying to get rid of it. LOL

Not sure if you are talking about Nashville Star. Chris Young won that and is doing fine. Chris Young had a winning night as he not only performed his recent #1 smash “Voices”, but was honored by being awarded Single Of The Year for the song and Breakthrough Artist Of The Year at the American Country Awards. The show, which aired live on FOX, is fan voted, making the award especially meaningful.
    No, Not Chris Young. He is the only winner of Nashville Star to have a career post show, I think (with the exception of Miranda Lambert who came in 3rd on her season.). I didn't watch every year, so I could be wrong about that.

The one I was trying to think of was CMT's Next Superstar - winner Matt Mason. I can't say whether he's had any records out or not but I don't recall hearing anything (I listen to country most of the time, but I don't watch CMT very often).
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast