+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Finale Results *** SPOILERS ***

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Finale Results *** SPOILERS ***

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Oh my God, nooooo, not Chris.....! But at the same time, yes!!! He will be a success! And at 8 months clean, he already is a success! Best of successes to you my boy!!
    I have to admit, you took that so well!!! I was watching it last night and when they announced your boy took 3rd I was thinking "oh no, poor BSL will not be pleased". But I agree with you that he will be a success
    bee stung lips likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    Melanie's got a good voice - but she just doesnt have the X Factor. Am hoping this is for Josh what Idol was for Chris Daughtry or Jennifer Hudson. I think Melanie would make a great back-up singer. Josh is unique - he doesn't sound like everybody else.
    I can't see Melanie being a backup singer. Her ego wouldn't allow it Plus I just don't think she is suited for that. She belongs out front. She's got a fantastic voice - regardless of what I think of her personality.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Woohoo for Astro performing with 50 cent!
    I think he was thrilled!! he sounded great

Kudos to Melanie. She does have alot of talent. Her voice always gave me chills. As did Josh when he sings. I didn't watch, couldn't watch. I was sort of hoping Josh would take it, but than Nicholle would be all smug about it. That is a shame. I wonder how many votes went one way or the other because the person did not like the mentor.

I do agree that all 3 are going to get contracts. Let's hope they make the most of the opportunity.

Wow...so amazed that America keeps voting the same types of singers on all these types of shows. Am I the only one tired of the oversaturation of pop divas out there? I can't be...I"m sure Melanie's a sweet girl, but I just didn't think she did anything on this show to separate herself from zillions of other artists out there just like her. Move over Christina Aguilera - the pop diva market just got a little more crowded. I don't find Melanie's personality particularly likeable either. I kept getting the feeling that she had a sense of entitlement on this show, more than likely born out of the fact that Simon brought her back on the show in such a dramatic fashion. Maybe she won by design - i.e., Simon's design. He brings her back and make a big to do over how he wronged her by sending her home in the first placem and then, BINGO, she takes the five million dollar contract home? Hmm...fishy much? Ok, I'm grasping at straws, and I'm normally not one given to conspiracy theories, still...

Anyway, Josh, Chris, your ready made fan bases are awaiting your success, which will both be (hopefully) of Daughtry-esque porportions.
    I don't think it was wrigged. We've had this discussion about AI, and somebody wrote how the producers could go to jail if they actually did rig their show (think the game show scandal of the 50's). However, that doesn't mean that they can't manipulate things. Simon's little stunt with Melanie is a classic example. No way he would have let such a great voice go in the first place. I bet he did it just to make her firmly stick in people's minds and to give her a sympathetic story to match Chris's. It sure worked a treat.

And preach it, sister, about the sameness of winners on these shows. It's not just this one. This virus has spread to all of them. AI hasn't had a decent winner since David Cook. Since then the winners have been bland, middle-of-the-road guys who quickly sank out of sight. (Admittedly, I'm not a country fan, so I don't know how Scotty is doing. I just know that I haven't heard hardly anything about him since he won in the spring.) Even on my favorite, The Voice, the winner was the same type of nice guy, even though there were three other contestants in the finale who were more creative and certainly had more vibrant personalities. It's like America votes with it's heart for the guy/girl-next-door, then quickly forgets about them by the time they produce an album a few months later.

Now I feel depressed after talking about all this. Maybe there's no hope for these shows anymore.

Forgot to add: As soon as they announced Chris's departure, I knew the winner would be Melanie. I just felt it in my bones. If America could be so silly as to let a bright star like Chris end up with a measly third, then I knew there was no way they would let Josh win. Here's to Chris and Josh reaching the stratosphere like Daughtry and my other favorite non-winner, Adam Lambert. I'll wait for them!
    Last edited by Babbred; 12-23-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    And preach it, sister, about the sameness of winners on these shows. It's not just this one. This virus has spread to all of them. AI hasn't had a decent winner since David Cook. Since then the winners have been bland, middle-of-the-road guys who quickly sank out of sight. (Admittedly, I'm not a country fan, so I don't know how Scotty is doing. I just know that I haven't heard hardly anything about him since he won in the spring.) Even on my favorite, The Voice, the winner was the same type of nice guy, even though there were three other contestants in the finale who were more creative and certainly had more vibrant personalities. It's like America votes with it's heart for the guy/girl-next-door, then quickly forgets about them by the time they produce an album a few months later.
    I don't think one of these screamy diva types have ever won AI? Or any other show that I've watched. But Simon has been trying for years, including stacking the deck a few times on AI. So I was pretty sure Melanie would find a way to win on this one. I wish her well, but I would never in a million years buy her music (or any other screamy/screechy diva type). Chris should probably have won because he is the better performer, even though his singing is weak. But listening to Justin Beiber (accidentally caught some it when I flipped back too quick), singing well isn't a pre-requisite for becoming a star. Josh was my favorite, but I knew he didn't have a chance to win. I hope he goes on to some kind of career. I don't think you need a 5 million dollar record deal or to be a superstar to have a good life doing what you love to do and getting paid fairly well to do it
    Scotty is doing very well. He is the youngest male artist to have his CD enter the charts at #1 and also the first country artist to top the charts with his #1. He just won best new artist of 2011 or some such award. He had two records on the top 10 country charts, both went to #1 I think. His CD so far has sold about 750K.

I think the winner of the voice (can't remember his name) was another one that the show was pushing and he has already had a chance or two and didn't catch on. There was another show on CMT and I liked the guy who won but haven't seen anything about him since then either (can't remember his name now to tell you the truth).

I think a lot of people (myself included) just enjoy the comptetion aspect of these shows and once it's over you tend to forget about the contestants for the most part.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I'll bet the boys did split votes. That's how Melanie won.
    Don't see why they would have split votes - there is a world of difference between the two of them.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Am I the only one tired of the oversaturation of pop divas out there? I can't be...I"m sure Melanie's a sweet girl, but I just didn't think she did anything on this show to separate herself from zillions of other artists out there just like her. Move over Christina Aguilera - the pop diva market just got a little more crowded. I don't find Melanie's personality particularly likeable either. I kept getting the feeling that she had a sense of entitlement on this show, more than likely born out of the fact that Simon brought her back on the show in such a dramatic fashion. Maybe she won by design - i.e., Simon's design. He brings her back and make a big to do over how he wronged her by sending her home in the first placem and then, BINGO, she takes the five million dollar contract home? Hmm...fishy much? Ok, I'm grasping at straws, and I'm normally not one given to conspiracy theories, still...
    Even ONE pop diva is too many in my opinion.

Of course she won by Simon's design. I'm not saying it was "rigged," but you can bet Simon made sure he got his pop diva that he tried for years on AI to get without success.

FORT Fogey

I personally feel that Simon was far more interested in getting himself a POP Princess...one of the young girls. Drew appeared to me the chosen one, and I could not figure out why

Congratulations to Melanie!!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked all 3 of the finalists and I was annoyed on Wednesday night with being torn but, in the end, I had to give my votes to who I felt was the best thruout the entire competition and that is her from her very first audition. I honestly do not think there is anything diva about her, she's incredibly talented but she is humble, she gives thanks and praise to God and I bet she is someone who I would instantly feel comfortable around and want to be friends with. Her voice is amazing and her singing touched me every time, she gave me chills... all that being said I can't wait to buy hers, Joshs' and Chris' albums, they were all so very different but so so great!
    mustang03gt and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast