+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Finale Results *** SPOILERS ***

Re: Finale Results *** SPOILERS ***

Melanie's got a good voice - but she just doesnt have the X Factor. Am hoping this is for Josh what Idol was for Chris Daughtry or Jennifer Hudson. I think Melanie would make a great back-up singer. Josh is unique - he doesn't sound like everybody else.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Thanks for the updates, no longer interested in watching tonight. Hoped Chris or Josh would win since they brought originality to their final songs last night, Melanie totally karaoked the Beyonce song last night. Since middle America mostly watches this show not surprised by the results. Good luck to the producers trying to recoup the 5 mil, the type of singer Melanie is, is not whats selling today.
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Bee Stung Lips, you got me thinking. What do you want to bet that if they had a vote right now, Josh would win??? I wonder if Josh and Chris split some votes. You aren't the only one I've heard from who likes Josh and Chris. There was even a sign in the audience last night that had Chris' name on one side, and Josh's on the other.
    I'll bet the boys did split votes. That's how Melanie won.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Wow...so amazed that America keeps voting the same types of singers on all these types of shows. Am I the only one tired of the oversaturation of pop divas out there? I can't be...I"m sure Melanie's a sweet girl, but I just didn't think she did anything on this show to separate herself from zillions of other artists out there just like her. Move over Christina Aguilera - the pop diva market just got a little more crowded. I don't find Melanie's personality particularly likeable either. I kept getting the feeling that she had a sense of entitlement on this show, more than likely born out of the fact that Simon brought her back on the show in such a dramatic fashion. Maybe she won by design - i.e., Simon's design. He brings her back and make a big to do over how he wronged her by sending her home in the first placem and then, BINGO, she takes the five million dollar contract home? Hmm...fishy much? Ok, I'm grasping at straws, and I'm normally not one given to conspiracy theories, still...

Anyway, Josh, Chris, your ready made fan bases are awaiting your success, which will both be (hopefully) of Daughtry-esque porportions.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 12-22-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Babycakee and Babbred like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I dont think she won that way ...she was likable, she had a good voice. I think all three will do well.

Kudos to Melanie she won..

Kudos to the guys they also won

What a great Christmas gift!
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Woohoo for Astro performing with 50 cent!
    Babycakee and Fanny Mare like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, at least the audience noise wasn't as bad as it was the previous night. I think the best part of the whole evening was when young Rachel Crow totally outshined the host and hopefully showed the producers how it should be done. Someone is obviously feeding this guy his lines because when Melanie won, he kept asking her the same question over and over. He absolutely had no idea what to do when she didn't answer.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Wow...so amazed that America keeps voting the same types of singers on all these types of shows. Am I the only one tired of the oversaturation of pop divas out there? I can't be...I"m sure Melanie's a sweet girl, but I just didn't think she did anything on this show to separate herself from zillions of other artists out there just like her. Move over Christina Aguilera - the pop diva market just got a little more crowded. I don't find Melanie's personality particularly likeable either. I kept getting the feeling that she had a sense of entitlement on this show, more than likely born out of the fact that Simon brought her back on the show in such a dramatic fashion. Maybe she won by design - i.e., Simon's design. He brings her back and make a big to do over how he wronged her by sending her home in the first placem and then, BINGO, she takes the five million dollar contract home? Hmm...fishy much? Ok, I'm grasping at straws, and I'm normally not one given to conspiracy theories, still...

Anyway, Josh, Chris, your ready made fan bases are awaiting your success, which will both be (hopefully) of Daughtry-esque porportions.
    I don't think the show was rigged at all (which I don't think you're implying), but I do think Simon did initially "reject" Melanie with the intent of a good story, at the very least. Or I guess it's possible that he thought she needed a kick in the butt like that to make her work harder or maybe he may have seen a sense of entitlement in her also. But he had to know that she would be very appealing to many who watch the show. It didn't make sense that he kicked her to the curb initially. But I also had to wonder why the other judges wanted him to bring her back. Or did they really? He's the boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Well, at least the audience noise wasn't as bad as it was the previous night. I think the best part of the whole evening was when young Rachel Crow totally outshined the host and hopefully showed the producers how it should be done. Someone is obviously feeding this guy his lines because when Melanie won, he kept asking her the same question over and over. He absolutely had no idea what to do when she didn't answer.
    Rachel Crow should he the host!..she is a cute as can be...she will be the most successful!
    I am betting that Simon or L.A. will sign Josh & Chris.....they are both talented and now that they have been "exposed" to America hopefully they will have built enough of a fanbase to get them "sales"...the benefit to winning the big prize is the "over exposure" factor....It will be interesting to watch how these careers change and progress.....
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

I will say that I liked that the three were totally different......and all three had talent.

There are different levels of an entertainment career. Simon seems to push the fill up the stadium "recording artist" and even in all the years of AI, they rarely if ever had three people in a season who could do that. That being said, AI has had seasons where several people have been able to make a living performing and that is a good thing.

So the top three and a few others may be given the privilege of being an entertainer and I wish all of them the best
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast