+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Finale Show 12/21 * Spoliers*

Re: Finale Show 12/21 * Spoliers*

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    No kidding, I am beyond tired of hearing about it. The story is getting old. My dh said to me last night, "so what, and what is going to happen to him with fame and without the show keeping an eye on him so to speak?" I hope he keeps clean and sober, but please move on to talking about something else.
    I didnt like it when they trotted out people he was with in rehab. They looked very uncomfortable to me .OTOH perhaps he looks at them as family.What do I know.

While I started the season totally on Josh's bandwagon and up until 2 weeks ago he was my pick to win it.. Chris Rene has slowly won me over. After last nights performances I wish Chris would win. His charismatic personality and very talented song writing lead me to believe he is the one deserving of winning the 5 G's. I'm not and never was a fan of Melanie; her voice is fantastic but and she deserved to be in the finale but her music just isn't my cup of tea. There are many singers just like her.. nothing new or unique enough to set her apart, IMHO. Good luck to them all on their future endeavors!!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by toddw View Post
    Yahoo just named this in their top 10 worst tv shows of 2011:

(3) "The X Factor"

"Congratulations, Simon: Your new show makes "American Idol" look like a humble small-town talent show. From its magical-X-hurtling-through-outer-space opening to the bombastic opera music that introduces the contestants, "Factor" is ridiculously overblown to the power of ten. Unfortunately for you, Simon, all that grandiosity is masking the fact that you haven't found a single compelling talent this season that even comes close to meriting a $5 million recording contract. "Factor" is all sizzle, no steak. Oh, and you made a 13-year-old girl collapse in tears on national TV. Bravo! "

Pretty funny
    Really nitpicky point here, but...that music you here at the beginning isn't from an opera. Unfortunately, it's been done to death by everybody who wants a dramatic entrance/exit, so it's losing its power. Other than that, I agree that this show is way too overblown and bombastic.

No compelling talent? I think either Chris or Josh deserve to win. I was a big fan of Josh from the beginning, but Chris has really grown on me, too, especially since he started performing songs other than rap. And of the three last night, I have to say that Chris was probably the best. He looked totally comfortable up there with Avril, as if he were a pro already just hanging out with a friend. LA was right that Josh looked and sounded nervous with Alanis so it was only ok. Both of the guys did really well on their second songs, though, so who knows who will win it? I just hope it's not Melanie.

Speaking of which, totally agree with Melanie's clothing. That second dress was just ugly. I love whoever called it a mermaid dress. That is so true!

As for next season, I probably won't watch. As I said the night of Rachel's exit, I have no desire to see kids get tortured anymore. I also don't like how the singers get drowned in these big production numbers, not to mention applause. I also think the judges are worthless; I have lost all respect for Simon because of his bad choices, never really cared for Paula, Nicole is worse than useless. The only one I remotely like is LA, and even that's on-again, off-again. I don't like the judges on American Idol, either, but since they're not actively involved with the contestants, it doesn't really matter. And that's why the Lord invented FF, anyway.

I don't have a problem with celebrity mentoring, but I think it was done far more effectively on The Voice. Those judges really seemed to care about their contestants, and they sure as heck guided their mentees into better song choices.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    I have loved Chris & Josh from the get go...I think Josh's nerves got the best of him last night, and when the 3 of them were on stage doing the Michael Jackson piece, he seemed to be "out of place".

When Chris performs he lights up the stage, even if is singing is "off" HIS PRESENCE and ENERGY shine through..you can't help but love the guy. Josh has a similar presence, but still seems a bit "out of place" at times.

Melanie will go on to greater things..she has a set of pipes that are truly AMAZING...BUT BUT BUT ...I for one don;'t enjoy her "presence" on stage, or her delivery of the song...standing in one place in front of the mic...delivering the goods....I am sure she will get a gig in Vegas....

Hoping for a Chris victory (but Josh winning is okay too!)
    I can help it! He just doesn't appeal to me at all. I can't stand the attitude posing that so many in his genre do (like the facial expressions and the stuff with the arms). And even though Bee Stung Lips explained that the "uh" sounds that are interjected in the songs are supposed to show that they're feeling it, it just sounds like they got punched in the gut or they're feeling sick to their stomach. It just doesn't sound realistic. Nobody I talk to says "uh" in the middle of a sentence unless they don't know what their next word is going to be. But to each his own. Some favor Josh, some favor Melanie, and some favor Chris. One thing I can say in favor of this final 3 is that at least they're all different. AI's all-country finale last season was boring. Or I assume it was - I didn't watch, since I'm not a country fan.
    JohnnyK likes this.

I found the show boring, and I find myself not caring who wins. Josh has been my favorite, but I told DH (who hasn't watched the show all season) that Josh didn't do what he needed to do to win it. DH thought he did great and was the best of the three. Well, yeah, but that's not saying much. I like Chris' performance ability, but not his singing. I know that actually being able to sing these days isn't very important, so I would say he is probably the most marketable. I hate to see what is going to happen to him as far as staying clean if he does get the $5 million, but maybe he's committed. I hope so. Melanie, I muted the tv during her last song. I know Simon has been trying for years to get America to vote for a screechy woman, but just not my cup of tea. And for some reason, Melanie just isn't that likeable to me. I'm also sick of hearing how she was cut and brought back to the show. Doesn't she realize yet that was a total set up?

I haven't decided if I'm going to watch tonight or not. Probably, since I have this much time invested in it, but I'm not all that interested truthfully.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Regular

Wow!! Chris Rene's Young Homie is #42 in Top Songs for download in iTunes, Where Do We Go From Here is #175. Melanie and Josh are not even on the list. Amazing for Chris. I knew win or lose he will be big.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang View Post
    Wow!! Chris Rene's Young Homie is #42 in Top Songs for download in iTunes, Where Do We Go From Here is #175. Melanie and Josh are not even on the list. Amazing for Chris. I knew win or lose he will be big.
    Yeah!!! GO CHRIS!!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang View Post
    Lil Bit and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234