+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Finale Show 12/21 * Spoliers*

FORT Regular

Re: Finale Show 12/21 * Spoliers*

Overall, it was a good finale, albeit very noisy. The constant screaming of the fans gave me a headache, I can just imagine what it was like live. The 3 finalists singing with Avril, RKelly and Alanis didn't help them any. They all sounded tentative and flat, you really could tell that they were nervous. The second part however was quite entertaining. I am happy that Josh sang his audition song, At Last. Amazing performance as always. As well, so happy to hear a longer version of Chris Rene's Young Homie. I thought Chris' performance was the most entertaining and got people up on their feet, heck, even Simon was swaying and bopping. This guy is truly an ultimate artist and performer, his energy is infectious. Simon was right, Young Homie is Chris' $5 million dollar song - win or lose, this song will bring him lots and lots of money.

Melanie undoubtedly the best singer in the group gave an outstanding performance but like her other performances, she just doesn't connect with me. And yes, who dresses her? She is only 22 but looks more like in her 30's. Her clothes are very unflattering.

No matter who wins, these 3 will get record deals. But of the 3, I predict that Chris Rene will be big because he is very current, he is more commercial, his music has soul - a very talented young man. I will definitely buy his albums, will also buy Josh's albums. Not for Melanie though because I have enough Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Whitney Houston music in my collection.
    bee stung lips and Babycakee like this.

I have loved Chris & Josh from the get go...I think Josh's nerves got the best of him last night, and when the 3 of them were on stage doing the Michael Jackson piece, he seemed to be "out of place".

When Chris performs he lights up the stage, even if is singing is "off" HIS PRESENCE and ENERGY shine through..you can't help but love the guy. Josh has a similar presence, but still seems a bit "out of place" at times.

Melanie will go on to greater things..she has a set of pipes that are truly AMAZING...BUT BUT BUT ...I for one don;'t enjoy her "presence" on stage, or her delivery of the song...standing in one place in front of the mic...delivering the goods....I am sure she will get a gig in Vegas....

Hoping for a Chris victory (but Josh winning is okay too!)
    bee stung lips and Babycakee like this.

I thought they all did so well .I think they were all really nervous.Chris started off key and pitchy with his first song,it sounded dreadful, but after that he was fine.Everytime I think Melanie will win, Josh does really well and then Chris does great as well. I dont know who will win. I would say Melanie, but I am not so sure as I was.I wouldnt buy any music from any of them, so it doesn't matter to me who wins. They will all be recording and have had great exposure

The stage is too big and busy.The crowd is too loud. I dont know if I will watch again( probably) .I didn't care for the Voice that much and AI I stopped watching due to their judges.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

As much as I have loved Josh from the start and hoped he would win and often times even wanted him to win... he does not have "The X Factor". He has no je ne sais quoi. He doesn't smile when he performs... he doesn't come alive when he performs... he doesn't "perform". Yes, he moves around the stage and plays instruments but he seems to just sing. He seems downright (dare I say) uncomfortable. Especially last night in both of his finale performances as well as the group performance(s). He didn't/doesn't seem at ease on the stage... but he's been performing for so many years that you absolutely 100% know that he is at ease on a stage, performing in front of people. Is it that he's put too much pressure on himself? I don't know but as much as I would have wanted, and early on did want Josh to win, the past few weeks (especially last night in the finale performances) he showed me nothing.

I was an early fan of Melanie but somewhere along the way my opinion of her went from "wow, she's really got some talent!!!" to "holy moly, what a fricken diva". Did she start believing her own press? I don't know but as much as I know she's a super talented singer the diva attitude has completely turned me off. She does seem to love singing and admittedly, to me, she has more of "The X Factor" than Josh. That being said, however, I wouldn't buy / download anything she put out and there's only a 50/50 chance I wouldn't change the station if she came on the radio.

I've never been a Chris Rene fan. Never understood how he made it each step of the way except to think his backstory is what has connected with the voters. I can't see how that, alone, has kept the public voting for him week after week after week. BeeStungLips, I know he's your boy and you want him to win and that's great. I'm just not on the bandwagon or the Chris-Rene-Love-Train. Never have been and never will be but I do have to admit he has an infectious energy and of the three finalists is the best performer. He's happy on stage, he comes alive on stage, he has fun and it comes across well. Of the three finalists he may have more of "The X Factor", that "certain something" than the other two.

I loved The X Factor shows from the UK... I've not been overwhelmed/impressed with The X Factor in the US. First and foremost, Steve Jones is a terrible host. Just terrible. If they don't replace him next season, it would be a stupid stupid move. The sniping between the judges really turns me off. I get that Paula is "Paula" (which, in my book, translates to a whole host of negative things) but Nicole has been as useless as I expected (though, she can, at times, look downright, drop-dead, stop-traffic gorgeous). Simon is just "Simon" and you either love him or hate him... I mean how many viewers can honestly say they don't have an opinion of him. He's polarizing. LA Reid is the only one that came in with some actual credibility but some of the moves he's made, some of the comments he's made, have left me going "huh???".

I didn't cast a single vote this season but I did watch every episode (except the one where Rachel was voted off... not interested in witnessing her exaggerated meltdown). Will I be back next season? Eh, probably so. I like most of the reality-competition singing shows and I do love me some Simon Cowell hahahahahahahahaah
    bee stung lips and Fanny Mare like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I wish Josh would have done one of his orginal songs but rumor has it that the company that owns X-Factor would own part of the rights to the song. Even though Josh thought about it for whatever reason he decided not too. Josh was the only one of the three that drastically changed his audition song. He did an awesome job! Should he had? It definitely showed his versatility but, might had hurt him in the long run because many people relate to the Etta James version. I hope he wins he is an awesome song writer. He has some great songs that other people have posted up on the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305 View Post
    I wish Josh would have done one of his original songs but rumor has it that the company that owns X-Factor would own part of the rights to the song. Even though Josh thought about it for whatever reason he decided not too. Josh was the only one of the three that drastically changed his audition song. He did an awesome job! Should he had? It definitely showed his versatility but, might had hurt him in the long run because many people relate to the Etta James version. I hope he wins he is an awesome song writer. He has some great songs that other people have posted up on the tube.
    Perhaps Josh's niche is his songwriting. I am not so sure he loves being in front of the camera.As for if versatility, that's what I love about him.But those that dont like his style wont vote for him, and Josh fans will.With all three being so very different, I dont think their fans are going to be swayed at this point. I will record the last 30 minutes, as with AI these finales are ridiculously too long

I have been critical of Melanie since she started running her mouth, but she shut me up last night. I think she was the star of the show. I like all three that are left, but I really think Melanie did a little better last night.

Chris is a nice guy, but I'm not into his music at all. I'm sure it's fine for the younger kids.

I like Josh a lot. He's good, but not great IMO.

I won't be bothered with whoever wins, but I hope it's Melanie, even though she does need an attitude adjustment. LOL
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have been critical of Melanie since she started running her mouth, but she shut me up last night. I think she was the star of the show. I like all three that are left, but I really think Melanie did a little better last night.

Chris is a nice guy, but I'm not into his music at all. I'm sure it's fine for the younger kids.

I like Josh a lot. He's good, but not great IMO.

I won't be bothered with whoever wins, but I hope it's Melanie, even though she does need an attitude adjustment. LOL
    I'm out of the loop, what has Melanie been running her mouth about? Is this why she's being labelled a diva?

Also, who is "Kelly" the judge in XF England and why is her status up in the air?

Curious minds want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    This whole format is leaving me unemotional. While I like Melanie and Josh I am afraid that Chris is going to win because of his "back story" and how they keep harping on it.
    No kidding, I am beyond tired of hearing about it. The story is getting old. My dh said to me last night, "so what, and what is going to happen to him with fame and without the show keeping an eye on him so to speak?" I hope he keeps clean and sober, but please move on to talking about something else.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I predict Josh will win...

Not only does he have a great voice, he has charisma, the "x factor." His singing emotion or phrasing is natural and from his gut and soul.

Chris has the X factor too, super charismatic and a major talent as a songwriter, but Josh sings better.

Melanie has a great voice, but there is nothing new about her. There are plenty of Mariahs and Celines out there...and her voice isn't as strong as theirs.

I would be happy is Chris won but I'm rooting for Josh.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast