+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 12/14 Performance Show

12/14 Performance Show

Marcus and Chris were just ok to me. I liked Chris' second song better.

Melanie--was bored on the first song but thought she did a lovely job on the second.

Josh--loved the first song. I actually agreed with LA, though, about the second. "Hallelujah" is one of my favorite songs; I have the original Jeff Buckley version downloaded. However, Josh's performance sounded ok to me, not great. In terms of cover versions, I'll always prefer Jason Castro from American Idol.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: 12/14 Performance Show

I think Melanie has an incredible voice. I have to agree with L.A. (or was it Simon)...she has one of the best voices EVAH!..for a singing competition. Whether it is AI or "the voice" or X Factor..when someone tries to knock out a Whitney or Mariah or Celine song, they are grilled and roasted; Melanie has sung these songs week after week and hits it everytime! GREAT GREAT job

Marcus...well..he is a cutie but he is the weakest of the remaining contestants, and although he may be the best " performer" he just doesn't do anything for me except make me use the FF button!

Chris Rene~ I love this guy and have from day one..maybe it is his storyline..but he really is an inspiration and oozes charisma. Although he wasn't GREAT this evening...there IS something about him...isn't that what the "X factor" is?

Josh...loved the first song (way to go America!) enjoyed the second song, but didn't think it was FAB-U-LOUS...still love this guy!

Hoping for a Josh, Chris, Melanie Finale~
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Marcus could very well be going home tomorrow, although I loved his version of Careless Whispers. For whatever reason, Melanie bores the hell out of me. I think it is her weekly Mariah Carey / Whitney Houston impersonations. Enough already. All she's done for othe entire competition is sing songs from the aforementioned. Thankfully, she changed it up with her second song. Still, I am underwhelmed by her glory notes. If she went home tomorrow, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

I liked both Chris's performances. LIked that he utilized the piano too. I loved Josh's performances too. As much as I usually agree with LA, I totally disagree wtih him on Josh's second song. The song was wonderful, although, imo, no one, and I mean NO ONE will ever come close to Kd Lang's version of Hallejuah...ever. The song fit Josh's voice perfectly.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Wow Melanie's voice is great!!! I knew she would sing Hero well, she won the evening for me.( And I dont like Mariah.) I really enjoyed Chris( the second song) and Josh..Marcus can go home
    Bet2Win likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I don't normally comment on appearance or clothing, but Marcus looked quite spiffy in his first song. Loved his suit. Melanie in her first song looked like a young Aretha. I think it is her hair. But what was up with Chris' Rydell High outfit for his 2nd performance? Josh is just Josh. He cleans up nice.

Speaking of Josh, while he didn't do anything different with Hallelujah, it still gave me goosebumps. That song always does for some reason. None of the performances really stood out to me, but were nice enough to listen to.

I do hope that Marcus goes home tomorrow night. Then it will be the strongest fan base who decides the winner. Any one of the 3 could win and I'd be happy. All 3 will have earned their spot and title.

Depending on which direction they go with their album I'd most likely buy music from Josh or Melanie.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Marcus could very well be going home tomorrow, although I loved his version of Careless Whispers. For whatever reason, Melanie bores the hell out of me. I think it is her weekly Mariah Carey / Whitney Houston impersonations. Enough already. All she's done for othe entire competition is sing songs from the aforementioned. Thankfully, she changed it up with her second song. Still, I am underwhelmed by her glory notes. If she went home tomorrow, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

I liked both Chris's performances. LIked that he utilized the piano too. I loved Josh's performances too. As much as I usually agree with LA, I totally disagree wtih him on Josh's second song. The song was wonderful, although, imo, no one, and I mean NO ONE will ever come close to Kd Lang's version of Hallejuah...ever. The song fit Josh's voice perfectly.
    DI has Chris ranked first and predicted safe, with Melanie second and predicted safe.

So go Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    DI has Chris ranked first and predicted safe, with Melanie second and predicted safe.

So go Chris!
    But rhe raw scores have Josh in first with Melanie a close second.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Josh--loved the first song. I actually agreed with LA, though, about the second. "Hallelujah" is one of my favorite songs; I have the original Jeff Buckley version downloaded. However, Josh's performance sounded ok to me, not great. In terms of cover versions, I'll always prefer Jason Castro from American Idol.
    I'm with you Babbred... Jason Castro did an amazing, memorable version of "Hallelujah" and I did not think Josh's version got even close to it.
    I still like Josh though, and look forward to seeing him next week in the finale.

I'm thinking that it is Marcus' time to leave.

Even though he has a voice that would curdle milk, I still like Leonard Cohen's original (after all he wrote the song) of Hallelujah.
    I love listening to Melanie and Josh, Chris not so much. I think this is the week that Marcus goes home.

I've loved Melanie and Josh throughout, with a slight edge for Josh. Of the other 2, Marcus does nothing for me at all. Chris' original songs will be his money tree, so it'd be nice to hear them all the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast