+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Re: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Those people who are talking about retaliating against Nicole (for what, is beyond me) maybe should have been busy voting for Rachel if they were so keen on keeping her in the competition.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Those people who are talking about retaliating against Nicole (for what, is beyond me) maybe should have been busy voting for Rachel if they were so keen on keeping her in the competition.
    I agree. I think this every time there is an uproar over the eliminated contestant. These people have time to tweet hundreds of crazy tweets and death threats to the judges but they didn't have time to vote for their favorites? It seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post

You hear this every time somebody popular leaves a reality show. And then it turns out that the people who loved that contestant didn't vote because, well, everybody loves that guy/girl so everybody must be voting so of course the contestant will be safe...won't they?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

You hear this every time somebody popular leaves a reality show. And then it turns out that the people who loved that contestant didn't vote because, well, everybody loves that guy/girl so everybody must be voting so of course the contestant will be safe...won't they?

So true! I haven't and will not take that chance with Josh. I will be voting Wednesday.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

FORT Fogey

Twitter and messaage boards are full of internet trolls who love to rage and stir the pot. It makes them feel powerful. I doubt Josh will suffer. These people probably don't vote. And it doesnt matter who wins. Those who are talented will have a far better career, after this show, than remaining in the obscurity they lived before this opportunity.

I think Rachael will be the real victor here, if it is true Disney is courting her.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-13-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Sources reveal to HollywoodLife.com that it looks like Rachel will be getting her own show, but first she’ll take on a few minor roles in other Disney projects.

Rachel Crow‘s elimination from the X Factor hasn’t hurt her career one bit.

We told you that Disney was glad Rachel didn’t win, because they want to make her a star. And now that process is speeding up.

“Rachel might actually do some walk ons and voice overs on already established Disney Channel shows before she gets her own gig,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “They want to ease her in the process with the main goal being her own show. They are also going to talk to her about doing some songs for Disney Channel movies and then appearing in the show as herself and performing the songs.

“Everything is on the table right now as they still have the meeting to take place, but excitement is running through everyone, as all parties believe that this is a home run situation, and it will work amazingly well,” the source adds.

Aren’t you excited for Rachel, HollywoodLifers?
    bee stung lips likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    Sources reveal to HollywoodLife.com that it looks like Rachel will be getting her own show, but first she’ll take on a few minor roles in other Disney projects.

Rachel Crow‘s elimination from the X Factor hasn’t hurt her career one bit.

We told you that Disney was glad Rachel didn’t win, because they want to make her a star. And now that process is speeding up.

“Rachel might actually do some walk ons and voice overs on already established Disney Channel shows before she gets her own gig,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “They want to ease her in the process with the main goal being her own show. They are also going to talk to her about doing some songs for Disney Channel movies and then appearing in the show as herself and performing the songs.

“Everything is on the table right now as they still have the meeting to take place, but excitement is running through everyone, as all parties believe that this is a home run situation, and it will work amazingly well,” the source adds.

Aren’t you excited for Rachel, HollywoodLifers?
    I wish the best for Rachel, but young stars seem to have a poor track record with becoming happy, healthy adults. I think of Brittney, Miley, Michael J., Lindsay, and others. Even Donny Osmond who had a loving and stable family, reveals as an adult that growing up in show biz was VERY difficult and caused him a lot of dysfunction as he grew up.

I'm just not so sure that becoming a big star is really the key to a child having a happy life. They lose privacy, their time is no longer their own, they support adults in their family, their family dynamics change, they are under pressure to be successful by their employer, and other pressures and exposures that are not conducive to a normal childhood. I really do want the best of Rachel. I hope she finds happiness, however it may come.
    Babbred likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wish the best for Rachel, but young stars seem to have a poor track record with becoming happy, healthy adults. I think of Brittney, Miley, Michael J., Lindsay, and others. Even Donny Osmond who had a loving and stable family, reveals as an adult that growing up in show biz was VERY difficult and caused him a lot of dysfunction as he grew up.

I'm just not so sure that becoming a big star is really the key to a child having a happy life. They lose privacy, their time is no longer their own, they support adults in their family, their family dynamics change, they are under pressure to be successful by their employer, and other pressures and exposures that are not conducive to a normal childhood. I really do want the best of Rachel. I hope she finds happiness, however it may come.
    Everyone who wants to be a big star thinks it won't happen to them. It will be different for them. Nobody would be able to convince them otherwise.

I'm glad my kids aren't talented and I don't have any temptation to try for that kind of life. I heard a commercial on the radio yesterday calling for people to audition their kids for Disney-type shows. I'm sure they are mostly collecting people's money.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 12-13-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Amen. I'm happy for Rachel because she was so cute, and she truly is talented. I really hope that she will be the exception to the rule and not end up being ruined by this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I got an email from FOX. The finale is for the top 3, not top 2.

+ Reply to Thread