+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Re: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Just saying but I probably would not react well to losing out on a $5 million contract and my own bathroom. It would not be pretty,nope.lol Especially due to the cowardly Nicole. I really hope I am wrong but I think Josh is going to suffer the backlash for Nicole.
    I agree. I have already seen some rumblings about people not voting for him next week so she loses her only remaining act. Josh has always been my favorite so this makes me very sad/scared for him. I hope it doesn't end up going down like this!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I've repeatedly read comments in this thread that Rachel needs to "toughen up". Lemme tell you, I'm all about "tough love" especially when it comes to teaching kids it's not the end of the world... but... this is a totally different situation. These are children being inappropriately thrust into an ultra-competitive situation. Rachel doesn't need to toughen up, she's a child for heaven's sake! She is 13 and reacted the way a child would. This is why children should not be able to compete in these shows... they... are... children. Children inappropriately react all the time and both Rachel and Drew... and even Asstro... proved that point this season. Sadly their inappropriate reactions were captured on "live" television show for all the world to see. Do I blame the children? Heck no. I blame all the adults who allowed them to be in that position in the first place. Children are not emotionally ready for the pressures and expectations that come along with being on a reality-competition show. I pity the child who, at the age of 13, is "toughened up" enough to react to being sent home on AI or XF as a grown adult would. That might bother me quite a bit as well (though at least I wouldn't have to watch the meltdown).

Let's remember they are children and not expect them to react like adults.
    I'm one of the people who posted that she needs to toughen up - but I also said "If this is the kind of life she wants." Maybe I should have added "and her parents allow her to do." It appears to me she wants to be in show business to make lots of money. Then she needs to toughen up! How many stories have there been about child stars and how the industry affects them? It's probably more about the younger child stars, but I think being in this business would still be hard for a teenager too. If she ends up not doing as well as predicted, and the money she earns in the meantime isn't managed well, she'll be back to sharing one bathroom. I think that would be a hard pill to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Last week everyone was mad at Paula for voting Drew out and not going for the draw. Now everyone is mad at Nicole for not voting someone out and going for the draw. So basically, the ladies can't win. This is all this way too much drama for me. All I care about is the singing.
    Best post I've read in this thread. I didn't even think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I agree. I have already seen some rumblings about people not voting for him next week so she loses her only remaining act. Josh has always been my favorite so this makes me very sad/scared for him. I hope it doesn't end up going down like this!
    I wondered if people might retaliate against Josh. OK, Josh fans! Vote, vote, vote!!!

FORT Fogey

If there is talk of not voting for Josh to "punish" Nicole, I wouldn't put much stock in it. Those people would NOT be voting for Josh anyway, if they supported the POP Princesses of the Simon Company. But I do agree, if you support Josh, vote as much as you can for him
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I wondered if people might retaliate against Josh. OK, Josh fans! Vote, vote, vote!!!

I doubt very much that would be the case. Rachel and Josh have completely different voters, and do you really think the show would boot him off? much like AI they have had the OMG what a shocking vote already
    Shoepie and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I doubt very much that would be the case. Rachel and Josh have completely different voters, and do you really think the show would boot him off? much like AI they have had the OMG what a shocking vote already
    My first post here and hope I am doing it right. I just wanted to say that I agree with both of you. This is in response to the poster above Fanny Mare also and I'm not sure yet how to quote both of you at the same time. I'm not sure if I care for the voting system. If you are going to have judges then let them have the say until the final two or three (not sure how that is going to work). When you are at the final then let the voters have the say. This is why they are suppose to be judges. They are suppose to be capable of picking the best talent. The "Sign Off" does it that way. The public is only allowed to vote for the final show. You are allowed only ten votes per method. They also have a sing off between the bottom two which have been put there solely by the judges during the regular season. IMO that is a better way to do it. It may have helped to avoid some of the drama that took place and I know this show likes drama, but just a thought.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 12-11-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wish that were true; however, they could hit the phones and vote for the other 3 singers in order to give Josh the lowest total. That's what I'm afraid of. OTOH, Rachel had the lowest number of votes this past week, while Josh waltzed through. So it will remain to be seen if Rachel's few supporters can drum up enough support for their cause. Some people who didn't support Rachel before might vote against Josh this coming week merely out of sympathy for Rachel.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I heard today that Rachel's father has MS and is not able to drive his truck to work any longer. I'll try to find a link. It seems Rachel may have had much more pressure on her than we knew.

I wish Rachel well, but becoming a big star is not always such a great thing. Great child stars often suffer. And while I hope her and her family are able to get what they need financially, generally speaking, a boat load of money, often brings a boat load of troubles. Just saying.

This a link ref. Rachel's dad's illlness.

'X Factor' Star Rachel Crow Is Worried About Her Sick Father

+ Reply to Thread