+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Re: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    Bottom line here is that Rachel had the lowest number of votes. Period. If she didn't go this week, she'd go next week. For all we know, Marcus has been the 2nd lowest vote getter all three weeks. Now he'll go next week b/c he won't make the finals. I'd like to see a Melanie/Josh final, but we could be in for the REAL SHOCKER of the season if one of these two gets eliminated at the semi's.
    That is true. Rachel did get the lowest number of votes. It was still a heart breaker. I really felt for the girl. In the end, I think she will be fine. Someone will sign her. I think as she grows she will only get better.

I too am hoping for a Josh/Melanie finale. Josh is doing well regardless of Nicole. What an awful mentor she is.

I think Simon needs to rethink the age limit. It is so tough on these young people. Had to watch to see what you were all talking about, don't usually watch the elimination nights. Felt sorry for Nicole but really it should go by the number of votes IMO. Makes you wonder who has been sent home when others may have had lower votes, that doesn't seem right. If you are going to allow the public to vote then it should be in their hands and not in the judges.
    We all know that they want to keep their people in the competition. I really liked Rachel but was also seeing another side of her on Wed. night. She seemed fake to me in thanking the judges for all of the comments and in her smile. Seemed over the top like put on. I guess her Mom was telling her she will be the winner. Never a good plan..
    lurkernomore and Babycakee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    My thoughts too. Nicole got booed because she copped out. She didn't want to send anyone home so she let the voters decide. She's a coward. Marcus has been bottom many times already, which means that America is not voting for him so I'm sure sending home Marcus wouldn't have been a big deal. Nicole (and Rachel) probably thought that because Marcus was in the bottom for the 3rd time, that he will get the lowest votes. But her strategy backfired. She could have saved Rachel if she wanted to. Rachel looked verty surprised when she heard her name. Eh! Marcus will be bottom 2 agains next week so, they are just prolonging the inevitable.
    Last week everyone was mad at Paula for voting Drew out and not going for the draw. Now everyone is mad at Nicole for not voting someone out and going for the draw. So basically, the ladies can't win. This is all this way too much drama for me. All I care about is the singing.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Last week everyone was mad at Paula for voting Drew out and not going for the draw. Now everyone is mad at Nicole for not voting someone out and going for the draw. So basically, the ladies can't win. This is all this way too much drama for me. All I care about is the singing.
    Excellent point. First Simon was wonderful for letting America decide--wrongly, IMO (I'm still sore at Leroy going home). Then Paula was terrible for not letting America decide. Now Nicole is terrible for letting America decide again. Hmmm, I smell something, and it's not Mama's apple pie.

As I said about Simon, I personally hate it when the judges do this deadlock thing. For Pete's sake, you're supposed to be this high-paid industry expert. If you have an opinion as to who's more talented/marketable, then just say it and take the consequences. That's why, even though I didn't agree with her choice, I actually respected Paula for making one. Whatever her motivation was (and I like that observation about it being strategy), at least she had the courage to say what she thought. When fickle America gets to decide, they either choose mediocre talent over the good one, or get mad at everybody but themselves because their favorite gets eliminated. Like several other people have said, this was the way America voted. If you're mad, then get busy voting for everybody except Marcus next week.

Oh, man, I didn't think about this having consequences for Josh. I really, truly hope not. He's the only reason I'm still watching. If he goes next week, then I'm not watching the finale.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

With all the hoopla surrounding Rachel's leaving the show, all I can personally say is, the sooner both Chris and Josh get the hell off the show, the better, so they can join the likes of Astro and get on with their recording careers. I personally don't think Chris is going to win, even though he's my favourite. But that will be fine with me, because this show will have served him its purpose--that being, giving him the exposure he needed to get his name, face, voice and hell, even his story out there. Same goes for Josh.

Since Chris Daughtry and Adam Lambert's all-too-soon demise from AI some years, back, followed by a highly successful recording careers, winning these types of shows doesn't really hold the same weight in my opinion. I really don't care who goes home at this point.

Winning-schmining, I couldn't care less. The only drawback to not winning this show is missing out of the five million dollars. But other than that, as long as the runner(s) up go on to have successful recording careers, that's what ultimately counts.
    Babbred likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Same here.I turn it on, listen to them sing enjoy it( or not) thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Oh, man, I didn't think about this having consequences for Josh. I really, truly hope not. He's the only reason I'm still watching. If he goes next week, then I'm not watching the finale.
    I will be surprised if he doesn't go next week. He is the only reason I'm still watching as well, but I just don't believe he is what they had in mind for the $5 million contract. If he finds himself in the bottom 2, he will be history. My prediction to win is Chris Rene.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian View Post
    I didn't hear it that way. To me, it was more like "Mama, you promise me?" Her mother was trying to console her, telling her it would be okay.
    It sounded to me like she was saying Mama you promised!

I hope next season of X Factor does not put these young kids through again. They just aren't mature enough to handle it, and you have people fawning all over you , telling you how wonderful you are, how you really have a chance to win - then pull the rug out. It's no surprise when they have a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Boy, this show is delivering a ton more drama than Idol ever did. And the crying JUDGES??? Crazy!
    Which is why I prefer Idol. Actually, I would like both shows to be about the contestants and not the judges, but i guess that will never happen. America has to have it's drama.

It sounded to me like she was saying Mama you promised!

I hope next season of X Factor does not put these young kids through again. They just aren't mature enough to handle it, and you have people fawning all over you , telling you how wonderful you are, how you really have a chance to win - then pull the rug out. It's no surprise when they have a meltdown.
    I watched it back. Her mom said "it'll be okay" and she replied "you promise. You promise it'll be okay?" She had a lot riding on winning this show which included helping her family out. That's a lot of pressure on a 13 year old. I think at that moment she felt like she let her family down and wanted reassurance from her mother it was okay.

I agree with the earlier post regarding the age limit. It's apparent these young children can't handle the stress of this situation. From Astro throwing a tantrum to Drew and Rachel's meltdown. It's heartbreaking to see this happen to children this young.
    Parkhillian and mushybrain like this.

+ Reply to Thread