+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Zoinks. I missed the show and will have to watch the repeat. I had a feeling Rachel was going to go - or maybe Josh. In reading posts, it sounds as if Rachel's mom promised her that she'd get through?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes, her mother said "it's going to be okay." Rachael replied, "you promise? "

I think her meltdown was as unexpected to her as it was to us. She looked at Simon when Nicole ducked the vote and he signaled her something to believe she would be safe because we saw her smile and nod. I think everyone thought Marcus had the low vote. She would probably not have been as emotional when being eliminated from the final 4. Just a hunch. It took her by surprise as it did most of us.
    But this interpretation makes more sense to me. I don't think Rachel's mom would promise Rachel the unpromiseable. I recall during one of Rachel's initial performances her mom telling her to not worry about it and that the most important thing is for Rachel to have fun.

I feel bad for her, but honestly, these kinds of life's lessons make people stronger. Rachel will be better for having gone through it. As painful as it is now.
    BuckeyeAddict and Babycakee like this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Zoinks. I missed the show and will have to watch the repeat. I had a feeling Rachel was going to go - or maybe Josh. In reading posts, it sounds as if Rachel's mom promised her that she'd get through?

But this interpretation makes more sense to me. I don't think Rachel's mom would promise Rachel the unpromiseable. I recall during one of Rachel's initial performances her mom telling her to not worry about it and that the most important thing is for Rachel to have fun.

I feel bad for her, but honestly, these kinds of life's lessons make people stronger. Rachel will be better for having gone through it. As painful as it is now.
    You're right. And if this is the kind of life she wants, then she needs to toughen up.

What Rachel was saying...

as per E! online

While viewers were shocked by Crow's elimination, the singer herself seemed even more shocked, collapsing into tears and falling to the ground sobbing. Her mother even came onstage to console her. "I wasn't shocked," Crow clarifies. "I'm 13. I'm not preparing myself for this kind of stuff. So when it happened, I was like a scared reaction, almost like a look of terror. Then I just find of fell because I was like, I can't breathe."

Viewers were also surprised by Crow seemingly telling her mother, "You promised," but the 13-year-old tells us, "I said, 'You promise it'll be OK? You promise?'"

Also comforting Crow onstage was her mentor, Cowell, who says, "I was trying to console her onstage and she was saying to her mum, 'I was going to win the show.' I mean she was convinced of it and it's a lesson in life and show business."

Crow tells us she did some consoling of her own when visited Scherzinger in her dressing room after the show. "I feel really bad. Nicole was so sad," she says. "I saw her in her room and she was still crying tonight even. I went in there and I was just like, 'It's OK.' She was like, 'No one can calm me down, but you!' I hugged her and it was OK. She's fine. She's amazing. It was not her fault."

Read more: Live at X Factor: Does Nicole Scherzinger Regret Her Decision? Plus, Rachel Crow's Final Words Revealed! - E! Online
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    What Rachel was saying...

as per E! online

While viewers were shocked by Crow's elimination, the singer herself seemed even more shocked, collapsing into tears and falling to the ground sobbing. Her mother even came onstage to console her. "I wasn't shocked," Crow clarifies. "I'm 13. I'm not preparing myself for this kind of stuff. So when it happened, I was like a scared reaction, almost like a look of terror. Then I just find of fell because I was like, I can't breathe."

Viewers were also surprised by Crow seemingly telling her mother, "You promised," but the 13-year-old tells us, "I said, 'You promise it'll be OK? You promise?'"

Also comforting Crow onstage was her mentor, Cowell, who says, "I was trying to console her onstage and she was saying to her mum, 'I was going to win the show.' I mean she was convinced of it and it's a lesson in life and show business."

Crow tells us she did some consoling of her own when visited Scherzinger in her dressing room after the show. "I feel really bad. Nicole was so sad," she says. "I saw her in her room and she was still crying tonight even. I went in there and I was just like, 'It's OK.' She was like, 'No one can calm me down, but you!' I hugged her and it was OK. She's fine. She's amazing. It was not her fault."

Read more: Live at X Factor: Does Nicole Scherzinger Regret Her Decision? Plus, Rachel Crow's Final Words Revealed! - E! Online
    I hope Rachel does well, but she was way overconfident if Simon heard her telling her mom she knew she was going to win. I was really surprised she became so dramatic, I know she was upset, but the WAILING LOUDLY really bugged me.

She's a cute kid, but she definitely needs to toughen up...and in my opinion, her voice does need some work and it didn't surprise me that Marcus had more votes than she did. I've always liked his voice better than hers.

I felt TERRIBLE for Marcus last night too. Like everybody is upset it wasn't him leaving. That would really hurt and besides...America kept him over Rachel.

I LOVED Chris Rene the other night, but still 100% a Josh voter. I hope Chris is second. I wouls say Melanie because of her voice, but Chris's songwriting, playing, and voice (when he's singing his own material) shows he is multitalented.
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I really don't think Nicole was acting. I think she really thought Rachael was going to make it and ducked. It almost appeared that LA was presuring her to either vote out Rachael or duck. Her face when she turned to him radiated pressure. Paula was also talking in her ear. It seemed to me that she regretted her decision. Would she have cried so hard had Marcus left? We will never know. And yeah, Simon cannot act!
    I guess I just look at the big picture, and they want people to tune in etc

Rachael seemed fine by the end, so it was a very quick collapse

FORT Fogey

Bottom line here is that Rachel had the lowest number of votes. Period. If she didn't go this week, she'd go next week. For all we know, Marcus has been the 2nd lowest vote getter all three weeks. Now he'll go next week b/c he won't make the finals. I'd like to see a Melanie/Josh final, but we could be in for the REAL SHOCKER of the season if one of these two gets eliminated at the semi's.

I think that Nicole should have really thought out her strategy. Because her move sent Rachel home, Rachel's fans could retaliate against her. It could end up hurting Josh. I replayed this part 3 times. When they were all standing on the stage and the guy asked Nicole if she had anything to say and the audience boos her, Josh looks out at them as to say, "OMG, they're going to attack Nicole!" IT's so bizarre. Check if out if you recorded it. I also think Nicole may have turned quite a few people off.

I think that RAchel was so upset, because she felt she has disappointed people. She's still a kid and I don't think we should hold them to same standards as adults. I voiced the same opinion when Astro had his outbursts.

Do you know how I would act if I lost my chance to win 5 million dollars? It's not pretty.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Because of Rachel's age, I can completely understand her reaction. I'm sure she's had dreams and visions of winning, and held tight to those. I can also imagine that at her age, she'd think that she either wins X Factor or goes back to the life she had before. I don't think she comprehends how many opportunties will come to her because of her exposure on the show.A girl that age is going to get swept up in the support and believe that EVERYONE is voting for her, so she'd be surprised. I don't see anything wrong with it, and I'm really glad that her mom went out there, and that the producers allowed for that. Now Nicole on the other hand, I'm not sympathetic to. She chose to come on the show as a judge. That means making decisions. If she didn't want to do that, she should have hosted the show, or done something else. Getting wrapped up with the contestants and not wanting to see them go is one thing. But if your job is being a judge, then by golly you should be able to decide "I like this one better than that one" and say it. That's the job description.
    bee stung lips and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    There might be "strategy" for Nicole and even LA to keep the constant low vote getter. As long as he's in the bottom two, there is less of a chance for their act or other act to be in the bottom two. If you think about it, who would have been in the bottom two had Marcus been voted out last week? It could have been a real contenter.

Regardless, that was ridiculous of Nicole to do. I think there is talk that she will be replaced next year. I'm hoping it's true. She is a worthless judge and mentor. Josh is doing so well despite her, not because of her.
    I agree! I dislike Nicole more and more each week. She is totally useless and a waste of space. The show needs a serious overhaul, replacing LA Reid and Nicole.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    If they allow for a deadlock, then Nicole was justified in voting as she did. She apparently liked them both and did not want either of them to go. RC went home because she had the lowest numnber of votes....not Marcus. I only wish that the camera was on Simon's face when they made the anouncement. Of course we saw RC fall to the ground. It was VERY strange that she was so composed telling Nicole that she was OK with whatever happens.......and then she was not!!! Was she so sure she was safe that she was being the little actress??
    Nicole can decline to vote. She didn't have to choose Rachel to send home. This would leave a 2-1 vote in favor of Rachel. That would have been her compromise, not to tell anyone that she's sending them home but someone gets sent home anyway. In effect, it would be an indirect vote or decision to send Marcus home which Nicole was expecting to happen with America's vote but didn't.

Yea, I also noticed that RC composed herself telling Nicole not to cry and that it's okay whatever Nicole decides --- apparently confident and expecting that she was safe from America's vote only to bawl to the floor after learning that she's going home. That shocked look on her face after the announcement was priceless. She was totally expecting Marcus to have the lowest votes. So it wasn't ok really, in fact, it was quite the opposite! I doubt she'll have the same reaction if she was expecting to have the lowest votes.

Pretty much a given that Marcus will land bottom 2 again next week so judges just spare us the agony and send Marcus home already, maybe even skip the save me song because no judge (except for LA) will keep him after what happened last night. What is the point of keeping him when clearly he has no chance of winning? This is more of a judges competition than a singing competition. It's a good strategy to keep Marcus to make sure that your mentee stays for the finale.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 12-09-2011 at 03:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread