+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

FORT Regular

Re: 12/8 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Oh gosh, another week, another young person bawling. I don't think I can watch. Disney may now actively pursue a contract with Rachel and her parents....life will be good for her. . .damn don't want to watch another kid cry.....

FORT Fogey

I have never liked Nicole and tonight her behavior was deplorable. She wanted Rachael to go through, was sure Marcus had the least votes, so selfishly ducked the vote. Shame on you. She would not have been so out of control crying had she really been torn between the two.

There will be a lot in the tabloid shows about this tomorrow and I expect to hear Simon have a few words; he doesn't like her as it is.
    jmb and Debb70 like this.

Well, that's it. I'm not watching this show again after this season (I've got to stick this one to see what happens to my man Josh). I will not watch another child get tortured like this again. I thought Rachel would handle it better since she was composed in other weeks while the results were being read out. Even earlier tonight, she told Nicole it was ok, she'd be at peace with whatever the judges decided. WTH?? So where did all that hysteria come from? And those words, "Mama, you promised me!" Excuse me, just what the Sam Hill was dear mama promising all these weeks? That you're going to win? That you're going to be the next [fill in pop diva here]? This is so disgusting I can't find the words for it.

And THAT is why children don't belong on reality shows. They do NOT have the maturity to cope with this, and it is FAR too easy for parents to exploit their children and see them as a ticket to fame and fortune for the parents. The history of Hollywood was/is littered with the corpses of children who were pushed into fame at far too young an age--and some of those corpses were/are literal.

On a side note: I have mixed feelings. Yes, Marcus has been in the B2 before, but I never liked having Rachel (and Astro) here in the first place. So I'm all over the map on this one.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Shoepie, you could see right through Nicole's act. She was over dramatic like they were asking her to send one to death row. Her letting America decide was a cowardice move. And the group continuously keeping Marcus is not fair to the other contestants. Excluding this week where America decided he has effective been granted the equivalent to Idol's "judge's save" week after week.
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Wow - I'm actually shocked.
    I'm on the West coast so I have a bit of time until the show airs here. I thank all of you who post in this thread so (when I want to) I can find out what's going on.
    Rachel going home? I'll say it again... Wow - I'm actually shocked!
    If Marcus has been in the B2 so many consecutive weeks, well, come on, the writing is on the wall... he is NOT going to get the votes to win... ergo... he cannot win. Why fricken bother putting him through yet again???
    I am so not looking forward to witnessing Rachel's meltdown. I didn't expect that from her and I'm not sure I can stomach it. I like her so much... and witnessing her meltdown will surely change that for me.

Thanks again all for posting!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Well, I have to say that I can understand why Nicole may have voted as she did. I think she REALLY likes Marcus. And maybe she likes Marcus better than Rachel. I do! Nothing against Rachel. She's cute, and terribly talented, but she is still a little bit of a diamond in the rough. I think she'll be a big star in her own right. But for now, she's just not there yet. Back to Nicole. She may prefer Marcus over Rachel, but knew that as somebody who has had to sing for his life for the 3rd week in a row, he really should go home. She then decided to let the decision lie with the voters. If more votes had been cast for Rachel, then this wouldn't have even been an issue. Marcus got more votes, he stays.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 12-08-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    sunshine3331 and Babycakee like this.

It's really too bad that all of America had to witness this 13 year olds meltdown/fit. Rachel is cute and sweet but I never expected her to win so Nicole's vote or non vote doesn't really matter... maybe Rachel's departure was a week premature ... but that's it. Somebody really needed to prepare these kids better (Astro, Drew and Rachel) for this sort of outcome. I've been saying and thinking for weeks that Rachel's future, at this point anyway, was Disney bound. Go get um girl!!!
    Shoepie and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

I thought she might.I thought Marcus was great last night( if he had gone home I really would have been the jinx) as I said he was good. buy bye rachael. Disney awaits
    Babycakee likes this.

Wow ... that was a shocker. Nicole is useless. She was banking on Marcus getting the lowest # of votes and she screwed the pooch. Rachel thought Marcus had the lowest votes, which is why she was confident in saying to Nicole "whatever you decide is ok".

Rachel will be fine. She's got a huge career in front of her - she's clearly multi-talented and TV and movies will be in her future.

My fingers are crossed for Josh ... I just think he's awesome.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Well, that's it. I'm not watching this show again after this season (I've got to stick this one to see what happens to my man Josh). I will not watch another child get tortured like this again. I thought Rachel would handle it better since she was composed in other weeks while the results were being read out. Even earlier tonight, she told Nicole it was ok, she'd be at peace with whatever the judges decided. WTH?? So where did all that hysteria come from? And those words, "Mama, you promised me!" Excuse me, just what the Sam Hill was dear mama promising all these weeks? That you're going to win? That you're going to be the next [fill in pop diva here]? This is so disgusting I can't find the words for it.

And THAT is why children don't belong on reality shows. They do NOT have the maturity to cope with this, and it is FAR too easy for parents to exploit their children and see them as a ticket to fame and fortune for the parents. The history of Hollywood was/is littered with the corpses of children who were pushed into fame at far too young an age--and some of those corpses were/are literal.

On a side note: I have mixed feelings. Yes, Marcus has been in the B2 before, but I never liked having Rachel (and Astro) here in the first place. So I'm all over the map on this one.

I didn't hear it that way. To me, it was more like "Mama, you promise me?" Her mother was trying to console her, telling her it would be okay.
    RealVoyeur likes this.

+ Reply to Thread