+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 12/7 Live Show *** Spoilers ***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

12/7 Live Show *** Spoilers ***

Wow - the last two weeks, the forum was pretty busy, so I didn't think I needed to show up during the show! I didn't take notes, so this is by memory.

The first half of the show was dance songs. Great. I don't think I know any of the titles to the songs, or I just don't remember.

Melanie did great. It may have been a Mariah or Whitney song.

Marcus actually surprised me. I thought he did very well. In fact, I think I enjoyed him more than I would have enjoyed Drew.

I'm just not feeling Rachel. She sounds good technically for the most part, but it just didn't seem to gel with her.

This isn't Josh's forte. I thought he did well, but it was probably a low point for him.

I'm not the right person to critique Chris. His style does not interest me.

Re: 12/7 Live Show *** Spoilers ***

Second round. First, they announce that there was some confusion of some sort. They were very vague about it, but the song choices voted on by fans won't be sung until next week. Supposedly they dropped this on the contestants 24 hours before tonight's show.

Melanie did very well on her 2nd song. This one was a Whitney song (I'm thinking the first one wasn't), and I think it's titled "Miracle?"

Marcus sang "A Song for You." I was actually impressed. No, it wasn't Elliott Yamin good, but I thought it was very heartfelt, and I can't fault his vocals at all. Again, I think this was better than what Drew would have done.

Again, Rachel's song, which I did not recognize, was technically good, but there is something just not right. She's still cute. She's sort of like a modern day Shirley Temple. But I don't think she should win.

Josh sang "Something" by George Harrison. I thought he really put his personality in it, and sounded very good.

Chris sang an original song accompanied only by his acoustic guitar. And, as said numerous times, I'm not a fan. HOWEVER - it was pretty darned good. The only thing I'd change are those stupid "UH" grunts that so many people have to throw in these songs. Quit it already! They took away a lot from the song.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 12-07-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

How much to I love thee Chris...let me count the ways. Been rooting for him since day one and am thrilled he's still around to showcase his talent. His first performance was good, but his second performance, singing his own original song was off the HOOK. And I like those "UHs" he inserts in between his phrasing...those "uhs" come from really feeling the song from way down within. So, so happy with his performances tonight. The two greatest moments on this show this season have both come from Chris, imo. His touching audition, and his second peforomance tonight. Him out there with his guitar, singing from his heart gave me goosebumps. GO CHRIS!

The others were good too. Marcus out there looking like a young Wayne Brady...lol, but singing well as he always does. Josh's second song made up for the first song. Rachel was good too..girl is as cute as a button. As for Melanie, girl can defnitely sing, but I'm not bowled over with excitment for her style. I've heard it all before and I've grown tired of her Whitney Houston impersonations every week.

Not sure what's happened to Simon, but boy, oh boy has he proven himself to be a moody prick on this show. He's like a petulant child when he doesn't get his way. Just like LA said, trying to get into the heads of the performers of the other mentors...tsk, tsk Simon. Grow up please. And I'm just a little bored with the Simone / Melody lovefest....yes SImone, we get it. You brought her back, so you're going to back her all the way to prove you made the right decision. Even if she came out and completely sucked, he'd still say he loved her performance.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 12-07-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    The others were good too. Marcus out there looking like a young Wayne Brady...
    I thought the same exact thing!

I thought of you when Chris did his 2nd song. Figured you'd busting your britches!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I thought the same exact thing!

I thought of you when Chris did his 2nd song. Figured you'd busting your britches!
    Yep, I was...lol.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Wow - the last two weeks, the forum was pretty busy, so I didn't think I needed to show up during the show! I didn't take notes, so this is by memory.

The first half of the show was dance songs. Great. I don't think I know any of the titles to the songs, or I just don't remember.
    I don't know them.

Melanie did great. It may have been a Mariah or Whitney song.
    She sounded beautiful on both of her songs.

Marcus actually surprised me. I thought he did very well. In fact, I think I enjoyed him more than I would have enjoyed Drew.
    Tonight was the first time I took him seriously as an artist. The second song was good, but the first song was great.

I'm just not feeling Rachel. She sounds good technically for the most part, but it just didn't seem to gel with her.
    Tuned out on hers. It was just too weird seeing her all dressed up like an adult.

This isn't Josh's forte. I thought he did well, but it was probably a low point for him.
    The first song was ok but the second was pretty good. This could be interesting tomorrow night. I hope he stays.

I'm not the right person to critique Chris. His style does not interest me.
    The first song was average, but the second was beautiful. He should be staying.

I was actually impressed by Simon. It would have been so easy to come back in a snit after last week, but it seemed like he behaved himself by and large. Granted, I FF through a lot of the judge's comments, but he was nice to Marcus and Chris, and the criticism that I heard was valid.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I haven't seen much of this show The last time I watched it was rock'n'roll week and I liked Josh best that night. It's weird - from the bits of the show I've seen, I don't think the contestants' performances were as good as their auditions (or maybe my

Melanie - just okay.
    Marcus - just okay - the background singers seemed almost to overpower him, especially when I closed my eyes to listen.
    Rachel - I agree that she has a Shirley Temple vibe and that her hair and outfit were horrible. I normally don't like kid contestants, but best voice, so far, IMO. And, I think she truly has an "X factor".
    Josh - just okay
    Chris - just okay.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

WOW! Where is everybody? At a holiday party?

Dance music as a theme? I was prepared for disaster and was pleasantly surprised.

Never thought of Adele's song as a dance song, but it worked for Melanie. Loved it! Her 2nd song was good, but safe.

I'm on the fence with Rachel. She was her usual adorable self but her vocals were a little off. Didn't sound as strong as she did earlier in the competition.

Biggest surprise was Josh singing Rihanna. HA! He pulled it off. The visual was kinda odd but he sang it well!

I figured that Marcus would shine in this genre but he was just okay, and Chris was meh.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

2nd round much better - maybe the contestants should always choose their own songs.

Melanie - liked it
    Marcus - liked it
    Rachel - didn't like the first part - her voice seemed off or something - but liked the last half
    Josh - dang, I missed it while flipping channels
    Chris - loved it

Well I loved everyone, maybe its the eggnog LOL! I thought Marcus was excellent( his second song was great) Chris..wow! They were all good .I am glad i am not voting.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast