+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by babbred
    I used to love Simon on AI, but I have lost all respect for him after watching this show. He's been totally hypocritical in allowing things that he never would have tolerated on AI, has refused to listen to legitimate criticism from the judges, and instead acted like he's the God of the music business. I was actually glad to see him taken down a notch.
    Yep, it was kinda delicious to see Simon taken down a notch. Cocky, smug people need that once in awhile. One of my bigger complaints about Simon is the fact that although he was the most honest judge on AI, some of his critiques didn't make any sense. Criticizing their clothes, and those cabaret/lounge/cruise ship sayings, and the "you sing songs that are too old for you". Duh, the show made the choice on the themes, not the contestants. On this show, he is no better, really. And you are totally correct that some of the things he didn't like on the other show are things he has pushed for on this show. Like Drew singing songs the same way, week in week out. He hated that on AI.

I still like Simon because I have seen many interviews with him on talk shows and he has quite the sense of humour. He is still cocky, but he takes "jabs" with a great belly laugh and you know that he isn't taking himself really seriously, and can make fun of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by babbred
    I guess I must be a lone wolf here, because it's Simon that I like the least of the judges. I'm not terribly enamored of the others, but on balance I like Simon the least.
    Of all the judges, I like LA the most, just based on his resume. He has the most success in producing, signing new acts and running record companies. Plus, he also writes. The downside to him is that his personality is pretty boring for TV. He needs to be more lively or say something profound/useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M
    After seeing Astro's outburst when he was in the bottom 2 (or was it 3??) and Drew's reaction tonight just proves the point that these are children and completely... completely... unprepared to handle the inevitable disappointments of this show. Granted older teens and even adults can lose it but they need a bottom-end age limit so we're not subjected to these kinds of "sore loser" outbursts. Something tells me Rachel Crow has it more together and would take it so much better than Astro and/or Drew.
    I think Rachel will have a similar reaction. She's even younger and seems to have a bit more at stake, she wants a new home for her family. And her own bathroom. I'm not saying any of the other contestants have any less at stake, but for Rachel a home that comfortably fits all of her family seems like such a simple dream for a young girl.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe
    First off...they should kick off that lousy host who reads everything from the script. Ever notice that he says and ask the same thing every week? He would ask the same question every time a contestant gets sent home despite the contestant being obviously upset. Drew was bawling and he had the gall to ask how it feels to be sent home???!! Can't he adlib? Why not ask Drew "I'm really sorry that you're leaving us tonite. Would you like to say a few words to your fans before you go?" instead of "How do you feel now that you got sent home?" Stupid!
    LOL I think he attended the Brooke Burke School of Interviewing. He is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    Marcus will end up in bottom two again, L.A.Reid is trying to make this kid into the second coming of Bobby Brown..hey L.A....Bobby Brown didn't work so well the first time around...just sayin! Rachel needs to sign that darn Disney contract and move onto better things, Chris Rene will enjoy his time on this show and hopefully someone will allow him to WRITE..that is where his talent lies.....as for the Melanie and Josh...whoever said THEY NEED THIS SHOW hit the nail on the head...hopefully they can parlay this into something lucrative..may not become "superstars"...but hey what do I know...I'm just stuck here in my "normal" life and watchin' this guilty pleasure on my big arse tv!
    Haha. Almost spit out my pop. Really? Who would want to emulate Bobby Brown? LA is crazy if that is the route he wants Marcus to take. As to the bold, I didn't see the "TV" and thought it just said "big arse" and was thinking "ME too!" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    These are the choices I voted for. I think Josh could really do well with "Chasing Pavements" and "Hero" could not be any more perfect for Melanie imo - she'll kill it.

Really hoping they are the final 2! I'm almost positive that Chris has one of those spots though, which I guess I'm ok with.
    You are right, she would kill it! I hope thats what she sings. I dont think Chis has that spot tied up, we will have to see.I dont care for him, nothing special imnsho

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

These are the choices I voted for. I think Josh could really do well with "Chasing Pavements" and "Hero" could not be any more perfect for Melanie imo - she'll kill it.

Really hoping they are the final 2! I'm almost positive that Chris has one of those spots though, which I guess I'm ok with.
    Josh tweeted that he was "feeling" Everytime You Go Away (which I think most people remember as being done by Paul Young instead of Hall & Oates). But he also saw potential with Chasing Pavements. However, he said he'd be happy with whatever his fans chose for him. I wonder if most won't pick Come Together since it's a rock song. Good song, but I don't think it will showcase his wonderful vocals.

You're probably right about the final 2. Should be Josh and Melanie, but I'm really afraid Chris has enough fans to upset one of them. However, does anyone know if there is a final 2 or a final 3? If they eliminate one per week until the finale, that leaves a F3. If they have another double-elimination week, then they will be able to have a F2.

FORT Fogey

I agree that Paula should have voted and if a small amount of her vote was to smack Simon...so be it. He has been rude to the two female judges. I wonder if he would have been as upset if it was either of the other two girls who went. Remember that Drew was his only Pop Princess, when he let to other two go in favor of R and M. While Hhs song choices for R have been nothing special... he apparently thought this number for Drew would make the voting explode for her, and boy did he misjudge it. It was hideous in every regard.....not clever and amazing Simon, just hideous.

I think the words: "They tried to chair it" could come into our reality show lexicon to mean an utter failure....sort of like "jump the shark" pertaining to the demise
    of Happy Days.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Possible answer to the question about how many are eliminated from this point on. In the UK, they're doing the semifinals this week, and there are 4 contestants left. The information I saw stated that there is no sing-off at this point - it all depends on the voting. I can't believe they'd have 2 leave at this point. So at least it the UK, it appears that the finale has 3 contestants. Assuming the US version follows the lead of the UK version (which I believe it has been), it looks like it's single eliminations for the next 2 weeks.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I agree and disagree about Rachel. I think she is marketable in a few years, her voice/style along the lines of Macy Gray; but she is too young to pull off that style now.
    Wow... I hear nothing of Macy Gray when Rachel sings. Nothing.
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I was going to post the same thing. At first I hoped Paula would let the vote make the decision. But I have to give her props for sticking to her guns.
    Sticking to her guns? ROFLMAO. Paula flip flops more than a dying fish out of water! LOL!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I agree that Paula should have voted and if a small amount of her vote was to smack Simon...so be it. He has been rude to the two female judges.
    I truly don't think her vote had anything to do with Simon. Based on her comments on previous shows, I think she honestly prefers (what the heck is his name) to Drew.
    its_glinda_now and Fanny Mare like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I truly don't think her vote had anything to do with Simon. Based on her comments on previous shows, I think she honestly prefers (what the heck is his name) to Drew.
    I agree with you. In real life her and Simon are like besties, I don't think her vote had anything to do with him. Both her and Nicole have been trying to get Drew to change it up for weeks now, I think she was just tired of waiting.
    RealVoyeur likes this.

I agree with you. In real life her and Simon are like besties, I don't think her vote had anything to do with him. Both her and Nicole have been trying to get Drew to change it up for weeks now, I think she was just tired of waiting.
    Yup! and I dont think Drew could change

+ Reply to Thread