+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Re: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Too bad for Astro, but I've only got two words for him: Chris Daugtry

In other words, one doesn't have to win these shows to become a rousing success.
    Adam Lambert, Jennifer Hudson. I cannot remember who won AI last time. I stopped watching.

It was a double elimination last night.

Yes...Astro-not went first (getting the LOWEST total vote).."singing for the save" were Drew & Marcus.

Personally I think Drew has the better voice...Marcus the better stage presence, however BOTH would have gone eventually they have been in the bottom two before so obviously America just wasn't feelin' it with these two.

I agree with the thought that Simon (knowing the industry and knowing what his "client" can and can not do) DIDN'T let her sing an "up tempo" song because she just couldn't pull it off. Better to send her off with him taking the fall as opposed to her not being up to snuff (at least in his small mind).

Marcus will end up in bottom two again, L.A.Reid is trying to make this kid into the second coming of Bobby Brown..hey L.A....Bobby Brown didn't work so well the first time around...just sayin! Rachel needs to sign that darn Disney contract and move onto better things, Chris Rene will enjoy his time on this show and hopefully someone will allow him to WRITE..that is where his talent lies.....as for the Melanie and Josh...whoever said THEY NEED THIS SHOW hit the nail on the head...hopefully they can parlay this into something lucrative..may not become "superstars"...but hey what do I know...I'm just stuck here in my "normal" life and watchin' this guilty pleasure on my big arse tv!
    JunkieGirl and Fanny Mare like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Adam Lambert, Jennifer Hudson. I cannot remember who won AI last time. I stopped watching.
    Indeed. These types of shows have become stepping stones more than anything else, it seems.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Had she had an up tempo song for her very last challenge she might have swayed the vote. One last chance and Simon missed it, nevermind failing to do so week after week. Why not her last song? Perhaps she just cannot do this well. She is only 15, she has time to make her mark.
    She needs a coach, she needs a smaller venue. She sounds older than she is, which is both a curse or a blessing, it depends on what she does with it. As someone else said these shows( including AI) are stepping stones, I like to enjoy the singing, I dont invest too much in them Its purely entertainment. I got it all wrong. The two I liked went home.I would never want to listen to Marcus, or Chris. If anyone has that X factor, its Josh. Melanie is good, bit that IT , or in this case that X , I dont think so. But, I have been wrong many times before.LOL

I'm happy with the remaining contestants. I'm not fans of Chris or Marcus, but they are nice guys with a good attitude. I love Josh, Melanie and Rachel. It's a win win from here on out IMO.

FORT Fogey

I agree with you...the two I didn't like are both gone. Marcus and hopefully Chris will go next week, leaving us with the three I do like. Isn't it amazing that Simon did not take Melanie at first in favor of two POP PRINCESSES . It was only after hearing his fellow mentors tell him he made a mistake did he bring her to the show...yep Simon you made more than one mistake this season LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I agree with you...the two I didn't like are both gone. Marcus and hopefully Chris will go next week, leaving us with the three I do like. Isn't it amazing that Simon did not take Melanie at first in favor of two POP PRINCESSES . It was only after hearing his fellow mentors tell him he made a mistake did he bring her to the show...yep Simon you made more than one mistake this season LOL
    I think not picking Melanie at first was staged. I have no proof, but I don't think he was that stupid. I think he thought she was likely to win, so he did that to make it a better story.

I never did understand his desire for Drew. I know she has many fans here and I have read elsewhere that she had many fans. I never understood it. I don't know how how she ever got as far as she did. Perhaps a Taylor Swift thing. ???

Now, if Simon will let Rachel do songs that are right for her, she can stay at the top. It's like him giving Melanie, The Greatest Love of All to sing and then Rachael gets, Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Please Simon.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Simon was correct, he failed Drew by not giving her an up tempo song.
    I don't think it was just that he didn't give her an up tempo song... it was also that he had her sing Billie Jean and she sat down (with strange legs) for the whole song.
    She sang the song very well... but it was too strange having a 14 year old girl singing a song which is about denying an accusation of fathering a baby.
    Bottom line: Simon's song choice sucked.
    Hopefully, he'll make up for it by getting her a record deal.

I agree with those who said if looks could kill that the other judges would be in trouble... at least he was smart when he declined to make a comment (even when the host continued to pressure him to do so).

Unsure why Rachel is still here... she isn't that great of a singer... and I don't think she will sell many records. She WILL be amazing when Disney signs her - hopefully for a tv or movie deal!
    Last edited by jmb; 12-02-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Some have asked why Paula didn't vote for Marcus thus moving it to a Stand Off and going to the viewer vote? Gawd, the obvious reason is that Paula is a nincompoop! She has absolutely zero ability to think under pressure!!!! It's bad enough she can't string two thoughts together to form a coherent sentence but expecting someone that inept to be able to think clearly and/or articulate her thoughts while under what she perceives to be pressure (though I just call it "part of your ding-dang job") is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Actually, Paula did her job. She's a judge and she gave her opinion, just like the other two did. Before Simon's stunt last week (which I regarded as a cop-out), all of the judges gave their votes. If you have an opinion, then you should voice it, not shove the responsibility off onto other people. I freely admit that I'm biased, because I liked Leroy and would have loved to hear him again. I would rather have had Simon vote against him than have left it up to the fickle public. Marcus was better than Leroy? Really? Not in my opinion. And to continue with the comparison to AI, this is the same voting public who thought X was better than Daughtry (don't even remember who won that season) and that Kris What's-his-name was better than Lambert. (Whatever happened to the former? No clue, but I've seen Lambert everywhere since then. Guess he had the last laugh.)

Marcus pulled off his best performance tonight no doubt. He deserved to be spared. And I say this as someone who has not once been a Marcus-fan.
    I do like Marcus, but as an entertainer. Drew had a much better voice, but at least Marcus kept me awake. I thought he did much better than Drew in the sing-off and so deserved to remain.

Astro? Glad to see him go. VERY glad.
    Amen. He may have a career or not, but I won't spend money on him.

Drew? One trick pony who overstayed her welcome. Sure, Simon has been stubborn in not mixing it up for her... there's no doubt about that but someone mentioned that he realizes she cannot pull off an uptempo song so he kept her from them. Maybe that was a smart tactic on his part, I dunno... all I do know is that I gotta tell ya, every.single.song she performed sounded exactly the same. EGG-ZACT-LEE.
    Somebody here compared Drew to Pia once. Brother, after this week, I totally got it. Lovely voice, but both of her songs were snooze-fests. I agree with whoever said that Simon might sign her up, but that she might not necessarily have a big career. Honestly, I wouldn't spend money on her, either.

After seeing Astro's outburst when he was in the bottom 2 (or was it 3??) and Drew's reaction tonight just proves the point that these are children and completely... completely... unprepared to handle the inevitable disappointments of this show. Granted older teens and even adults can lose it but they need a bottom-end age limit so we're not subjected to these kinds of "sore loser" outbursts. Something tells me Rachel Crow has it more together and would take it so much better than Astro and/or Drew.
    That's what I thought. While the host was reading off the results, Rachel was smiling at her fans like she was happy no matter what (Marcus did the same). I thought that was really cool. She's one of those rare kids who's self-possessed enough to handle the hard knocks of life. I still don't like listening to her, though, because it's just too weird hearing a child belt out adult songs. Agree that she needs to shuttle over to Disney.

F2... Josh and Melanie.
    That's what I'm seeing. Only question is who will join them in the finale. Chris might since he has a sympathetic backstory, or it could be Rachel since she's so cute. I would be very surprised if either of them won, but hey, weirder things have happened on these shows.

And speaking of hosts, I've thought Steve was a wooden stick since day one. However, I also can't stand Ryan Seacrud's antics, either. I thought Carson Daly on The Voice hit it just right: sympathetic and friendly to the contestants but not over-the-top. I hope they keep him when that show comes around again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I don't think it was just that he didn't give her an up tempo song... it was also that he had her sing Billie Jean and she sat down (with strange legs) for the whole song.
    She sang the song very well... but it was too strange having a 14 year old girl singing a song which is about denying an accusation of fathering a baby.
    Bottom line: Simon's song choice sucked.
    Hopefully, he'll make up for it by getting her a record deal.

I agree with those who said if looks could kill that the other judges would be in trouble... at least he was smart when he declined to make a comment (even when the host continued to pressure him to do so).

Unsure why Rachel is still here... she isn't that great of a singer... and I don't think she will sell many records. She WILL be amazing when Disney signs her - hopefully for a tv or movie deal!
    I agree and disagree about Rachel. I think she is marketable in a few years, her voice/style along the lines of Macy Gray; but she is too young to pull off that style now.

Melanie could be marketable, but it's risky. In todays market, Drew and Chris have the best chances at making hits. Unfortunately, the people voting on singing contests aren't necessarily the one's buying records. My boys have their Ipods and buy songs, they can't stand and won't watch AI; they do like X Factor and both wanted Drew to win. They also love Chris.

Speaking of Chris, I don't think it's his back story that is bringing him the votes. I love when he sings his own songs .. he shines. He definately doesn't cover songs well, except I thought he did the best cover of Michael Jackson even with his limited range. My mother even thought he was the best of the night and she's 82! He has something special. Paula said 10 million people have downloaded Homey. LA should let him sing his own songs like he did with Astro.
    bee stung lips likes this.

+ Reply to Thread