+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Re: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I'm sorry, love Simon but that childish display was outrageous. If he had some toys, he would've thrown them down and gone home. If looks could kill, all the mentors would be gone (including that dumba$$ host). I'm glad that he took full responsibility for Drew's song last night but it was too little, too late. Simon has made horrible song choices for both Rachel and Drew. When they were choosing what to sing, made a big difference.

I felt so bad for Drew as she's a sensitive girl, but if she wants to be in show biz she's gonna have to get a thicker skin. I think she is very talented and will get a record deal out of this, she should have outlasted Marcus and Chris tho.
    That's pretty much what I thought. I'm not unhappy at all that Drew was voted off. She has bored me week after week. You hit it right on the head: Simon has screwed up with both her and Rachel, and his "apology" sounded sanctimonious to me. If he had really cared about Drew then he would listened to the other judges, or even just used common sense, and picked some better songs for her. Or better yet, let her pick them and perform them her way. He screwed up and now he has to pay the consequences.

I, too, felt sorry for Drew, but like you said, she's going to have to toughen up a little bit if she wants to do well in the cut throat world of show business.

Then I smack myself in the forehead and ask myself "why do I watch this stuff?" I hate seeing such young kids trying to play in an adult arena where one can be chewed up and spit out. Then we see Simon pull an epic tantrum that Astro could get behind. ha!
    Great comparison! Talk about getting a thicker skin. I used to love Simon on AI, but I have lost all respect for him after watching this show. He's been totally hypocritical in allowing things that he never would have tolerated on AI, has refused to listen to legitimate criticism from the judges, and instead acted like he's the God of the music business. I was actually glad to see him taken down a notch.

I guess I must be a lone wolf here, because it's Simon that I like the least of the judges. I'm not terribly enamored of the others, but on balance I like Simon the least.
    RealVoyeur likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Drew will be good... someone will sign her and she'll do better than whoever the winner will be of this singing contest.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Some have asked why Paula didn't vote for Marcus thus moving it to a Stand Off and going to the viewer vote? Gawd, the obvious reason is that Paula is a nincompoop! She has absolutely zero ability to think under pressure!!!! It's bad enough she can't string two thoughts together to form a coherent sentence but expecting someone that inept to be able to think clearly and/or articulate her thoughts while under what she perceives to be pressure (though I just call it "part of your ding-dang job") is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Marcus pulled off his best performance tonight no doubt. He deserved to be spared. And I say this as someone who has not once been a Marcus-fan.

Astro? Glad to see him go. VERY glad.

Drew? One trick pony who overstayed her welcome. Sure, Simon has been stubborn in not mixing it up for her... there's no doubt about that but someone mentioned that he realizes she cannot pull off an uptempo song so he kept her from them. Maybe that was a smart tactic on his part, I dunno... all I do know is that I gotta tell ya, every.single.song she performed sounded exactly the same. EGG-ZACT-LEE.

After seeing Astro's outburst when he was in the bottom 2 (or was it 3??) and Drew's reaction tonight just proves the point that these are children and completely... completely... unprepared to handle the inevitable disappointments of this show. Granted older teens and even adults can lose it but they need a bottom-end age limit so we're not subjected to these kinds of "sore loser" outbursts. Something tells me Rachel Crow has it more together and would take it so much better than Astro and/or Drew.

F2... Josh and Melanie.
    Lil Bit and fan*addict like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

First off...they should kick off that lousy host who reads everything from the script. Ever notice that he says and ask the same thing every week? He would ask the same question every time a contestant gets sent home despite the contestant being obviously upset. Drew was bawling and he had the gall to ask how it feels to be sent home???!! Can't he adlib? Why not ask Drew "I'm really sorry that you're leaving us tonite. Would you like to say a few words to your fans before you go?" instead of "How do you feel now that you got sent home?" Stupid!

Paula and Nicole voted against Simon, I don't think it's about Drew. All 3 judges wanted an uptempo or maybe even mid-tempo song from Drew but Simon never listened to them so it's payback time. Marcus was in the bottom twice in a row, I thought he should have been gone. If Paula made sense, she should have left it to the voting public and she can wash her hands. Now people are hating on her (and Nicole).

I dont hate them, or hate on them. As for Simon, I love Simon, but he cant act worth beans, and that's was acting! he did he same thing in the UK. If he thought he was wrong, why wasn't her save song uptempo ?such drama( fake drama) I thought Astro was fine going home, he's liked. He's got to have a little attitude because he's a rapper. Drew will have a big career, she doesnt need this show( nor does Astro) thats why the Josh or melaine will win.They need it to for their carreers. I recorded it when we went out and just watched it

The funniest part we laughed at was Simon*acting* like he thought the other judges were wrong.we didnt believe him for nanosecond

Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I thought Marcus stunk last night too. His voice is not strong, nor can he keep on key.

Drew will be okay. She got a ton of exposure, and Simon likes her enough to jump start her career.
    Absolutely. She doesnt have to worry I suspect simon will sign her himself! LOL

FORT Fogey

Had she had an up tempo song for her very last challenge she might have swayed the vote. One last chance and Simon missed it, nevermind failing to do so week after week. Why not her last song? Perhaps she just cannot do this well. She is only 15, she has time to make her mark.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Too bad for Astro, but I've only got two words for him: Chris Daugtry

In other words, one doesn't have to win these shows to become a rousing success.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Drew and Astro....major stars in the future? Maybe, but people say that about their favorite every time he/she is eliminated. There is that audience for rap and Astro may make his mark there, but I see nothing for Drew. She is a a young girl who has some voice, but not especially cute or attractive.

The best part was Simon's tantrum. "I made a mistake"...yea, having her sit during the whole song was silly and added NOTHING to the power or emotion of the song.

He dressed her like a rag bag several times. "Drew designed her dress" . Yea...that is why we don't have 14 year old designers, Simon. Their taste level is pretty limited.

If he actually thought Paula and Nicole were going to support him, he was delusional. He had been pretty obnoxious to both of them about losing their people. Did he actually think he was carrying all three of his girls into the final three?? Sadly, I think he did.
    its_glinda_now likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Didn't see the results show last night, so just to clarify: Both Drew and Astro were eliminated last nigiht?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread